One UI4 Beta 1, 2 & 3- US - OTA update link (N986U1 only)

Search This thread

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Yes, with beta 2 installed.

This is the second device with this issue. I sent my first device for screen replacement and had same issue after I received it, as part of screen fix they also changed few other parts due to extensive damage. I was using eSim with TMobile firmware before screen replacement. Contacted Samsung with this issue and sent the device back for repair. Got the device back with same issue. Contacted Samsung again and this time they said they will send me a replacement new device which I received yesterday and this device has the same issue. Contacted Samsung and they issued a shipping label for repair again. Strange for this supposedly new device to have what seems like a hardware issue.
Was it like this out of the box or only after you started flashing stuff?

dadmi

Ever consider it might be something you're doing? Others here have flashed on TMobile and not had an issue. Odin version? Method of getting yourself to the unlocked firmware first done correctly?
My model is U1. I had flashed TMobile firmware before to get eSim with no issues. I first flashed TMobile firmware, when this didn't work, flashed back to U1 and tried beta firmware on the first device. On my second device I tried beta firmware first and then tried TMobile firmware and had the same issue. On both firmwares, once Sim manager is opened, data on physical SIM stops working and default APN is not selected. Even selecting APN didn't enable data. Reboot also didn't help. Once factory restored, it works. As soon as I open Sim manager same issue. Let's see what the repair technician finds this time. I included screenshots of the issue in the box this time.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
My model is U1. I had flashed TMobile firmware before to get eSim with no issues. I first flashed TMobile firmware, when this didn't work, flashed back to U1 and tried beta firmware on the first device. On my second device I tried beta firmware first and then tried TMobile firmware and had the same issue. On both firmwares, once Sim manager is opened, data on physical SIM stops working and default APN is not selected. Even selecting APN didn't enable data. Reboot also didn't help. Once factory restored, it works. As soon as I open Sim manager same issue. Let's see what the repair technician finds this time. I included screenshots of the issue in the box this time.
Had you tried to manually change your CSC? Because if you don't manager to trigger that via flash or manually you likely would leave yourself in limbo like this.

Reactions: Venom0642

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks - Please do read carefully
    One UI 4 Beta is live for Note 20 Ultra in US (Unlocked devices)
    This Beta is for SM-N986U1 only

Open up the Samsung members app it will show if there is an update available. Update the app.
    After update see the top banners as in my screenshot. Tap on that and sign up for Beta. In case you don't get the sign up banner, see below.

Beta 1 - I was able to capture One UI4 Beta 1 OTA link
    Beta 2 - This enables esim on U1 (Unlocked) -
    One UI4 Beta 2 OTA link
    Beta 3 -
    One UI4 Beta 3 OTA link

Google pay is not working on Beta 1, 2 and 3.

Pre-requisite - To flash Beta 1 you need to be on firmware N986U1UES2DUJ7
    Beta 2 should only be flashed after you are on Beta 1
    Beta 3 should be flashed only when you are on Beta 2

Just download by clicking the link rename it to update.zip and flash it either through recovery or by using ADB.

If you don't want to download using OTA link, rename etc our good friend @kangi26 has uploaded the beta versions along with the instructions to flash here in the post 3 of his thread along with many other firmwares.

Fair warning flashing through recovery or ADB may wipe your device.
    To avoid Wipe (ATT users on U1 firmware) do the following: (Thanks @DevVorteX
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. Replace IMEI with your IMEI number which you can copy from settings
      2. This brings up service menu
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.

Beta registrations are closed for now as it's full.
    Just read the 4th beta is out! Can't wait for the download link!
    Please do let us know how that goes even though it's very likely you will end up with wipe but there can always be surprises.
    @androidloveRs3104 any update from you ?
    It worked!!!

Before I used adb to sideload beta3, I used that *#272*IMEI# menu thing to go to XAA/XAA/ATT. I rebooted to recovery and did the sideload and my phone just booted up without wiping.

So the full steps:
    1. Remove SIM
    2. open phone app, dial *#272*IMEI#
      1. obviously replace IMEI with your IMEI
      2. This brings up the secret menu thing
        1. Select XAA
        2. Click Install
        3. Select "Sales&Network Code Change"
        4. Hit the "OK" button
      3. Your phone will restart
        1. When it came back up, I checked in software info and it was XAA/XAA/ATT,XAA (whatever that means)
      4. Reboot to recovery
      5. Sideload the beta via adb
        1. Let it do it's thing and reboot (keep sim out the whole time)
      6. When it boots up, you're good to go
      7. Put the SIM back in, and it'll prompt you to reboot
      8. That's it. No more wipes.
    Also in my defense, I never read those adb sideload instructions because I already "knew" how to do it from past experience. I'm just happy this was pretty simple to avoid a full wipe.

Edit: Just so you know, I got so excited to test this, I almost forgot the whole XAA swap thing and was already installing the zip in recovery. I had to ctrl+c the dos window on my computer to stop it. Then it warned me that my system partition could be broken. I powered through and rebooted and luckily it hadn't actually done the update yet. So I'm glad I stopped it in time and was able to confirm that it does work.
    I was able to download the .bin file, Will try to get a flash (or will wait until I get the beta sign up option)
    For those having trouble downloading it, just copy and paste the link into ADM

@warriorvibhu thanks man! Much appreciated
    So it took about 5-10 min to update, and it DOES wipe. But looks good so far, setting up now. I suspect that without signing up for the Beta, it MAY not get updates. It's been a LONG time since I've run a beta and it's hard to remember