• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Oneplus 5T is regconized as Oneplus 5

Search This thread

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
I have a Oneplus 5T just from the physical design (6 in screen). However when I try to install software for Oneplus 5T. The software refuses to be install and say that my Oneplus 5T is a Oneplus 5. What is the problem? Thanks for your answer.

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
You won't brick. As long as you flash from TWRP and don't replace the recovery, you're good. Just do a backup, try to flash, if the flashing doesn't work, then restore the backup. Easypeezy.

I tried to boot twrp for Oneplus 5 and it does not work. I can only boot twrp for Oneplus 5T. So you think I can still flash the rom for Oneplus 5. The problem with me is that I just received the phone and play around with it and when I try to use the subtranium theme. The phone get boot loop. I am stupid enough to delete the system and try to install another rom without backing up the current rom since I have the stock rom for Oneplus 5T that I think I can always flash. Now I do not have an operating on my phone I have to flash any rom that will work.

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
I tried to boot twrp for Oneplus 5 and it does not work. I can only boot twrp for Oneplus 5T. So you think I can still flash the rom for Oneplus 5. The problem with me is that I just received the phone and play around with it and when I try to use the subtranium theme. The phone get boot loop. I am stupid enough to delete the system and try to install another rom without backing up the current rom since I have the stock rom for Oneplus 5T that I think I can always flash. Now I do not have an operating on my phone I have to flash any rom that will work.

When I tried to install the rom for Oneplus 5 it refuses to install because my phone is a Oneplus 5T. Now I tried to install the rom for Oneplus 5T and it installed. So I do not know what happened but I am glad that my phone is working now. Thanks for your suggestions.

Top Liked Posts