Oneplus 5T screen protector film [not glass] search

Search This thread

moneyvirus

Nov 29, 2012
Does it fit as well as the standard one from OnePlus?
Ok just received the right one they sended me the oneplus non t first.
I'm surprised it fits really well and feels very natural. Really can't say any thing about the stratch resistance but I'm way more happy with this thing on my screen than with the bubbling screen cropping temperd glasses

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk

moneyvirus

Nov 29, 2012
Please update when you get it if that protector is compatible with cases. My tempered glass I got for Christmas is cracked now and I'm tired of glass protectors. Wishing I kept the stock protector on because it fit with every case and was good quality.
I got them in house, will review later

Greetings.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk

lucpol

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 6
Gadgetshieldz Screen Protector

After several tempered glasses I was never satisfied with (Nilkin, Orzly etc...) I have just received and applied the Gadgetshieldz screen protector three hours ago.
Micro-bubbles slowly disappearing and far better experience than with the tempered glass.
So far I love it.
Pictures with and without the official red case.
Nu5fFp5.jpg

CdQ1Ibf.jpg

yn1XXaP.jpg

JKSKpIm.jpg

UH7ditR.jpg

mTU0D2j.jpg

ogayhCw.jpg

Rick_17

Sep 11, 2017
jakarta
iam use CHYI screen protector from aliexpress, and its good !! packages include 2 front film or 1 front 1 back, tools for easy instalation

sorry for my bad english

Reactions: moneyvirus

ALPHAWolf96

May 25, 2015
Los Angeles
Moto G 2015
OnePlus 5
Thanks for providing the pictures. Though i like the protection of glass screen protector but those black borders and incompatibility with cases just puts me off so I'm really interested in trying the non glass protector this time plus my pre-applied protector by OP is starting to collect some dust from the sides. Really keen on buying this one because it covers the entire screen without any notch cutouts around sensors. So, i just wanted to ask, does this protector dodges any oil prints or scratches to any extent?

Rick_17

Sep 11, 2017
jakarta
Thanks for providing the pictures. Though i like the protection of glass screen protector but those black borders and incompatibility with cases just puts me off so I'm really interested in trying the non glass protector this time plus my pre-applied protector by OP is starting to collect some dust from the sides. Really keen on buying this one because it covers the entire screen without any notch cutouts around sensors. So, i just wanted to ask, does this protector dodges any oil prints or scratches to any extent?

Yes, its fingerprint proof than pre-applied by OP and more fit with any case. Iam use offcial carbon bumper case

Sorry for my bad english

Reactions: ALPHAWolf96

ALPHAWolf96

May 25, 2015
Los Angeles
Moto G 2015
OnePlus 5
That CHYI protector from Ali express is horrendous, wafer thin nothing like the photos, impossible to fit without bubbles.
Currently in dispute with the seller.
You sure you did your best in applying the protector cause the user above you has provided some pictures and it's looking great without any bubbles. Also is it's thickness similar to the pre-applied protector? I've ordered one as well and it'll be arriving soon so I'll be giving a feedback on it too

Reactions: Squabl

jkyoho

Aug 4, 2011
toronto
After several tempered glasses I was never satisfied with (Nilkin, Orzly etc...) I have just received and applied the Gadgetshieldz screen protector three hours ago.
Micro-bubbles slowly disappearing and far better experience than with the tempered glass.
So far I love it.
ogayhCw.jpg
How was the scratch proof on this compared to the original one from oneplus

TheDrag0n

Mar 26, 2011
So far I love it.
Nu5fFp5.jpg

CdQ1Ibf.jpg

yn1XXaP.jpg

JKSKpIm.jpg

UH7ditR.jpg

mTU0D2j.jpg

ogayhCw.jpg

can you please give us the link for buying ? thanks.

lucpol

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 6
How was the scratch proof on this compared to the original one from oneplus
Totally different. Basic scratches get "healed" and disappear after a while so way better for me than the original one. Plus the plastic type is also different.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

can you please give us the link for buying ? thanks.
Here it goes

https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplus-5t-skins-decals-wraps.html

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

popopow

Jul 4, 2009
Paris
That CHYI protector from Ali express is horrendous, wafer thin nothing like the photos, impossible to fit without bubbles.

Try harder, you probably did something wrong...
I ordered the CHYI and it's clearly not as easy to install as it is shown in the AliExpress video, but it is definitely possible to install it without bubbles. Once in place, you have to push hard with the wafer on each bubble one by one from center to edge of screen, many times until they are finally pushed away. It takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes to remove all bubbles.
Mine is perfectly bubble free. And fit perfectly the screen and stay in place with a protection case. Transparency and clarity are great, if not perfect. Touch is almost identical as without any protection. I had a dust stuck below, so I removed it and installed the second one, and once again I installed it bubble free.

For 4$ the two screens, I definitely recommend it.
There is another kind of screen protector on AliExpress called "Hydrogel II" which is not bad, but clearly not as good as the CHYI one.

Reactions: Squabl

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T

Try harder, you probably did something wrong...
I ordered the CHYI and it's clearly not as easy to install as it is shown in the AliExpress video, but it is definitely possible to install it without bubbles. Once in place, you have to push hard with the wafer on each bubble one by one from center to edge of screen, many times until they are finally pushed away. It takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes to remove all bubbles.
Mine is perfectly bubble free. And fit perfectly the screen and stay in place with a protection case. Transparency and clarity are great, if not perfect. Touch is almost identical as without any protection. I had a dust stuck below, so I removed it and installed the second one, and once again I installed it bubble free.

For 4$ the two screens, I definitely recommend it.
There is another kind of screen protector on AliExpress called "Hydrogel II" which is not bad, but clearly not as good as the CHYI one.

I also ordered this and one complaint is that they shipped the screen protectors in a flimsy cardboard box. When it arrived, the cardboard box was kinda smashed and the screen protectors were bent.

Fortunately the actual screen protector film itself is a soft bendable film and there are no folded creases so it's still possible to install it.

I also managed to install the screen protector without any bubbles, but you need patience to use the provided squeegee to force out all the mini bubbles. Also you have to do this before you remove the final protecting plastic layer as I feel it's easier to press out the bubbles during this stage.

My other observation is that the film does have slight orange peel texture. You can see slight streaks along the surface at certain angles when the screen is turned off. But under normal situation, you won't know there's a film there and it actually feels pretty smooth not rubbery.

Overall, it has the usual cons of a plastic film but I feel it's better than the glass protectors for this phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts