• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 5T Unbricking Tool

Search This thread

Cathal7707

May 14, 2018
i'm having the same issue -- phone rebooted, bricked itself (wouldn't get past OnePlus logo), and now won't even boot into fastboot or recovery. PC recognizes device on COM4, shows Qualcomm 9008 drivers, but the unbrick tool stalls with Sahara communication failed error.

The sahara communication error and the firehose error can be fixed by holding down the power button and the volume + button for a few seconds.
I've got this entire process to work for me, but it does not unbrick the phone.
After it has completed the process tries to repeat itself.
The led is still light blue in colour and the phone does not respond.
What more can I do if the unbricking tool does not work and one plus is taking its time sending out the return label?

Reactions: gsser

mayurjango

Aug 10, 2010
webtrickz.com
The sahara communication error and the firehose error can be fixed by holding down the power button and the volume + button for a few seconds.
I've got this entire process to work for me, but it does not unbrick the phone.
After it has completed the process tries to repeat itself.
The led is still light blue in colour and the phone does not respond.
What more can I do if the unbricking tool does not work and one plus is taking its time sending out the return label?

I'm facing the same problem. The process completed properly and the tool showed "Download complete" status in green but the phone neither rebooted itself nor responded when I tried to power it on. While charging, the LED notification is not glowing too.

https://imgur.com/nTtArZC

Please help.

Last edited:

mayurjango

Aug 10, 2010
webtrickz.com
I'm facing the same problem. The process completed properly and the tool showed "Download complete" status in green but the phone neither rebooted itself nor responded when I tried to power it on. While charging, the LED notification is not glowing too.

https://imgur.com/nTtArZC

Please help.

My issue got fixed! It was a hardware issue, the eMMC probably got corrupted. Fortunately, my device was under warranty and OnePlus service center replaced the entire motherboard (worth 20K INR) free of cost within few hours. :)

Reactions: Sukhi

lordxentris

Dec 15, 2010
Down Under
pchax.blogspot.com
Thanks to the OP for this post. BTW, after unbricking my phone, it fails to connect to the wifi. So after some research, I thought it might because of the firmware used to unbrick. So I download the latest 8.1 Firmware and flashed it via recovery after moving to the internal storage. And presto the wifi works and I have the latest firmware. SO 2 birds 1 stone. :)

mayankkgrover

Apr 17, 2011
I am using a 128gb version and able to install correctly and the tool shows download completed with no errors. but on reboot still get the same screen "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Visit link: g.co/ABH". Any suggestions? (I have tried doing this 3-4 times now and every time the process completely successfully but still the device isn't restored)

This is a totally stock device, it got bricked while i was installing the latest over-the-air update notification that i got from OnePlus yesterday, during that install process it started showing this device is corrupt screen and now can't do anything, directly boots to this screen and stuck.

filetta

Nov 24, 2013
Hi, can someone upload this on a torrent website or some other file hosting service ? I'm having troubles downloading it always stops.

Uploading it on google drive would be great for instance.

Thanks !

Last edited:

localfinesse

Dec 12, 2010
La Mirada
I also need the unroot tool The download fails after hours of trying to download. Any other links?

My phone keeps rebooting to TWRP. Everything I tried fails

Sukhi

Aug 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
Google Pixel 4a
Hi, can someone upload this on a torrent website or some other file hosting service ? I'm having troubles downloading it always stops.

Uploading it on google drive would be great for instance.

Thanks !

I also need the unroot tool The download fails after hours of trying to download. Any other links?

My phone keeps rebooting to TWRP. Everything I tried fails

Here you go : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ODGhxCkqYuMSzdFvo-gSquMOCjOSL93C/view?usp=sharing

localfinesse

Dec 12, 2010
La Mirada

Thanks!,

I just found it on Mega from this thread too.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/help/please-help-hardbricked-oneplus-5t-t3716057

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I downloaded the tool and see the com device as QDLoader 9008. I verify and get MD5 Check Ok.

I click Start and 3 seconds later I get "images do not match with the phone"

I am on the 128 gb version.

Any idea how to fix it?

Reactions: Sukhi

Sukhi

Aug 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks!,

I just found it on Mega from this thread too.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/help/please-help-hardbricked-oneplus-5t-t3716057

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I downloaded the tool and see the com device as QDLoader 9008. I verify and get MD5 Check Ok.

I click Start and 3 seconds later I get "images do not match with the phone"

I am on the 128 gb version.

Any idea how to fix it?

Not sure as i used this on my 64GB version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OnePlus 5T Unbrick tool
    red_opo_logo_clear_bg-png.231938

Here is the Oneplus 5T Unbricking Tool files provided by OnePlus during a Remote Session
    Download
    No Password Needed
    OxygenOS 4.7.4 (Nougat 7.1.1)
    OxygenOS 5.1.3 Thanks to @Titokhan
    OxygenOS 5.1.7 (Oreo 8.0.1)

Drivers
    OnePlus.QualcommDrivers.zip

A Fantastic Video of How To Unbrick OnePlus 5T
    Thanks to @hypergamer1231
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpLvmID1wdI

How To:
    For the on Plus 5T
    Step 1: Download Driver and Unbricktool

Step 2: Extract Drivers and Recovery Tool files on Desktop.

Step 3: If you are using Windows other than Windows XP,turn off Driver Signature Enforcement.To do so,follow this guide :
    http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how....igned-drivers/

Step 4: Press the power button for 40 seconds to turn off the phone.

Step 5: Press the volume up button for 10 seconds, while connecting the device with the computer.

Step 6: Open your device-manager and make sure in "Unknown devices" is one device with the name "QHUSB_BULK".

Step 7: Right Click on your device in the device manager and select Update Device Software. Choose manually the drivers folder and install the driver.

Step 8: When the device shows as "Qualcomm 9008", go run the MSM Download Tool as administrator.

Step 9: Click start at top left corner and wait for it to finish (green text will come).

Step 10: Disconnect phone from PC and boot into system.

thanks - @LloydSmallwood

!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POSSIBLE DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR DEVICE AS A RESULT OF FLASHING AND TESTING, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED PHONES OR LOST DATA... FLASH AND TEST AT OWN RISK !!!
    Thanks to:
    [email protected]dabistduja and @randallstevens for Decryption
    [email protected]vtec303 - for testing 128GB version
    [email protected]raptor2003 - for testing 128GB version
    Heres a step by step video guide I made to make thins easy.

@Bradl79

OOS 5.1.3 unbrick package is here.

@RafAbreu89

What was the last installed version of OOS on your mobile. Can you please give 5.1.3 package a try and then manually upgrade to 5.1.4 => 5.1.5 => 5.1.6?
    I have factory resetted my phone using this msm tool and I can confirm this tool along with the files works for oneplus 5T, thanks for uploading this, cheers.
    OOS 5.1.5 unbrick tool here mega.nz/#!ir42kaSJ!tFZpHXzPS4FP3RgM90LFqDSp9JcJaK1i5vhvhhPuNOg (remove the space between the P and the u)

I got it since one month but wasn't able to upload it before, better late than never :D

@Bradl79 5.1.5 above

5.1.7 here mega.nz/#!Hz50WQSB!rPjQNMtd5 _8aZhyBO2qREx5EtsOKGttS6-oZQ5LdTEQ (remove the space between the 5 and the underscore)

Edit : 5.1.4 unbrick tool here mega.nz/#!Hvw3USbQ!Yrug _2RcPsoTEunOe4sYZh4zpsHJFuEMLfB-ftqx77Q (remove space between g and underscore)

Do you mind updating the first post to add them ?