For those who are worried. I waited 40 minutes for a live chat, and the 1+ team assures me (us) that we'll get our phone on the delivery date, despite the delay on the dispatch date.
I SPOKE TO DHL AND ONE PLUS, AND HERE IS WHAT'S GOING ON
- The phone is processing until OP asks DHL to pick up the package.
- When that happens, the package number is generated, and the status goes to 'Shipped out' in the One plus order system. This is NOT an accurate status!
- The package resides with OP until DHL picks it up. Status with OP will never change before you have the package at your doorstep.
- When DHL picks up the package from OP, the tracking log on DHL shows an entry (until then the DHL tracking log is empty because DHL has not laid hands on the package yet, they have only been advised that it's there for pickup).
- Once picked up, DHL is in control of the package, and their estimated delivery date is the most accurate timestamp you got.
- The DHL tracking system is where you can follow the exact movement now
- Sign up for sms or mail advertising from DHL on various changes (customs, delivery, switching etc). It's done from the tracking page.
- Someone at your address (does not have to be you) must receive the package, BE HOME!
- If you are unable, delivery instructions can be given to DHL for the package. Follow the instructions on the sms or mail messages. Options are drop off at your door, or possibly to have it put in a nearby drop off point. Or having it retried for delivery. Call your local DHL office and ask.
I am not sure why some properties wait longer than other, this does not seem to be related to PayPal vs credit card payment, or to the different configuration of the purchase (phone model, chosen extra bundles etc). It could be though, only One Plus knows.
Good evening everyone, my phone is in Poland, in DHL transit :fingers-crossed:
Sent from my NEM-L21 using XDA Labs
I followed the process below and found that a Shipping label was created with a ship date of 6/22 and coming from California. Scheduled delivery date of 6/26. Had hoped to get it tomorrow to play with it over the weekend. Now I can just enjoy the weekend outside rather than on the phone.
This worked for me:
Head to fedEx.Com.
Create an account.
Log into the DeliveryManager.
it will show up all packages sent to your address, no need for tracking ##. You will see it the moment FedEx gets electronic notification ( ahead of package delivery).
My order status showed Processing till this morning, but at noon i got a text by DHL stating my phone will be delivered tomorrow 12.00. Guess the OP site is not always accurate atm.
This is the same for me. I am in Florida and ordered minutes after the livestream. Hoping it gets updated to overnight delivery...
For those doubters who say a package can't make it across the country overnight, I've seen it happen before - it's just way more expensive. Maybe OP will decide it's worth it to keep its customers happy
wut ? Really ?
F*ck, mine still "Processing", fear the more than one week delay now.
It was pretty sure OnePlus couldn't treat all demands.
FedEx has been doing overnight deliveries between major US/Canada cities for several decades. Back in the 1980s we shipped software (on magnetic tape) that way routinely. FedEx even guaranteed delivery by 10am the next day or they'd refund the shipping charges. They could afford to do that because even then their reliability was very high. Overnight delivery seemed like magic back then. Today it's something one should take for granted from a flagship phone maker.For those doubters who say a package can't make it across the country overnight, I've seen it happen before - it's just way more expensive. Maybe OP will decide it's worth it to keep its customers happy
. Does anyone know of a way to check DHL for a package by address, no tracking number?