How To Guide OnePlus 10 Pro Fastboot ROMs (and how to make for any device)

Search This thread

tap77

May 12, 2012
Oslo
Hi,

So you're saying that its ok to have the phone in bootloader mode and start the install bat?
The reason i'm wondering is because of the header in this post:

"WARNING: Most of this script runs in fastbootd. Ensure that your device can get into this mode BEFORE running it"

I did a lot of manual fastboot flashing back in the nexus days, but after i changed to oneplus i have been spoiled with msm tool and missed changes in fastboot development and since there's no MSM tool for oneplus 10 pro I'm forced to start learning fastboot again.

You're saying that regular fastboot is sufficient for this install script/operation. So the good old regular faastboot is still present? I thought fastbootd had taken over

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Hi,

So you're saying that its ok to have the phone in bootloader mode and start the install bat?
The reason i'm wondering is because of the header in this post:

"WARNING: Most of this script runs in fastbootd. Ensure that your device can get into this mode BEFORE running it"

I did a lot of manual fastboot flashing back in the nexus days, but after i changed to oneplus i have been spoiled with msm tool and missed changes in fastboot development and since there's no MSM tool for oneplus 10 pro I'm forced to start learning fastboot again.

You're saying that regular fastboot is sufficient for this install script/operation. So the good old regular faastboot is still present? I thought fastboot had taken over
I've not done it but in all honesty I've been able to flash images in fastboot.

If the guide suggested being in fastbootd then boot to fastbootd

Reactions: tap77

tap77

May 12, 2012
Oslo
No worries man 👍🏻 good luck.

If all else fails you've always got recovery or if so else fails then OnePlus support can MSM your device.

Thanks.

My device isn't actually bricked, i just like to have a backup plan in case i root my phone and f**k up something that leads to a soft brick :p

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Do you know of anywhere I can get A10 for Global to flash those? :O
drivers:
Make sure you install the fastboot drivers that i have in the folder.

you need an unlocked bootloader to use this.
also, you need to be in bootloader vice fastboot to run the script.

Ph0nysk1nk

Jul 28, 2016
I don't get it. What incentive does oneplus (or Qualcomm) have to lock down the Msm so hard? Is it for financial reasons? Do they not want us to fix our devices ourselves?

Seems pretty ridiculous

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I don't get it. What incentive does oneplus (or Qualcomm) have to lock down the Msm so hard? Is it for financial reasons? Do they not want us to fix our devices ourselves?

Seems pretty ridiculous
Since there are tools like Oppo Decrypter available, it is technically possible to make a malware MSM Tool and then re-encrypt it and flash it to someone's phone, bypassing every bit of phone security in the process since it will be technically signed by OnePlus. Most of what we do with our phones are huge security risks which are acceptable to us but aren't acceptable to corporations.

dna1982

Mar 12, 2011
Can I use this to convert NE2210(Chinese version with ColorOS) to OxygenOS?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts