ONE UI Beta Is Up

Search This thread

duh_steven

Aug 20, 2016
Didn't know the official one ui beta for the unlocked Snapdragon S8 came out some weeks ago. I know the beta for it already ended, but is there a way to install ZSAB with Odin3B on my Verizon S8 DRL7. Originally my phone was unlocked, but after flashing it's on G950U.

Edit: i figured it out

Last edited:

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
Could anyone with a Sprint gs8 variant help me out.. or anyone that might know. Way too much different info for all the diff versions. I'm on CSA4. Maybe I'm making this to difficult.. but I just need a basic outline.. and I'd really like to install the latest version.. most of the guides I've found are a month+ old. Thanks!

SixArmedPriest

May 7, 2018
Didn't know the official one ui beta for the unlocked Snapdragon S8 came out some weeks ago. I know the beta for it already ended, but is there a way to install ZSAB with Odin3B on my Verizon S8 DRL7. Originally my phone was unlocked, but after flashing it's on G950U.

Edit: i figured it out

Did you have any issues flashing ZSAB from DRL7. Which Odin and fw did you use. Been trying to get off DRL7 for a week now with no luck flashing. Fail errors Everytime. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Exact steps you took would be helpful.

duh_steven

Aug 20, 2016
Did you have any issues flashing ZSAB from DRL7. Which Odin and fw did you use. Been trying to get off DRL7 for a week now with no luck flashing. Fail errors Everytime. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Exact steps you took would be helpful.

I had no issues at all flashing it for the first time. I used modded/patched Odin3 v3 13.1_3B and G950U1....CRL2 fw. If you're on DRL7 you can flash straight to the unlocked fw. Mine passed without getting any errors. My advice for you is to find the firmwares for the S8+ G955U, NOT G950U.

1.) Download G950U1UES5CRL2 from updato and extract the files. (only for S8 G950U not G955U)
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=F1B6FF120F1611E99F15FA163EE8F90B
2.) Download Patched Odin 3.13.1
3.) Also download the CRL2 to ZSAB file (extract the files and place it intp your SD card)
https://firmware.science/download?url=00000/0000/SS-G950U1UES5CRL2-to-EU5ZSAB-UP
5.) Turn off your device and go into download mode
6.) Plug a USB cable from your phone to your computer/laptop
4.) Open Odin and flash the CRL2 files to your device (remember to use HOME_CSC not CSC.
5.) Once it's complete your phone should restart and be back to Android Oreo.
6.) Turn your device off again and go into recovery mode and apply the ZSAB file from your SD card to update.
7.) Congrats! your phone is on the Android Pie Official Beta

After my Verizon S8 DRL7 was updated to the official beta ZSAB, there was no verizon bootup animation and bloatwares. You get Super Slow Motion, better battery life, and the irritating lockscreen pull down lag is finally gone.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
No OTA update for Feb. patch on Oreo as Samsung will prepare the Pie official rollout this coming March.

tri0xinn

Jul 11, 2008
I had no issues at all flashing it for the first time. I used modded/patched Odin3 v3 13.1_3B and G950U1....CRL2 fw. If you're on DRL7 you can flash straight to the unlocked fw. Mine passed without getting any errors. My advice for you is to find the firmwares for the S8+ G955U, NOT G950U.

1.) Download G950U1UES5CRL2 from updato and extract the files. (only for S8 G950U not G955U)
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=F1B6FF120F1611E99F15FA163EE8F90B
3.) Also download the CRL2 to ZSAB file (extract the files and place it intp your SD card)
https://firmware.science/download?url=00000/0000/SS-G950U1UES5CRL2-to-EU5ZSAB-UP
4.) Open Odin and flash the CRL2 files to your device (remember to use HOME_CSC not CSC.
6.) Turn your device off again and go into recovery mode and apply the ZSAB file from your SD card to update.

After my Verizon S8 DRL7 was updated to the official beta ZSAB, there was no verizon bootup animation and bloatwares. You get Super Slow Motion, better battery life, and the irritating lockscreen pull down lag is finally gone.

Hey, worked great. Thanks for the info. Installed earlier today and everything seems to work great on my Sprint GS8. You mentioned not having any bloatware.. I still do but I didn't do a wipe prior to the zsab update. Do you know if that will get rid of all the Sprint apps and other bloatware? I may consider it but a little worried the phone won't register on the network.

Reactions: duh_steven

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
Hey, worked great. Thanks for the info. Installed earlier today and everything seems to work great on my Sprint GS8. You mentioned not having any bloatware.. I still do but I didn't do a wipe prior to the zsab update. Do you know if that will get rid of all the Sprint apps and other bloatware? I may consider it but a little worried the phone won't register on the network.

Stick to what you have for now. It's good.

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
This was meant for "Oreo" as stated.
And, it is still beta even if it doesn't show that is is. Z builds for Exynos are beta builds.

Cool. Thought it might have been that. I'm impressed by how fast Samsung have rolled out the Feb patch. Usually takes them a long time. Apologies in missing the Oreo bit.

Nhawk

Dec 5, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 3 public beta builds:
ZSAB: Pie beta for Snapdragon S8
ZSAC: Pie beta for Exynos S8
ZSAI: Pie beta for Exynos S8
I assume there are no other public Pie beta builds for Snapdragon at this time yet.

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 3 public beta builds:
ZSAB: Pie beta for Snapdragon S8
ZSAC: Pie beta for Exynos S8
ZSAI: Pie beta for Exynos S8
I assume there are no other public Pie beta builds for Snapdragon at this time yet.

ZSAB for Snapdragon S8? Nope. It's for Exynos var..

For Snapdragon S8 and S8+, it's DRL7 (closed beta builds).

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
ZSAB for Snapdragon S8? Nope. It's for Exynos var..

For Snapdragon S8 and S8+, it's DRL7 (closed beta builds).

Hrm you sure? ZSAB was for the 950U1 (carrier unlocked) which is Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.

I'm thinking you meant to say that the 950U (carrier locked) upgrade path is DRL7 (closed beta) ?

Here is a great resource that shows you the different upgrade dependencies and current up to date latest beta versions: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-update/

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloud Strife 48
Jul 31, 2016

Will it work on DRL6 build?
I also have Verizon S8.

Last edited:

duh_steven

Aug 20, 2016
Will it work on DRL6 build?

Yes, this will work as long as your model number is SM-G950U. Flashing the fw will turn your carrier locked device back to an unlocked model SM-G950U1. G950U...DRL6 ----> G950U1....CRL2 ----> G950U1....ZSAB

I have checked all my apps and again there is no Verizon bloatware pre-installed after the update and also the bootup animation.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2016
Yes, this will work as long as your model number is SM-G950U. Flashing the fw will turn your carrier locked device back to an unlocked model SM-G950U1. G950U...DRL6 ----> G950U1....CRL2 ----> G950U1....ZSAB

I have checked all my apps and again there is no Verizon bloatware pre-installed after the update and also the bootup animation.
Do I have to reset my phone first? Before flashing?

Top Liked Posts