Question OnePlus 10 Pro 512gb - Panda White

Search This thread

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I have purchased this device from Wonda Mobile.

The customer service person has told me the original phone model is a Chinese NE2210. It will be flashed with NE2213 or NE2215 depending on region (I am from the UK so most likely NE2213?).

I was also told that the bootloader will be locked, payment app will work and the device will continue to receive updates.

My question, are the above true as far as you are aware?

Is it possible to flash a different region and leave the bootloader locked?

If it is possible to have the bootloader locked, I assume payments apps will work then?

Will the device continue to receive OTA updates if changed from NE2210 to NE2213 or NE2215?

Any possible issues I should be aware of?

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Thanks dzontra83. I used to be good at these things in the the golden days of modding our OnePlus phones and installing custom ROMS.

I read somewhere that you had to unlock your bootloader to change from NE2210 to NE2213 or NE2215. This is why I was a bit confused as to how the bootloader will come locked.

Feeling a bit more reassured that you have the same device with OxygenOS flashed.

Can I ask what region you are from as you have NE2215. I am led to believe NE2213 is for Europe?

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro

The customer service person has told me the original phone model is a Chinese NE2210. It will be flashed with NE2213 or NE2215 depending on region (I am from the UK so most likely NE2213?).

I was also told that the bootloader will be locked, payment app will work and the device will continue to receive updates.

If it is possible to have the bootloader locked, I assume payments apps will work then?

Will the device continue to receive OTA updates if changed from NE2210 to NE2213 or NE2215?

My advice would be to get the NE2213 and avoid the chinese variants.

Sooner or later you'll hit a snag..

More to the point, I wouldn't buy this phone if I knew then what I know now.

Reactions: null0seven

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Thanks, exactly what problems did you experience that has put you off? I am getting it as it is under £700 for a 12gb/512gb.
I have not and would not buy a device out of region.. Reason being is because there are quite a few things that could go wrong..

Main one is warranty, and for what? So you can save a few pennies, that's a penny wise and pound foolish decision.

What will happen when OnePlus "fix" your device if it goes wrong? You'll end up back on the Chinese firmware.

Are the basebands the same? Will it work when 13 is released? Is preformance the same?

Each to their own, but i just wouldn't risk saving a small amount of money for the potential problems they may arise.

Look at the threads created by poor souls who attempted to save money.

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxys and Prant

Olao99

Feb 8, 2011
I'm considering doing exactly this. I want a 512GB phone and the only option is the CN white panda. Can't do it otherwise. Was hoping for the 10T to offer 512GB but it ended up not (also is a downgrade in many areas)

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I'm considering doing exactly this. I want a 512GB phone and the only option is the CN white panda. Can't do it otherwise. Was hoping for the 10T to offer 512GB but it ended up not (also is a downgrade in many areas)
Received delivery, transferring everything (apps + data) over from the current phone.

It was flashed to NE2215, not sure if this is correct for UK.

Hopefully it will receive OTA update. It came with Feb 22 security patch. It is updating to Jun 22 security patch.

Phone looks great though.

Last edited:

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-06-13-32-35-92_1416f938ee57ce661c832da32616b710.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-06-13-32-35-92_1416f938ee57ce661c832da32616b710.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 49

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks, exactly what problems did you experience that has put you off? I am getting it as it is under £700 for a 12gb/512gb.
    I have not and would not buy a device out of region.. Reason being is because there are quite a few things that could go wrong..

Main one is warranty, and for what? So you can save a few pennies, that's a penny wise and pound foolish decision.

What will happen when OnePlus "fix" your device if it goes wrong? You'll end up back on the Chinese firmware.

Are the basebands the same? Will it work when 13 is released? Is preformance the same?

Each to their own, but i just wouldn't risk saving a small amount of money for the potential problems they may arise.

Look at the threads created by poor souls who attempted to save money.
    I purchased the same device, originally NE2210, it was unpacked and flashed to NE2215 by the seller. The bootloader is locked, updates work normally, everything works great...

My advice would be to get the NE2213 and avoid the chinese variants.

Sooner or later you'll hit a snag..

More to the point, I wouldn't buy this phone if I knew then what I know now.