General One UI 5.0 Official [SnapDragon] - Android 13 SM-G998U

Search This thread

nguoikhongmangho

Feb 26, 2017
I only use the AP, BL, CSC and CP whitout USERDATA, but before flash, do a factory reset with recovery.
i did like you but the CSC is still XAA and the current device code is 998U, now it's on one UI5 and the device works fine, i have reset the phone and fortunately the esim is not lost... My phone won't update automatically because CSC XAA doesn't have SM-G998U...

burnxtc

Jan 7, 2012
Day 4 on my XAA with VZW DVK3 Android 13. May have been a bad debloat, but I'm not crazy about battery life thus far. Going to reflash and try again. I came from 11 and the phone is half as efficient.

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Day 4 on my XAA with VZW DVK3 Android 13. May have been a bad debloat, but I'm not crazy about battery life thus far. Going to reflash and try again. I came from 11 and the phone is half as efficient.
Using Frija just search 998U1 instead of 998U AND using one of the big 3 carriers (I used TMB as not officially released for the XAA) and it will fetch you the U1 non bloated version. This way you won't need to debloat the phone yourself.

Reactions: burnxtc

burnxtc

Jan 7, 2012
Using Frija just search 998U1 instead of 998U AND using one of the big 3 carriers (I used TMB as not officially released for the XAA) and it will fetch you the U1 non bloated version. This way you won't need to debloat the phone yourself.
Thanks for the tip man, I may just do that.
I'm perhaps a little too obsessed with debloating.

burnxtc

Jan 7, 2012
So I checked Frija, and that's the same image I used. What I'm going to do this go is reflash and strictly stick to the debloating I did on A11. A13 introduced a LOT more background services which I'm going to have a little more respect for. :D

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
So I checked Frija, and that's the same image I used. What I'm going to do this go is reflash and strictly stick to the debloating I did on A11. A13 introduced a LOT more background services which I'm going to have a little more respect for. :D
Actually if you look closely at the version, you'll see it's G998U"1"UEU5DVK3 instead of the G998U version with the carrier bloat.

Edit: I stand corrected, looks like Verizon also runs off of the U1 as well. Although I do not see any Verizon bloat on mine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed it without any problem in the G998U1 XAA now it is G998U :D
    Works on my ATT 998U!

Reference for others - BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC are the same on all carrier G998U models, just leave out the USERDATA file.

So far, everything works. Sucks to have AT&T bloat again, but it will carry me until the U1 firmware is out.

Thanks, Tony!
    Nope no issues as of yet, running really smooth
    I only use the AP, BL, CSC and CP whitout USERDATA, but before flash, do a factory reset with recovery.