Oneplus 5 issue with h+ network

Search This thread

_RauL_Mx_

Sep 29, 2017
Hello, i have found this post, searching this issue. I live im spain and i have this problem with my 2 companys, yoigo and movistar. My telephone was bought in china. In spain the people says that they haven't got this problem.
I have done some hard reset and the problem persist. Do someone have any idea?

Regards.

Feedmeeeee

Feb 24, 2016
Ankara
Hello, i have found this post, searching this issue. I live im spain and i have this problem with my 2 companys, yoigo and movistar. My telephone was bought in china. In spain the people says that they haven't got this problem.
I have done some hard reset and the problem persist. Do someone have any idea?

Regards.
Yes this problem kernel/ramdisk related

gohan040

May 14, 2011
Eindhoven
Noticed the same thing months ago. But because I'm 99% of the time on 4G I forgot about it. Atm I'm on holiday in Portugal and when roaming on H+ I have the same problem again. Changed the network manually to MEO 4G and the problem is gone. This is clearly a issue that OnePlus needs to resolve fast. On H+ internet is not usable right now.

Reactions: mscosta

yubdf

Oct 4, 2017
I'm experiencing the same problem as well on the oneplus 5. My carrier network is T-Mobile EE UK. The H+ data connection is very unstable & unusable. It will work for around 10 seconds and then will stop working for 1 minute. This problem occurs cobstanly in a cycle like a loop and makes internet usage on the device impossible.

I've tested my SIM on the galaxy S4, S5, nexus, Xperia and the H+ mobile data works normally without any problems and I receive fast internet.

Thinking that my device was faulty, I had my oneplus 5 replaced from the store I bought the device from because of H+ mobile data issue. I had the exact same H+ data problem with the brand new replacement device!

I believe the h+ internet problem is a hardware/software issue with the oneplus 5.

Reactions: reneftw

mscosta

Jan 14, 2005
in my case (MEO Portugal), with the new update of October 03 (4.5.11), it seems that the problem is solved ... does anyone else have this experience?

Rhoban

Jan 8, 2015
Dobra
Can anyone with a custom ROM (no custom OxygenOS ROM) confirm the problem with H+ is also present on said ROM?

If it is, then it's either a modem problem or hardware.

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
here's the solution, guys, because i was running into the same problem here in the states.
i'll start with the problem : The IMEI that gets shipped with these phones is not recognized by carriers around the world as being 4G capable, for some reason. SO, when you pop in a sim card, and the carrier tries to provision it, the carrier only recognizes that IMEI as being able to do 3G. so, that's what it sends.

The solution can be done a few ways:
1) Call your carrier (or go into the shop) and have them change the registered IMEI for your SIM to be that of a phone that CAN get 4G, or whatever the equivalent in your country is. For example, I was having a mess of a time trying to get mine to work, and had the guy in the shop change the registered IMEI (what they see) to that of a Galaxy S8 (which works here, not sure about where you are). Pop the SIM into the right slot, and it finally worked, after we wrestled with the stupid thing for 45 minutes in shop (and I spent another 30m on the phone with another technician, see below). So, the easiest way to check that is to pop the SIM out of a friend or partner's phone that does have 4G and plop it into your phone, boot it up and check. It did matter on my phone that it had to be in slot 2, for some reason. or at least the one labeled slot 2. I hope you get the picture...

2) Cut down the microSIM from your phone you were using before and just use that, unless you've already deactivated the SIM. There are instructions online. It apparently works too. I won't go into it, but I did cut mine down, but couldn't try the method because my SIM had already been deactivated (long story. I had to spend 30m on the phone with another technician after I left the store yesterday, because it still hadn't gotten 4G on my new nanoSIM, despite changing the IMEI, but that's because the idiot put the card into the wrong slot, and I'm an idiot for not noticing it.)

Any way, hope that helps clear things up.

Last edited:

Feedmeeeee

Feb 24, 2016
Ankara
here's the solution, guys, because i was running into the same problem here in the states.
i'll start with the problem : The IMEI that gets shipped with these phones is not recognized by carriers around the world as being 4G capable, for some reason. SO, when you pop in a sim card, and the carrier tries to provision it, the carrier only recognizes that IMEI as being able to do 3G. so, that's what it sends.

The solution can be done a few ways:
1) Call your carrier (or go into the shop) and have them change the registered IMEI for your SIM to be that of a phone that CAN get 4G, or whatever the equivalent in your country is. For example, I was having a mess of a time trying to get mine to work, and had the guy in the shop change the registered IMEI (what they see) to that of a Galaxy S8 (which works here, not sure about where you are). Pop the SIM into the right slot, and it finally worked, after we wrestled with the stupid thing for 45 minutes in shop (and I spent another 30m on the phone with another technician, see below). So, the easiest way to check that is to pop the SIM out of a friend or partner's phone that does have 4G and plop it into your phone, boot it up and check. It did matter on my phone that it had to be in slot 2, for some reason. or at least the one labeled slot 2. I hope you get the picture...

2) Cut down the microSIM from your phone you were using before and just use that, unless you've already deactivated the SIM. There are instructions online. It apparently works too. I won't go into it, but I did cut mine down, but couldn't try the method because my SIM had already been deactivated (long story. I had to spend 30m on the phone with another technician after I left the store yesterday, because it still hadn't gotten 4G on my new nanoSIM, despite changing the IMEI, but that's because the idiot put the card into the wrong slot, and I'm an idiot for not noticing it.)

Any way, hope that helps clear things up.
I dont know other peoples but my issue not this.. i have good 4g in my carrierr or country.. just sometimes h+ not working correctly and losing calls with h+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash news :
    Oneplus tech support has been able to replicate the issue on their own device by following the steps on my video.
    They also asked me to send them very precise logs (done). I'm waiting for their answer.
    Let's just hope they can fix it on an update.
    Hello everyone, for your information, oneplus support asked me a video of the issue. I uploaded it on youtube :
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/PoI3w2USla8

Do you have exactly the same issue or is it somewhat different?

It *seems* that they are taking the problem seriously because they want to do a "remote session" with me to caracterise the issue. I'll keep you informed
    If OP will solve the issue I can say that their support is very nice, because they have extreme respect to their users. In that case I will buy in future still from them and I will recommend their products to my friends.

Yes for the moment it's the best customer service experience I've ever had. I spoke with real software engineer that were very professional, and they actually understood the issue and guided me to gather as much information as possible.

They actually understood that I am an advanced user and asked me lot of details. It was really intellectually rewarding for me.

They reproduced the bug and they said that they are investigating the issue by comparing their logs with mine.

They updated me and said that the issue was rather complex and it would take them some time.

Although this problem should never have existed at the first place, they are doing their best to fix it.
    At this point we can be sure that the problem is in good hands, we just need to be patient.
    Hello, i m from italy and i ve problem with h+ Connection.

Before, i had an oneplus 3t and there aren t problems with mi sim operator.
    I switched with oneplus 5 and the Connection freeze in h+ for 15/30 second. Then work for 15 second and stops again. Like an infinite loop.

With 4g no problem.

This is an oneplus 5 problem, because i had the same sim and same carrier on 3t and works very well.
    4.5.8 version.

Any hint?
    Tnx
    Maybe some Good news :
    "
    We understand and I appreciate the confirmation. For this issue, we will need to forward this ticket to our Technical Support supervisor for further assistance. Rest assured that you'll get a feedback from them within 24-48 hours
    "
    -oneplus support.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone