Oneplus 5T No OS, Not recognised by Windows or Linux.

Search This thread

06IPkglU2sC14V

Nov 19, 2022
There's no OS on the phone and I can't get it to be seen on Windows or Linux even with the necessary drivers installed. I have TWRP on the phone but I can't seem to get anything recognised by anything, no OTG USB adapters work neither. ADB Sideload doesn't seem to work neither. Would somebody be able to help or have any ideas?

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
If the phone turns on at all but isn't detected by the PC then that is always a driver issue. Make sure to install the correct adb, fastboot and MSM ones, here is a nice guide on how to do it.

MSM might be what you need if your device still powers on, here is a small guide to it and this is a bigger, more extensive one. I've used the 2nd one myself on my 8P and it worked like a charm. (y)

06IPkglU2sC14V

Nov 19, 2022
If the phone turns on at all but isn't detected by the PC then that is always a driver issue. Make sure to install the correct adb, fastboot and MSM ones, here is a nice guide on how to do it.

MSM might be what you need if your device still powers on, here is a small guide to it and this is a bigger, more extensive one. I've used the 2nd one myself on my 8P and it worked like a charm. (y)
The PC still fails to recognise the Phone, even after all the drivers have been installed and all applications have been installed and used too. The MsmDownloadTool fails to detect my phone too.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
The PC still fails to recognise the Phone, even after all the drivers have been installed and all applications have been installed and used too. The MsmDownloadTool fails to detect my phone too.
Then it's either fully dead or the drivers aren't installed properly. But since you said you have TWRP I'm guessing the phone does turn on ... in which case we're back to drivers.

Check your device manager for yellow exclamation marks and double check that all the drivers are installed. Other than that I really don't know 🤷‍♀️

06IPkglU2sC14V

Nov 19, 2022
Then it's either fully dead or the drivers aren't installed properly. But since you said you have TWRP I'm guessing the phone does turn on ... in which case we're back to drivers.

Check your device manager for yellow exclamation marks and double check that all the drivers are installed. Other than that I really don't know 🤷‍♀️
It's good to know that there's still hope for the phone, I'll try again tomorrow on another PC and let you know how it goes. Thank you for your time and help so far.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
It's good to know that there's still hope for the phone, I'll try again tomorrow on another PC and let you know how it goes. Thank you for your time and help so far.
Another thing to try is a different USB port (my front left one refuses to do adb commands while the front right one is fine lol) or a different cable. Some say don't use a USB 3 port, but I've had it working even with a USB 3 hub. So try every port/cable I guess.

Good luck 🤞 :)

06IPkglU2sC14V

Nov 19, 2022
The other PC hasn't worked either. I might eventually just replace the USB-C port at some point and try again but I put the phone away for now.

Thank you very much for the help and your time.

Reactions: Nimueh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The other PC hasn't worked either. I might eventually just replace the USB-C port at some point and try again but I put the phone away for now.

Thank you very much for the help and your time.