• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

One UI4 Beta 1, 2 & 3- US - OTA update link (N986U1 only)

Search This thread

hayabusa1300cc

Jun 8, 2007
HOUSTON TEXAS
www.facebook.com
Of course Venom0642 beat me lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-071743_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-071743_Software update.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 53

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
If anyone can get the bin file and post here we be able to install beta 3, If not soon someone will post beta 3.
I've searched and search with no good results. Does anyone know if there's a way to trick an ATT device into NOT wiping my data when I sideload?

I'm pretty sure true unlocked phones don't do this, and it's something with the way ATT does their thing. It wiped going to beta 1, and beta 2. I was kind of hoping by now I'd officially be on the beta program, but that doesn't seem likely. I just don't want to have to set up my watch and samsung pay again, lol.

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
I've searched and search with no good results. Does anyone know if there's a way to trick an ATT device into NOT wiping my data when I sideload?

I'm pretty sure true unlocked phones don't do this, and it's something with the way ATT does their thing. It wiped going to beta 1, and beta 2. I was kind of hoping by now I'd officially be on the beta program, but that doesn't seem likely. I just don't want to have to set up my watch and samsung pay again, lol.
Oh my. We are in the same exact boat. I am so hopeful that they will open up the program so that I can just process the update like normal and not wipe my device.

I don't even want to change my samsung account on the phone because I would have to redo Samsung Pay and my watch. Although the watch isn't horrible, but samsung pay is the worst.

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
Oh my. We are in the same exact boat. I am so hopeful that they will open up the program so that I can just process the update like normal and not wipe my device.

I don't even want to change my samsung account on the phone because I would have to redo Samsung Pay and my watch. Although the watch isn't horrible, but samsung pay is the worst.
haha, yeah. I was going to try my other samsung account too, but samsung pay sux to set back up. I asked their support, and they claim the beta is closed.

Last time they told me the final release was already out, so I don't believe them much.

I'm on a chat with them now trying to see if they can force my account into the beta somehow.

Edit: ugh, they want me to call into the media support team. I was ok stretching the truth on a chat, but over the phone, I don't know if I can do it.

I was playing dumb, like I was on the beta, but somehow got kicked off. If I have to call....maybe a wipe is better, haha

Last edited:

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
haha, yeah. I was going to try my other samsung account too, but samsung pay sux to set back up. I asked their support, and they claim the beta is closed.

Last time they told me the final release was already out, so I don't believe them much.

I'm on a chat with them now trying to see if they can force my account into the beta somehow.
My credit card requires that I take pictures of the front and back of my license when verifying the card. For some reason the NFC isnt working. And getting a clear enough picture is a pita. So I really don't want to wipe or change samsung accounts on the device.

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10

Have you both tried using ADB method to update instead Of using update from SD in recovery.
Somehow everytime I have done ADB method, it never wiped my phone. I do have posted instructions earlier on my oneui 3 beta post.

warriorvibhu

Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Those who are already on Beta (any beta 1, 2 or 3) who have not been able to sign up for Beta program::

Try opening Samsung members app. I will show something like welcome to beta >>> tap on gear icon on top right and then tap OneUI beta program status. See if you can sign up from there.

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Those who are already on Beta (any beta 1, 2 or 3) who have not been able to sign up for Beta program::

Try opening Samsung members app. I will show something like welcome to beta >>> tap on gear icon on top right and then tap OneUI beta program status. See if you can sign up from there.
I get the same popup box as when I choose "Beta Feedback"....features aren't available because you didnt join the one ui program.

• Sad
Reactions: warriorvibhu
Have you both tried using ADB method to update instead Of using update from SD in recovery.
Somehow everytime I have done ADB method, it never wiped my phone. I do have posted instructions earlier on my oneui 3 beta post.
Same here. I think the only wipe is the initial update to beta, since it HAS to start over for a proper beta (which is why it's also a full firmware in size). It looks like the delta updates (aka beta 2 and beta 3) do not require that and are only a few hundred megs. Watching the adb sideload, they only patch "system" partitions (system/vendor/product/modem/boot/etc) not "user" partitions.

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
I've used the adb method for both beta 1 and 2. I think it's because my phone is and ATT model. The update script does not contain a wipe command, it's afterwards it just auto-runs.

I think there's a way if you're fast enough to turn off the phone before it can wipe, but I'm too scared to try

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
I've used the adb method for both beta 1 and 2. I think it's because my phone is and ATT model. The update script does not contain a wipe command, it's afterwards it just auto-runs.

I think there's a way if you're fast enough to turn off the phone before it can wipe, but I'm too scared to try
I just did it by adb. It went through the process and at the end it says something like installing or patching through ADB complete. then a half second or second later it says wipe /data.

So my guess is, you want to power off just after it says it is complete and you might get it before the wipe. But you are correct, on ATT device even through ADB it will wipe the device.

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
I just did it by adb. It went through the process and at the end it says something like installing or patching through ADB complete. then a half second or second later it says wipe /data.

So my guess is, you want to power off just after it says it is complete and you might get it before the wipe. But you are correct, on ATT device even through ADB it will wipe the device.
Yup, on an old device, maybe the s8 or s9, the process was slow, so you could time it right and shut down before the wipe. The note 20 ultra is too fast so I'm scared I'd shutdown mid-wipe and brick the phone

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Yup, on an old device, maybe the s8 or s9, the process was slow, so you could time it right and shut down before the wipe. The note 20 ultra is too fast so I'm scared I'd shutdown mid-wipe and brick the phone
Ugh, I missed this in the OP of the adb instructions....

******** UPDATE - It seems ATT devices are getting wiped now if its CSC or the Sim remains to be tested.
i don't have ATT hence cant verify but in case you have an Unlocked device (N986U1) with ATT sim, then, removing sim and Changing the CSC to XAA/XAA/XAA before sideloading Beta is advisable.

I would have at least pulled the sim to see if that helped.

warriorvibhu

Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Ugh, I missed this in the OP of the adb instructions....

******** UPDATE - It seems ATT devices are getting wiped now if its CSC or the Sim remains to be tested.
i don't have ATT hence cant verify but in case you have an Unlocked device (N986U1) with ATT sim, then, removing sim and Changing the CSC to XAA/XAA/XAA before sideloading Beta is advisable.

I would have at least pulled the sim to see if that helped.
See guys sometimes even I forget the instructions, good catch, that's why it's advisable to read the whole post. Let us all know if that works.

This would work on Unlocked U1 devices with ATT sim if sim is removed then use the dial pad code method to change CsC to Xaa/xaa/xaa and then sideload beta ...let the phone boot Restart once more and then insert ATT sim.

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
See guys sometimes even I forget the instructions, good catch, that's why it's advisable to read the whole post. Let us all know if that works.

This would work on Unlocked U1 devices with ATT sim if sim is removed then use the dial pad code method to change CsC to Xaa/xaa/xaa and then sideload beta ...let the phone boot Restart once more and then insert ATT sim.
Too late for me it already wiped my device. Maybe someone else will try.

Reactions: warriorvibhu

androidloveRs3104

Sep 4, 2016
I like to be sure that n986u1 xaa/xaa/xaa is not getting wiped. and to avoid this wipe which method is advisible adb or recovery. can anybody confirm. thanks.
my phone is unlocked n986u1 without any us sim. CSC xaa/xaa/xaa.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is beta 4 available for download? I had to flash because I didn't get into the beta in time
    And since Android 12 has gone live for some of the carriers, I'd suspect there wont be a beta 4. My bet is it'll move to stable and get released very soon
    The official firmware is up for grabs in Frija

sm-n986u1 csc xaa
    I don't think being on the Beta will get you OTA, I THINK you need to be on a stock firmware release (it's what I remember from the Note 8 and 10). If someone that was on Beta and got the OTA, please correct me if I'm wrong
    I was on the official beta for one ui 3 a year ago, and there was an OTA directly from the final beta to the official release. No need to odin if you were 100% registered for the beta and on the latest.
    Where are the files?
    Also is this for the US version
    Can someone upload offical firmware to gdrive or another service? Please 🙏 🙏

Post #3
    Folks - Please do read carefully
    One UI 4 Beta is live for Note 20 Ultra in US (Unlocked devices)
    This Beta is for SM-N986U1 only

Open up the Samsung members app it will show if there is an update available. Update the app.
    After update see the top banners as in my screenshot. Tap on that and sign up for Beta. In case you don't get the sign up banner, see below.

Beta 1 - I was able to capture One UI4 Beta 1 OTA link
    Beta 2 - This enables esim on U1 (Unlocked) -
    One UI4 Beta 2 OTA link
    Beta 3 -
    One UI4 Beta 3 OTA link

Google pay is not working on Beta 1, 2 and 3.

Pre-requisite - To flash Beta 1 you need to be on firmware N986U1UES2DUJ7
    Beta 2 should only be flashed after you are on Beta 1
    Beta 3 should be flashed only when you are on Beta 2

Just download by clicking the link rename it to update.zip and flash it either through recovery or by using ADB.

If you don't want to download using OTA link, rename etc our good friend @kangi26 has uploaded the beta versions along with the instructions to flash here in the post 3 of his thread along with many other firmwares.

Fair warning flashing through recovery or ADB may wipe your device.
    To avoid Wipe (ATT users on U1 firmware) do the following: (Thanks @DevVorteX
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. Replace IMEI with your IMEI number which you can copy from settings
      2. This brings up service menu
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.

Beta registrations are closed for now as it's full.
    Just read the 4th beta is out! Can't wait for the download link!
    Please do let us know how that goes even though it's very likely you will end up with wipe but there can always be surprises.
    @androidloveRs3104 any update from you ?
    It worked!!!

Before I used adb to sideload beta3, I used that *#272*IMEI# menu thing to go to XAA/XAA/ATT. I rebooted to recovery and did the sideload and my phone just booted up without wiping.

So the full steps:
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. obviously replace IMEI with your IMEI
      2. This brings up the secret menu thing
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.
    Also in my defense, I never read those adb sideload instructions because I already "knew" how to do it from past experience. I'm just happy this was pretty simple to avoid a full wipe.

Edit: Just so you know, I got so excited to test this, I almost forgot the whole XAA swap thing and was already installing the zip in recovery. I had to ctrl+c the dos window on my computer to stop it. Then it warned me that my system partition could be broken. I powered through and rebooted and luckily it hadn't actually done the update yet. So I'm glad I stopped it in time and was able to confirm that it does work.
    I was able to download the .bin file, Will try to get a flash (or will wait until I get the beta sign up option)
    For those having trouble downloading it, just copy and paste the link into ADM

@warriorvibhu thanks man! Much appreciated
    So it took about 5-10 min to update, and it DOES wipe. But looks good so far, setting up now. I suspect that without signing up for the Beta, it MAY not get updates. It's been a LONG time since I've run a beta and it's hard to remember