Question Oneplus 10 Pro stuck in Bootloop

Search This thread

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
So I restarted my phone today and it just entered an infinite boot loop. Not sure what happened but that's all it's doing whenever I turn it on. I can enter the bootloader but other than that nothing is working. I noticed the bootloader and baseband are empty as well.

I wish this phone had an unbrick tool like the oneplus 7 devices but I don't know. I guess I may just have a brick until someone shakes.

PXL_20220823_110031528.jpg

twinnfamous

May 31, 2012
sacramento
So I restarted my phone today and it just entered an infinite boot loop. Not sure what happened but that's all it's doing whenever I turn it on. I can enter the bootloader but other than that nothing is working. I noticed the bootloader and baseband are empty as well.

I wish this phone had an unbrick tool like the oneplus 7 devices but I don't know. I guess I may just have a brick until someone shakes.

View attachment 5694575
Are you rooted? Can you get in recovery? What model number?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
You may have booted a patched yet not made it permanent so when you rebooted you lost it.

If that rings a bell then just boot a patched boot image. Not flash.. once you're booted and in the system just open magisk and click direct install..

Reboot and it should be permanent.

Beyond that you can go to recovery or fastboot to get back in business although you'll lose your data

Reactions: biglo

unsafe8989

May 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S4
OnePlus 6T
My phone did this once when I accidentally changed A/B partition, try switching partition via fastboot

Do the following

fastboot getvar all

then you'll get somewhere the following

(bootloader) current-slot:A or B

then you should be able to do either

fastboot set_active other

or either

fastboot set_active a

fastboot set_active b

Reactions: dlads

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
My phone did this once when I accidentally changed A/B partition, try switching partition via fastboot

Do the following

fastboot getvar all

or either

fastboot set_active a

fastboot set_active b
I tried switching slots the other day, it gave me the same results.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Is this still ongoing?? Lol that's insanity.

The reason you cannot boot is 100% your boot image.

So either boot or flash a boot image (stock or patched)

If you'd like to reflash your whole phone then click on vol up and then recovery.

If you're looking for a tool then grab fastboot enhance, whilst in fastboot use it to remove the cow files, search for them, once that's done, flash a payload.bin and this will reload your whole OS.

There are guides for everything I've mentioned above, just search.

Reactions: *-MaCK-*

*-MaCK-*

Aug 23, 2013
Is this still ongoing?? Lol that's insanity.

The reason you cannot boot is 100% your boot image.

So either boot or flash a boot image (stock or patched)

If you'd like to reflash your whole phone then click on vol up and then recovery.

If you're looking for a tool then grab fastboot enhance, whilst in fastboot use it to remove the cow files, search for them, once that's done, flash a payload.bin and this will reload your whole OS.

There are guides for everything I've mentioned above, just search.
Hi,

I have the same problem. Never used the phone. Just to install Magisk and edit the payload.bin file. When I installed the new boot file via Fastboot it went wrong.

Tried everything but can't get the phone out of the loop. I don't have a recovery function!

You indicate that there are manuals for existing solutions everywhere. Do you have the links for me? Not very good at finding this.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hi,

I have the same problem. Never used the phone. Just to install Magisk and edit the payload.bin file. When I installed the new boot file via Fastboot it went wrong.

Tried everything but can't get the phone out of the loop. I don't have a recovery function!

You indicate that there are manuals for existing solutions everywhere. Do you have the links for me? Not very good at finding this.
Doesn't help that the forums went through a crap update that broke the sections.

That being said, you're looking for a guide so that's your key word.

There's a good few of them, the screen shot is taken from the main OnePlus 10 pro forum section, I can see two. Mine and the 2215 one.

Also when you say 'installed' I hope you meant boot and not flash, booting is risk free.. Read my thread and it'll make sense.

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_085500.jpg
    IMG_20221104_085500.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 34

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Doesn't help that the forums went through a crap update that broke the sections.

That being said, you're looking for a guide so that's your key word.

There's a good few of them, the screen shot is taken from the main OnePlus 10 pro forum section, I can see two. Mine and the 2215 one.

Also when you say 'installed' I hope you meant boot and not flash, booting is risk free.. Read my thread and it'll make sense.
    Yes, I tried both options without success.
    That's not good usually one or the other fixes it. Only thing I can think of is flashing all images in fastboot. But try vendor_boot first
    When this happened to me on my OP6 when I had it and when I couldn't recover it with MSM tools or boot.img, I decided it is motherboard failure.

But I would try fastboot ROM if I were you. If it doesn't help, I will send it to the service center.
    You may have booted a patched yet not made it permanent so when you rebooted you lost it.

If that rings a bell then just boot a patched boot image. Not flash.. once you're booted and in the system just open magisk and click direct install..

Reboot and it should be permanent.

Beyond that you can go to recovery or fastboot to get back in business although you'll lose your data

Do the following

fastboot getvar all

or either

fastboot set_active a

fastboot set_active b