General One ui 5.1 causing display issue on s22 ultra

Search This thread

nairprasad07

Apr 10, 2023
After 5.1 update my s22 ultra started showing white streak of line at upper left corner to front camera. This is seen only during waking up of screen.

Lot many such threads in Samsung forum too..

Worst part is samsung is not acknowledging the issue itself. Service centre says display to be changed.

Mine was bought in Singapore and is presently in india. They are even not taking the set stating that send it to Singapore.

Any one else with the issue.. suggest course of action.

Regards

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230402-082536.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230402-082536.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Reactions: Xenova

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
OnePlus 5
Realme XT
After 5.1 update my s22 ultra started showing white streak of line at upper left corner to front camera. This is seen only during waking up of screen.

Worst part is samsung is not acknowledging the issue itself. Service centre says display to be changed.

Mine was bought in Singapore and is presently in india. They are even not taking the set stating that send it to Singapore.

Regards
Software bug, Please change refresh rate to standard (60hz) and check if it's gone.

Reactions: nairprasad07

Regards
That is a hardware issue and not a OneUI issue. You need to send it in for repairs, or take to your local phone repair shop to get the display replaced.

Have you tried force stopping OneUI, then clearing data? Also, just to make sure it is not OneUI, try another launcher, like Microsoft Launcher (which is free), or the free version of Nova Launcher. The last thing, would be to a factory reset. If it is software related, then doing a factory reset should solve the problem.

mac4rfree

Sep 17, 2010
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S20
Bro even I had the same issue and I just had 1 week time for my warranty to expire. When I showed to CC, they took my device for screen replacement. One thing to note here is even if there is small dent then it seems we have to pay, even though it was like that for a long time and not related to this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards

Regards
    Software bug, Please change refresh rate to standard (60hz) and check if it's gone.
    How do you don't have warranty allready? It's not 2 years ?
    Not all countries have the same warranty laws.