How To Guide OnePlus 10 Pro Fastboot ROMs (and how to make for any device)

Search This thread

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
This is exactly what I was afraid was going to start happening. People should use Fastboot Enhance instead of fastboot scripts because it's already booted into fastbootd!
Dude. STOP TROLLING MY THREADS!!! Anyone who has ever booted into fastbootd knows that it waits for the device and the script won't be able to continue without it. Everything below it FAILS because it wasn't booted into fastbootd and NOTHING was flashed. This is so easy to show...

Attachments

• simple.png
    simple.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 55

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Dude. STOP TROLLING MY THREADS!!! Anyone who has ever booted into fastbootd knows that it waits for the device and the script won't be able to continue without it. Everything below it FAILS because it wasn't booted into fastbootd and NOTHING was flashed. This is so easy to show...
I'm not trolling. The fact is that this wouldn't have happened with Fastboot Enhance because it starts and finishes with fastbootd. It doesn't need to reboot during the process which is the point when things go south with fastboot scripts. Exactly what I was concerned was going to happen has happened, I point it out, and now I'm trolling? I should have dropped a post about it here too to begin with when I saw you posted it on both forums and I would have saved this person but I was trying to be respectful of your wish not to be negative in your thread. My only intent was to save people from bricking their phones, that's quite different from a troll.

Reactions: Prant

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
I'm not trolling. The fact is that this wouldn't have happened with Fastboot Enhance because it starts and finishes with fastbootd. It doesn't need to reboot during the process which is the point when things go south with fastboot scripts. Exactly what I was concerned was going to happen has happened, I point it out, and now I'm trolling? I should have dropped a post about it here too to begin with when I saw you posted it on both forums and I would have saved this person but I was trying to be respectful of your wish not to be negative in your thread. My only intent was to save people from bricking their phones, that's quite different from a troll.
The point is that the script is NOT the reason he bricked. NOTHING flashed after the first failure. He doesn't show that in his screenshot does he? He shows the end, but not the beginning of the failures.

While you want to praise FBE all day and night, the fact is that it can hard brick a device because it doesn't remove the -cow files before flashing. You keep failing to mentioning that.

GarnetSunset

Dec 14, 2014
fastboot enhanced did *not* get me into fastbootd

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
Here is the beginning of errors sent by someone else. Notice it errors out. NO FLASHING IS DONE. Brick is NOT caused by the script.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: spevil07

Top Liked Posts