• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T

Search This thread

zizuka

Oct 5, 2015
Who here prefer buying a OP 5 now and save a few bucks instead of a 5T? And why?

Am I the only one who prefers the 16:9 screen ratio of the OP5?

Last edited:

evilgenius94

Dec 10, 2015
Chennai
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I bought OP5 on the same day it launched and now am regretting it. Had they released 5T next year or atleast at a higher price tag than OP5 would be fair. Now we OP5 users are desparate to upgrade to OP5T. Atleast the company should've come up with buy back scheme for OP5 users to upgrade to 5T hassle free.

Atleast my OP5 is 5 months old. But what for those who bought it a couple of days or weeks before OP5T release. This is very disappointing by the Team. They ripped off 5 with 5T just like they ripped off 3 with 3T. ☹️

ipredatorv

Jul 4, 2017
Honestly, with not much having changed in regards of CPU, RAM and other performance factors, I'm not feeling the upgrade hype at all, especially since the fingerprint sensor of OP5t is on the back and the camera has not been considerably improved.

So I'm actually preferring my OP5, and think 5.5" is already almost too big for my hands. I hope by the time an actually upgraded Oneplus comes around they stick to 5" or 5.5" rather than a 6" formfactor.

Reactions: Pshemo__

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
It'd be nice to have a real camera upgrade that actually takes clearer photos like they advertise. The OP5 zoom is more useful than downsampled images.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
As far as I'm aware you can't buy the 5 no more. It's discontinued on their site.

For me the 5 is a beast, if I didn't have it then I'd buy the 5T, I believe you'll get slightly less stamina on the 5T Vs the 5 due to the battery not being too dissimilar and the screen being larger and a higher resolution, can't see the paltry increase making up the difference there.

But then again that's just my opinion based on specs and past experience with higher resolution screens.

Maybe I'm going blind lol I can't really tell the difference :silly:

joergwrage

Dec 6, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
No reason to switch from 5 to 5T

For me there is absolutely no reason to switch from 5 to 5T.

They are apart from the camera (possibly a downgrade) and a slightly larger screen the same phone. (so same same but different)

I'm annoyed that OP is artificially limiting the 5 regarding face unlock. (So it seems that it is currently just a sales point)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly, with not much having changed in regards of CPU, RAM and other performance factors, I'm not feeling the upgrade hype at all, especially since the fingerprint sensor of OP5t is on the back and the camera has not been considerably improved.

So I'm actually preferring my OP5, and think 5.5" is already almost too big for my hands. I hope by the time an actually upgraded Oneplus comes around they stick to 5" or 5.5" rather than a 6" formfactor.
    The 5T isn't a good enough upgrade for me to warrant a purchase. I'll just wait for the OnePlus 6.
    The op5/op5t camera isn't even an upgrade regarding the camera if you come from op3. In fact i think pics are worse

Im taking about rear camera, selfie camera is a bit better.