Question Oneplus 10T assistance

Search This thread

beeftestosterone

Sep 27, 2022
um? uh?? eh???
Hi! I just bought the Oneplus 10T 5G, and its inability to maintain a 120 refresh rate is annoying, because it throttles to 60 the second I switch to certain apps. I'm also experiencing a bit of lag with some games I had no issues running on my previous phone (Xiaomi 11 LITE 5G NE), so is there anything I should do for a consistent boost in performance? I have high performance on via the battery settings, but is there anything else that I can do just to make the performance better?

Reactions: wei ooi

qn1ck

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
I found just one way to lock screen at 120Hz and it requires root. Run these commands using adb shell or terminal emulator:
Code:
su
service call SurfaceFlinger 1035 i32 0

Last edited:
Reactions: abdouyakuzataleb

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
If you don't want to root, download SetEdit from the Play Store. Look for peak_refresh_rate. If it's there, change it to 59.9. If it's not, add peak_refresh_rate and set it at 59.9. This works on my 9 and I would assume would work for you on the 10T too. It even works on the 9 on OOS13.

I don't know how long this lasts, you will have to re-apply it at some point, definitely after a reboot, but it forces 120hz without root on all apps. See in this screenshot of YouTube (and my device doesn't have LTPO so the developer option to view the refresh rate does work properly).

Screenshot_2022-09-27-20-06-35-20_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Reactions: wei ooi

RayRay1822

Oct 14, 2022
I've tried all the apps to gain 120Hz, especially in YouTube. Blows my mind that OP allows phones to be sent out with YouTube running at 69Hz.

Anyway
Screenshot_2022-10-14-00-12-14-68_1a6e11d4004ddfdd0461b9a99e472ec1.jpg
s, download SmartHertz, then donate $1 and it'll allow you to download an official .apk for their app with NO ROOT required! You can force ANY app to run at 120Hz and more things you can do in settings. Works absolutely flawless!

If you didn't know the OnePlus 10t has a very special screen it's if I'm not mistaken the LED TDR which basically means each pixel on the phone can set its own resolution and own frame rate that's what adaptive frame rate actually refers to so you can't lock it in place, I've tried every method you can think of besides for rooting the phone which is probably the only way to do that but I'm pretty sure you're going to significantly decrease the battery life of the phone

So that FPS counter is wrong and that screenshot because one you can use that and then any other FPS app to show you your FPS and I'll show different FPS rates since the screen has multiple fps's for whatever reason the built-in system and like for instance the OnePlus gaming app will show different frame rates you're having framer issues one going to developer options turn on always GPU rendering for you to display and then go to your battery settings and turn on your performance mode now if you have a shortcut app there's a secondary performance mode it's the built-in one for Android you can flick that on too that also helps the only other thing you can do is in the OnePlus gaming app going to it and turn on high performance mode turn your screen sensitivity all the way up and the game mode performance all the way up you won't be able to mess with the FPS settings but you should at least be at a constant 60 or higher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! I just bought the Oneplus 10T 5G, and its inability to maintain a 120 refresh rate is annoying, because it throttles to 60 the second I switch to certain apps. I'm also experiencing a bit of lag with some games I had no issues running on my previous phone (Xiaomi 11 LITE 5G NE), so is there anything I should do for a consistent boost in performance? I have high performance on via the battery settings, but is there anything else that I can do just to make the performance better?
    I found just one way to lock screen at 120Hz and it requires root. Run these commands using adb shell or terminal emulator:
    Code:
    su
    service call SurfaceFlinger 1035 i32 0
    If you don't want to root, download SetEdit from the Play Store. Look for peak_refresh_rate. If it's there, change it to 59.9. If it's not, add peak_refresh_rate and set it at 59.9. This works on my 9 and I would assume would work for you on the 10T too. It even works on the 9 on OOS13.

I don't know how long this lasts, you will have to re-apply it at some point, definitely after a reboot, but it forces 120hz without root on all apps. See in this screenshot of YouTube (and my device doesn't have LTPO so the developer option to view the refresh rate does work properly).

Screenshot_2022-09-27-20-06-35-20_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg