• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

One UI4 Beta 1, 2 & 3- US - OTA update link (N986U1 only)

Search This thread

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Hey all, so I'm on 986U ATT. I installed the N986U1UES2DUJ7 to get on U1 firmware and then installed the beta download through recovery. No issues there, everything went fairly smoothly. However, when I go to the Members app, it says "Welcome to the one ui beta" but doesn't give me anywhere to actually register. If I click on beta feedback, beta notices, or the notification bell I get a pop up that says "One UI Beta features aren't available because you haven't joined the One UI Beta Program or your country information has changed". Anyone know if I will still get beta updates or what might be the issue?

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
Hey all, so I'm on 986U ATT. I installed the N986U1UES2DUJ7 to get on U1 firmware and then installed the beta download through recovery. No issues there, everything went fairly smoothly. However, when I go to the Members app, it says "Welcome to the one ui beta" but doesn't give me anywhere to actually register. If I click on beta feedback, beta notices, or the notification bell I get a pop up that says "One UI Beta features aren't available because you haven't joined the One UI Beta Program or your country information has changed". Anyone know if I will still get beta updates or what might be the issue?
From past betas, that would indicate that if there's a new beta you have to use recovery again and obtain the update.zip. Unless of course somewhere in between, you're able to see and click on the beta registration banner. Like if they open it back up (maybe it's still open, I don't know)

Just so I know, since I have the same setup, when you flashed the zip in recovery, did it factory reset your phone?

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
From past betas, that would indicate that if there's a new beta you have to use recovery again and obtain the update.zip. Unless of course somewhere in between, you're able to see and click on the beta registration banner. Like if they open it back up (maybe it's still open, I don't know)

Just so I know, since I have the same setup, when you flashed the zip in recovery, did it factory reset your phone?

From what other people have said, it will factory reset the phone. I didn't want to dirty flash either the N986U1UES2DUJ7 for 986U1 or the update.zip, so I factory reset the phone before doing either. So I can't say for sure if it would have. My phone hadn't been reset in a very long time, so it was due for a new beginning. :)

Reactions: DevVorteX

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10

When I used ADB to flash Beta one ui 3 nothing got wiped, see if you want to try that.

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
When I used ADB to flash Beta one ui 3 nothing got wiped, see if you want to try that.
This is probably irrelevant, but what carrier are you on? I'm on ATT and my device is originally from ATT, but I flashed the U1 firmware on it a long time ago via odin.

Edit: My concern isn't so much the initial wipe, it's that if I flash the ota via adb, and I'm still not part of the beta program, I'll have to flash again the same way and wipe again ever new beta and likely when the official release comes out. I'm not really looking forward to that idea if it does wipe.

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
This is probably irrelevant, but what carrier are you on? I'm on ATT and my device is originally from ATT, but I flashed the U1 firmware on it a long time ago via odin.

Edit: My concern isn't so much the initial wipe, it's that if I flash the ota via adb, and I'm still not part of the beta program, I'll have to flash again the same way and wipe again ever new beta and likely when the official release comes out. I'm not really looking forward to that idea if it does wipe.
Beta 2 is out ..and beta is open. Flash beta 1 manually and then open members app register for beta ( registration open as on 24th Nov 2021 7 am EST). After that you will get OTA for beta 2.

Last edited:

biged1218

Feb 14, 2014
Anyone know when the beta 2 software will be ready to sideload?

Found the link right here in this thread. Gotta open my eyes a little bit lol

Last edited:

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Beta 2 is out ..and beta is open. Flash beta 1 manually and then open members app register for beta ( registration open as on 24th Nov 2021 7 am EST. After that you will get OTA for beta 2.
Coming from latest 986u ATT firmware, I used odin to go to 986u1, DUJ7, setup phone, updated Members app. No Beta notification. :(

Any thoughts?
Just re-read your post again. Gonna flash beta 1 and see if I can register for the beta....last time I did, I couldn't.

Ok, so I flashed the Beta 1 in recovery, setup the phone, opened the Members app. It says welcome to the One UI Beta Program, but any of the buttons I click say that I am not registered for it. No registration bubbles. No update to Beta 2.

also, the Beta 2 in the OP is only 441MB, is it just an update that should be flashed after Beta 1?

Last edited:

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
Coming from latest 986u ATT firmware, I used odin to go to 986u1, DUJ7, setup phone, updated Members app. No Beta notification. :(

Any thoughts?
Just re-read your post again. Gonna flash beta 1 and see if I can register for the beta....last time I did, I couldn't.

also, the Beta 2 in the OP is only 441MB, is it just an update that should be flashed after Beta 1?
Inside the update script of the beta 2 file, it shows
source firmware: N986U1UEU2ZUK7
target firmware: N986U1UEU2ZUKA

So it needs to flash in recovery after the first beta

Reactions: warriorvibhu

sapps

Mar 17, 2007

Thanks, I flashed it and setting up the phone now. For those wondering, flashing Beta 2 will wipe the device.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle

Correct, you will need to be on Beta 1 before you can flash the Beta 2, thanks again to @warriorvibhu, I'll have the link to AFH in a few min, regardless if you ADB or flash in recovery

Reactions: warriorvibhu

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
I think it should be illegal that while on the beta firmware, you can't sign up for the beta program. I wish I knew what samsung is using to determine eligibility for the banner to show up.

I'm on beta 2 now, so I'm ok, but I'd like to just get the update normally for the next beta or official whenever the next one drops.

NWOhio419

Nov 24, 2021
I think it should be illegal that while on the beta firmware, you can't sign up for the beta program. I wish I knew what samsung is using to determine eligibility for the banner to show up.

I'm on beta 2 now, so I'm ok, but I'd like to just get the update normally for the next beta or official whenever the next one drops.
I agree, but I was probably one of the first 10 to 20 people who joined the beta for the US. I saw users stating it dropped through the early morning of the 17th. I was not seeing the banner either. I tried everything even tried ODIN again without SIM just to make sure it had nothing to do with carrier.

I found out it was something with my Samsung account. With my normal account I use every day banner would not show. I could log out of my Samsung account and members will show the banner, as soon as I log in with the account banner would disappear.

I tried to register before logging in, it then forced me to login into account.

Once I logged into my account after clicking register it then said "your device isn't eligible for this event"

I went one step further and decided to create a whole new Samsung account. Low and behold I was able to register with the beta and continue to download the Beta 1 firmware on day 1, before most everyone else even knew it was out.

Shame on Samsung, as it seems they are picking and choosing "who" can qualify to beta test this open beta and perhaps not allowing those who are loyal customers. Just my two cents.

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
I agree, but I was probably one of the first 10 to 20 people who joined the beta for the US. I saw users stating it dropped through the early morning of the 17th. I was not seeing the banner either. I tried everything even tried ODIN again without SIM just to make sure it had nothing to do with carrier.

I found out it was something with my Samsung account. With my normal account I use every day banner would not show. I could log out of my Samsung account and members will show the banner, as soon as I log in with the account banner would disappear.

I tried to register before logging in, it then forced me to login into account.

Once I logged into my account after clicking register it then said "your device isn't eligible for this event"

I went one step further and decided to create a whole new Samsung account. Low and behold I was able to register with the beta and continue to download the Beta 1 firmware on day 1, before most everyone else even knew it was out.

Shame on Samsung, as it seems they are picking and choosing "who" can qualify to beta test this open beta and perhaps not allowing those who are loyal customers. Just my two cents.
Wow, I dont think I've ever been more disappointed in Samsung than I am right now. I've been on a Samsung device for longer than I can remember and therefore have had a samsung account for a real long time.

I signed out of my account and created a new samsung account and sure enough the Beta banner was there. Unfortunately, it says they have reached the maximum number of participants. Do you think I would get different response if I flash back to U1 firmware and then try and click the banner?

NWOhio419

Nov 24, 2021
Wow, I dont think I've ever been more disappointed in Samsung than I am right now. I've been on a Samsung device for longer than I can remember and therefore have had a samsung account for a real long time.

I signed out of my account and created a new samsung account and sure enough the Beta banner was there. Unfortunately, it says they have reached the maximum number of participants. Do you think I would get different response if I flash back to U1 firmware and then try and click the banner?
I'll leave perhaps the more seasoned users who have been involved with the beta previously to answer that question. This is my first actual beta process through Samsung. I attempted for Android 11 however all spots were full once I got around to it. I was determined this time around to get in.

I work in IT, so usually follow a lot of extra troubleshooting steps that most people don't think about.

I feel you on the disappointment, I'm full blown Samsung over here. Full suite of Smartthings, Watch, Buds, samsung smart washer/dryer, samsung smart gas range.

I just assumed maybe at first one of the above was incompatible with the Android 12 / One UI 4.0 and thus was why I was holding out on saying anything to anyone about my discovery. I've since found that assumption is incorrect and everything works without issue on OneUI 4.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any update guys about beta 4? when can we get it?
    As soon as it's released in US I will try to capture and post now if it's released midnight I may be able to capture it in the morning so allow me that much benefit :)
    Can someone upload offical firmware to gdrive or another service? Please 🙏 🙏

Post #3
    Where are the files?
    Also is this for the US version
    The official firmware is up for grabs in Frija

sm-n986u1 csc xaa
    Is beta 4 available for download? I had to flash because I didn't get into the beta in time
    And since Android 12 has gone live for some of the carriers, I'd suspect there wont be a beta 4. My bet is it'll move to stable and get released very soon
    Folks - Please do read carefully
    One UI 4 Beta is live for Note 20 Ultra in US (Unlocked devices)
    This Beta is for SM-N986U1 only

Open up the Samsung members app it will show if there is an update available. Update the app.
    After update see the top banners as in my screenshot. Tap on that and sign up for Beta. In case you don't get the sign up banner, see below.

Beta 1 - I was able to capture One UI4 Beta 1 OTA link
    Beta 2 - This enables esim on U1 (Unlocked) -
    One UI4 Beta 2 OTA link
    Beta 3 -
    One UI4 Beta 3 OTA link

Google pay is not working on Beta 1, 2 and 3.

Pre-requisite - To flash Beta 1 you need to be on firmware N986U1UES2DUJ7
    Beta 2 should only be flashed after you are on Beta 1
    Beta 3 should be flashed only when you are on Beta 2

Just download by clicking the link rename it to update.zip and flash it either through recovery or by using ADB.

If you don't want to download using OTA link, rename etc our good friend @kangi26 has uploaded the beta versions along with the instructions to flash here in the post 3 of his thread along with many other firmwares.

Fair warning flashing through recovery or ADB may wipe your device.
    To avoid Wipe (ATT users on U1 firmware) do the following: (Thanks @DevVorteX
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. Replace IMEI with your IMEI number which you can copy from settings
      2. This brings up service menu
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.

Beta registrations are closed for now as it's full.
    Just read the 4th beta is out! Can't wait for the download link!
    Please do let us know how that goes even though it's very likely you will end up with wipe but there can always be surprises.
    @androidloveRs3104 any update from you ?
    It worked!!!

Before I used adb to sideload beta3, I used that *#272*IMEI# menu thing to go to XAA/XAA/ATT. I rebooted to recovery and did the sideload and my phone just booted up without wiping.

So the full steps:
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. obviously replace IMEI with your IMEI
      2. This brings up the secret menu thing
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.
    Also in my defense, I never read those adb sideload instructions because I already "knew" how to do it from past experience. I'm just happy this was pretty simple to avoid a full wipe.

Edit: Just so you know, I got so excited to test this, I almost forgot the whole XAA swap thing and was already installing the zip in recovery. I had to ctrl+c the dos window on my computer to stop it. Then it warned me that my system partition could be broken. I powered through and rebooted and luckily it hadn't actually done the update yet. So I'm glad I stopped it in time and was able to confirm that it does work.
    I was able to download the .bin file, Will try to get a flash (or will wait until I get the beta sign up option)
    For those having trouble downloading it, just copy and paste the link into ADM

@warriorvibhu thanks man! Much appreciated
    So it took about 5-10 min to update, and it DOES wipe. But looks good so far, setting up now. I suspect that without signing up for the Beta, it MAY not get updates. It's been a LONG time since I've run a beta and it's hard to remember