• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

One UI4 Beta 1, 2 & 3- US - OTA update link (N986U1 only)

Search This thread

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
If you're in the beta program then it should be there but if you flashed beta onto your phone then you'll need to flash the new update

I don't think being on the Beta will get you OTA, I THINK you need to be on a stock firmware release (it's what I remember from the Note 8 and 10). If someone that was on Beta and got the OTA, please correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: biged1218

androidloveRs3104

Sep 4, 2016
If you're in the beta program then it should be there but if you flashed beta onto your phone then you'll need to flash the new update
so this means we have to flash and get erased everything with Odin? or with Odin we can keep device without formatting while flashing the official one.? I hope afterwards we will get ota update.?
please clarify ...
thanks.

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
I don't think being on the Beta will get you OTA, I THINK you need to be on a stock firmware release (it's what I remember from the Note 8 and 10). If someone that was on Beta and got the OTA, please correct me if I'm wrong
I was on the official beta for one ui 3 a year ago, and there was an OTA directly from the final beta to the official release. No need to odin if you were 100% registered for the beta and on the latest.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
so this means we have to flash and get erased everything with Odin? or with Odin we can keep device without formatting while flashing the official one.? I hope afterwards we will get ota update.?
please clarify ...
thanks.
Thanks to @DevVorteX for the reminder.

If you're registered with Samsung on the Beta program then you should get the OTA, if you flashed the Update.zip, then you'll need to odin to the stock firmware

Reactions: biged1218

URIST.LG

Jan 23, 2015
Lugansk
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Can someone upload update file from beta 3 to stable? I am not registered beta user, I flash update.zip. but if I was registered user I mast to have ota update to stable. Where I can find this file? because people got it. Right? I just don't have access to a computer.... 😢

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Can someone upload update file from beta 3 to stable? I am not registered beta user, I flash update.zip. but if I was registered user I mast to have ota update to stable. Where I can find this file? because people got it. Right? I just don't have access to a computer.... 😢
There is no update.zip file. If you don't have access your best bet would be to go into a Best Buy. The Samsung folks can flash you to stock.
Edit - But if you're actually in Ukraine, Best Buy wont be an option

Last edited:

Kingaries79

Mar 8, 2015
Since updating to the official one UI 4. I noticed scene optimizer stop working. Is anyone else having this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is beta 4 available for download? I had to flash because I didn't get into the beta in time
    And since Android 12 has gone live for some of the carriers, I'd suspect there wont be a beta 4. My bet is it'll move to stable and get released very soon
    The official firmware is up for grabs in Frija

sm-n986u1 csc xaa
    I was on the official beta for one ui 3 a year ago, and there was an OTA directly from the final beta to the official release. No need to odin if you were 100% registered for the beta and on the latest.
    Where are the files?
    Also is this for the US version
    Can someone upload offical firmware to gdrive or another service? Please 🙏 🙏

Post #3
    Folks - Please do read carefully
    One UI 4 Beta is live for Note 20 Ultra in US (Unlocked devices)
    This Beta is for SM-N986U1 only

Open up the Samsung members app it will show if there is an update available. Update the app.
    After update see the top banners as in my screenshot. Tap on that and sign up for Beta. In case you don't get the sign up banner, see below.

Beta 1 - I was able to capture One UI4 Beta 1 OTA link
    Beta 2 - This enables esim on U1 (Unlocked) -
    One UI4 Beta 2 OTA link
    Beta 3 -
    One UI4 Beta 3 OTA link

Google pay is not working on Beta 1, 2 and 3.

Pre-requisite - To flash Beta 1 you need to be on firmware N986U1UES2DUJ7
    Beta 2 should only be flashed after you are on Beta 1
    Beta 3 should be flashed only when you are on Beta 2

Just download by clicking the link rename it to update.zip and flash it either through recovery or by using ADB.

If you don't want to download using OTA link, rename etc our good friend @kangi26 has uploaded the beta versions along with the instructions to flash here in the post 3 of his thread along with many other firmwares.

Fair warning flashing through recovery or ADB may wipe your device.
    To avoid Wipe (ATT users on U1 firmware) do the following: (Thanks @DevVorteX
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. Replace IMEI with your IMEI number which you can copy from settings
      2. This brings up service menu
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.

Beta registrations are closed for now as it's full.
    Just read the 4th beta is out! Can't wait for the download link!
    Please do let us know how that goes even though it's very likely you will end up with wipe but there can always be surprises.
    @androidloveRs3104 any update from you ?
    It worked!!!

Before I used adb to sideload beta3, I used that *#272*IMEI# menu thing to go to XAA/XAA/ATT. I rebooted to recovery and did the sideload and my phone just booted up without wiping.

So the full steps:
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. obviously replace IMEI with your IMEI
      2. This brings up the secret menu thing
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.
    Also in my defense, I never read those adb sideload instructions because I already "knew" how to do it from past experience. I'm just happy this was pretty simple to avoid a full wipe.

Edit: Just so you know, I got so excited to test this, I almost forgot the whole XAA swap thing and was already installing the zip in recovery. I had to ctrl+c the dos window on my computer to stop it. Then it warned me that my system partition could be broken. I powered through and rebooted and luckily it hadn't actually done the update yet. So I'm glad I stopped it in time and was able to confirm that it does work.
    I was able to download the .bin file, Will try to get a flash (or will wait until I get the beta sign up option)
    For those having trouble downloading it, just copy and paste the link into ADM

@warriorvibhu thanks man! Much appreciated
    So it took about 5-10 min to update, and it DOES wipe. But looks good so far, setting up now. I suspect that without signing up for the Beta, it MAY not get updates. It's been a LONG time since I've run a beta and it's hard to remember