• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OnePlus 5 got bricked. Help.

Search This thread

SanoranS

Jan 8, 2019
I was on custom firmware till today.
Today I wanted to go back to stock Oxygen OS but 9.0.1 (latest) version of it. I deleted all my stuff from phone (full wipe + media). Transfered an OTA file to internal storage. And tried to flash it. First error that I got was somehow assosiated with compatability.zip. I have deleted it. Now I try one more time, and a have "Updater 7 error".
Tried to go back to stock OxygenOS recovery. Flashed it. Now option "Install from internal storage" doesn't work at all.
Please, help me, how do I go back to stock firmware.
Device is encrypted.

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
I was on custom firmware till today.
Today I wanted to go back to stock Oxygen OS but 9.0.1 (latest) version of it. I deleted all my stuff from phone (full wipe + media). Transfered an OTA file to internal storage. And tried to flash it. First error that I got was somehow assosiated with compatability.zip. I have deleted it. Now I try one more time, and a have "Updater 7 error".
Tried to go back to stock OxygenOS recovery. Flashed it. Now option "Install from internal storage" doesn't work at all.
Please, help me, how do I go back to stock firmware.
Device is encrypted.
First you need to backup everything cause coming from custom rom with encrypted storage you'll need a format of internal storage.

Second you need to update your device firmware cause I assume you never flashed oxygenOS 5.1.4 or higher right? If not, you can now do this with stock recovery and take ota within the rom up to 9.0.1 or download 5.1.7 and 9.0.1.

Maybe you can tell which one was your latest OxygenOS version and which custom rom you had earlier.

SanoranS

Jan 8, 2019
First you need to backup everything cause coming from custom rom with encrypted storage you'll need a format of internal storage.

Second you need to update your device firmware cause I assume you never flashed oxygenOS 5.1.4 or higher right? If not, you can now do this with stock recovery and take ota within the rom up to 9.0.1 or download 5.1.7 and 9.0.1.

Maybe you can tell which one was your latest OxygenOS version and which custom rom you had earlier.

I had OxygenOS Oreo 8.0. Then I switched to a Custom 8.1 rom.