Question OnePlus 10 Pro (NE2215) Extremely Slow Charging

Search This thread

swanryan81

Dec 7, 2010
I have tried a data and power delivery splitter. It works great for connecting my car to my phone but it still charges about 50mah and an hour drive results in no percentage change. I even plugged the 65watt oem charger and cable to an extension cord in my garage to the power delivery splitter port and my car to the data side. Android auto comes up but still charging extremely slooow... I am convinced they are doing something with the software on this phone to limit charging delivery power when connected to a car.

Rxlhsye67

Apr 14, 2022
Are you referring to slow wireless charging or slow charging in general.
My wireless charging is slow as ****. I have a 50w Xiaomi charger which only charges as 800mah
Slow charging anytime I use anything that is not the charger that came in the box.

I second the wireless charging, it's horrible. Also, as others have stated, it's not possible to use that charger in some situations like driving.

Rxlhsye67

Apr 14, 2022
I have tried a data and power delivery splitter. It works great for connecting my car to my phone but it still charges about 50mah and an hour drive results in no percentage change. I even plugged the 65watt oem charger and cable to an extension cord in my garage to the power delivery splitter port and my car to the data side. Android auto comes up but still charging extremely slooow... I am convinced they are doing something with the software on this phone to limit charging delivery power when connected to a car.
I didn't want to think this at first, but as I have eliminated more and more options it seems very likely.

I have used a volt meter and various apps to verify the power getting to my device. I have also sent my device into the OnePlus service center where they claim to have replaced some hardware components. This leaves software. I've tried some old tricks with the ACC magisk module, but maybe OnePlus has gone out of the way to prevent these from working. Very disappointing.

swanryan81

Dec 7, 2010
I didn't want to think this at first, but as I have eliminated more and more options it seems very likely.

I have used a volt meter and various apps to verify the power getting to my device. I have also sent my device into the OnePlus service center where they claim to have replaced some hardware components. This leaves software. I've tried some old tricks with the ACC magisk module, but maybe OnePlus has gone out of the way to prevent these from working. Very disappointing.
I am going to experiment with some PD protocol car charging devices and will update with my findings.

Reactions: Rxlhsye67

Cherepoff

Apr 3, 2015
Everything is exactly the same for me. There is oneplus 8 pro, it works perfectly on three types of wireless charging, 30W at work, 10W in the car and 5W at night at home. With oneplus 10 pro, none of them works, they give all the same 250mA.. And this is terribly annoying, and will be the reason for its sale.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Chargers I've used that do rapid or a healthy speed at least.

Original 10 pro charger and cable.
Sammy S20 ultra charger.
Apple Mac M1 charger

Few others are just abysmal, strangely the 80watt warp charger is extremely slow on the Sammy ultra, I think OEMs just love to block features, isn't exactly a new thing either, if anyone remembers the days prior to USB-C or micro/mini USB, it was a 💩 time for sure.

Sony even used to do it to themselves..

Does OnePlus offer a car charger themselves? How does that perform?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me, the OnePlus charger is faster than a speeding bullet 🚅,🏎️🚀🐇📱😁etc....
    Go buy the oneplus wireless charger
    I do not use the OnePlus warp charger
    That's probably why
    You've already answered your own question mate .

The OnePlus charger is excellent, 30 mins and you're done.

If it has to be wireless then stay on brand
    For me, the OnePlus charger is faster than a speeding bullet 🚅,🏎️🚀🐇📱😁etc....
    It's mental. Love it
    Apologies for not explaining this correctly.

I am not here to debate or complain that I am seeing slower speeds using a non-OnePlus charger.
    I am here to ask if anyone else is seeing slow charging speeds on this device when compared to another device.

My OnePlus 10 Pro is charging almost 4x slower than my OnePlus 8 Pro with identical charging situations: charger, cable, power block.

According to Ampere, my OnePlus 10 Pro is charging at 220mA while my OnePlus 8 Pro on the exact same charger is charging at 820mA.

What would be causing this?
    This must be some sort of hardware or software issue.

I am trying to avoid doing a full factory reset, but I cannot come up with any other ideas or things to try.