One UI 5 S7 Plus

Search This thread

[email protected]

Sep 2, 2015
For those who have already installed it, can you tell me if all the Good Lock modules are still working? In particular, I'm using the larger 10 x 7 Home Screen grid that's only available in HomeUp. I'd appreciate if someone can check if this still works under OneUI 5.0 on the S7+ ?
All Good Lock modules are updated to One ui 5,You just have to install the update after updating to One UI5, worth the redundancy. 😁😁

Last edited:
Reactions: mickliq

treoless

Apr 18, 2011
Just received the update on my S7+ in the US. Installing now.
Still no update for my unlocked Fold4 though...:rolleyes:

halloo13

Mar 12, 2015
I installed One UI 5.0 on my regular Tab S7 (11 inch, EUX) and have to admit that I am very dissapointed. Samsung promised way more fluent animations, no annoying start-up lags anymore and an overall improvement in System stability. Non of that happens to be the case. My Tablet feels more laggy, compared to One UI 2.5/3.1.1. Even the Android Easter egg only gets shown on one side instead of full screen, which seems to be bug (No the pictures are not edited)

In my opinion, they rushed this update too fast, so that they can prove the point of releasing updates quicker than ever before now.

I will try out two things this week:

1) Reset the Tablet and see how it performs with 5.0 being freshly, clean installed
2) Downgrade to One UI 3.1, which, for me, was the last update that really changed something noticabely on my Tablet.

I miss those older days (2016-2020 especially), when new Android versions really changed things and introduced cool new stuff. Nowadays, I feel like we're stuck with the same Design and the same features with little to no changes after all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_004951_Android System.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130_004951_Android System.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20221130_005002_Android System.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130_005002_Android System.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

Arealhooman

I installed One UI 5.0 on my regular Tab S7 (11 inch, EUX) and have to admit that I am very dissapointed. Samsung promised way more fluent animations, no annoying start-up lags anymore and an overall improvement in System stability. Non of that happens to be the case. My Tablet feels more laggy, compared to One UI 2.5/3.1.1. Even the Android Easter egg only gets shown on one side instead of full screen, which seems to be bug (No the pictures are not edited)

In my opinion, they rushed this update too fast, so that they can prove the point of releasing updates quicker than ever before now.

I will try out two things this week:

1) Reset the Tablet and see how it performs with 5.0 being freshly, clean installed
2) Downgrade to One UI 3.1, which, for me, was the last update that really changed something noticabely on my Tablet.

I miss those older days (2016-2020 especially), when new Android versions really changed things and introduced cool new stuff. Nowadays, I feel like we're stuck with the same Design and the same features with little to no changes after all.
Android 12 was a big one. But yeah, I also noticed the Easter egg. It doesn’t even work.

Hi all,

I found myself opening a lot of tabs on XDA to figure out on how to upgrade my Tab S7+ Wifi - SM-T970 to newer Firmware versions while retaining Root (magisk). This is why I made myself a short guide. Then I decided to share it with you and the short guide went from short to medium sized.

I hope it helps. (The resources/drivers/programs I used can be found at the bottom of this comment. (no links, but Google will help you out)

Firmware Upgrade Guide Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ | SM-T970 | CSC:EUX | while keeping/retaining Magisk Root.

1.Download Latest firmware on PC via Frija (CSC:EUX & Model:SM-T970 for me)
2.Extract ZIP Open extracted directory and delete ZIP.(I like to keep a clean overview, so optional)
3.In the directory you find BL, AP, CP, CSC & HOME_CSC files. If you use the Wifi only version of the Tablet, you can remove the CP file.

This leaves the BL file (should be left untouched), AP file & CSC & HOME_CSC files.

Choose one of the two CSC files to keep.
4.a. Want to Keep your data? Use Home_CSC....tar.md5 file using ODIN, other file can be removed.
4.b. Factory reset? Use other CSC file instead.

5.Move (not copy, but move) AP file (AP......tar.md5) to Tablet and patch whole file in Magisk (I am using the latest Canary Magisk version)
When this is done, move the patched AP file called magisk_patchedsomethingsomething back to the first extracted directory (step 2) AP-file name does not matter.

Connect tablet to PC with USB.
Using Terminal in ADB directory, use " adb devices" to check if PC can find tablet when tablet operates normally. Use command " adb reboot download" to boot the tablet directly into download mode.

Open ODIN (no settings need to be adjusted in ODIN other than selecting the correct files)

In ODIN,
Select AP ---select ---> magisk_patched.#######.tar
Select BL ---> BL_####.tar.md5
Select CSC ---> HOME_CSC_####.tar.md5
OR use CSC_####.tar.md5 if factory reset is required

Click Start. Wait. And enjoy!

Resources used:
-Friji v1.4.4 for downloading latest firmware real fast.
-Minimal ADB Fastboot v1.4.3.exe for minimalistic ADB-installation
-Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones (for PC to recognize the tablet in Download mode)
-Odin (I used the latest version v3.14.4)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arealhooman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Weirdly, Frija still shows Android 12 as the latest version. Anybody know which CSC I can use to download the latest full version for odin?
    EUX shows Android 13
    For those who have already installed it, can you tell me if all the Good Lock modules are still working? In particular, I'm using the larger 10 x 7 Home Screen grid that's only available in HomeUp. I'd appreciate if someone can check if this still works under OneUI 5.0 on the S7+ ?
    All Good Lock modules are updated to One ui 5,You just have to install the update after updating to One UI5, worth the redundancy. 😁😁
    Hi all,

I found myself opening a lot of tabs on XDA to figure out on how to upgrade my Tab S7+ Wifi - SM-T970 to newer Firmware versions while retaining Root (magisk). This is why I made myself a short guide. Then I decided to share it with you and the short guide went from short to medium sized.

I hope it helps. (The resources/drivers/programs I used can be found at the bottom of this comment. (no links, but Google will help you out)

Firmware Upgrade Guide Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ | SM-T970 | CSC:EUX | while keeping/retaining Magisk Root.

1.Download Latest firmware on PC via Frija (CSC:EUX & Model:SM-T970 for me)
    2.Extract ZIP Open extracted directory and delete ZIP.(I like to keep a clean overview, so optional)
    3.In the directory you find BL, AP, CP, CSC & HOME_CSC files. If you use the Wifi only version of the Tablet, you can remove the CP file.

This leaves the BL file (should be left untouched), AP file & CSC & HOME_CSC files.

Choose one of the two CSC files to keep.
    4.a. Want to Keep your data? Use Home_CSC....tar.md5 file using ODIN, other file can be removed.
    4.b. Factory reset? Use other CSC file instead.

5.Move (not copy, but move) AP file (AP......tar.md5) to Tablet and patch whole file in Magisk (I am using the latest Canary Magisk version)
    When this is done, move the patched AP file called magisk_patchedsomethingsomething back to the first extracted directory (step 2) AP-file name does not matter.

Connect tablet to PC with USB.
    Using Terminal in ADB directory, use " adb devices" to check if PC can find tablet when tablet operates normally. Use command " adb reboot download" to boot the tablet directly into download mode.

Open ODIN (no settings need to be adjusted in ODIN other than selecting the correct files)

In ODIN,
    Select AP ---select ---> magisk_patched.#######.tar
    Select BL ---> BL_####.tar.md5
    Select CSC ---> HOME_CSC_####.tar.md5
    OR use CSC_####.tar.md5 if factory reset is required

Click Start. Wait. And enjoy!

Resources used:
    -Friji v1.4.4 for downloading latest firmware real fast.
    -Minimal ADB Fastboot v1.4.3.exe for minimalistic ADB-installation
    -Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones (for PC to recognize the tablet in Download mode)
    -Odin (I used the latest version v3.14.4)