Oneplus 6 alternative s

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
Just wondering does anyone have any recommendations for a OnePlus 6 alternative in the UK/Ireland.I see the poco F1 is quite cheap but looks to have some issues.I would be tempted to sell my op6 for something good with 8gb ram/128gb room.Notblooking for used/refurbished phones though

whizeguy

May 18, 2013
If you already have the op6 and want a new phone It would be hard to recommend anything really...
Reason? - well, 2nd hand value.
You will only loose money, and for what? Basically nothing.

manus31

May 7, 2016
If you already have the op6 and want a new phone It would be hard to recommend anything really...
Reason? - well, 2nd hand value.
You will only loose money, and for what? Basically nothing.
As good as the op6 is it does have some submissions in terms of sd card support, battery and especially if like me you have the 64gb version,less ram,less memory,

But I take your point certainly ,having spent so much on this phone,I am hesitant to lose more money so soon after buying it,but I am just entertaining the idea

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
If you want more space sell your current op6 and get the 256GB model. I personally don't like that is has no sdcard slot, but first they went after removable batteries and now they are going after the sd card slot. I purchased the 128GB model because I was looking for more ram down the road. The razor phone 2 has a sdcard slot but the screen is dated. I'm hoping there will be a push for thicker phones to bring back all the useful stuff. I still have my LG v20, but the LG software problems are getting to me.

crixley

• May 25, 2012
    Pixel or pocophone are really all I could possibly think of that would be about equal performance. I would take this phone over either of those in a heartbeat though.

rylark

Oct 3, 2015
    Pixel or pocophone are really all I could possibly think of that would be about equal performance. I would take this phone over either of those in a heartbeat though.

Pocophone is a complete utter disaster when it comes to touch-screen latency and its experience overall. It's beyond atrocious. I'd recommend only buying Pocophone if you're 100% you can return it in a given time frame.

Reactions: crixley

crixley

• May 25, 2012
    Pocophone is a complete utter disaster when it comes to touch-screen latency and its experience overall. It's beyond atrocious. I'd recommend only buying Pocophone if you're 100% you can return it in a given time frame.

Ah I haven't tried it was just going from what I've read. Thanks for the info though!

manus31

May 7, 2016

Reading reports about this but many say there's no issue which makes me think it's not widespread

I think I'll hang on to my one plus 6 for another year at least,but OnePlus need to start providing extra features like SD card. I'd be happy with the 6t battery too.Dont like the in screen fingerprint sensor though

maigre

Aug 9, 2012
    I think your question is fine and appropriate, OP. If someone isn't completely comfortable with their phone, why not ask others in the device's forum this question in case there are others who feel the same and have found workable solutions? I was curious enough to read about what you were unhappy with and the responses to it to get click into the thread.

I'm happy with OP6, so I figure to have it for awhile. The LG phone is nice. But if you want to root, etc., your possibilities will be minimal compared to the OP6 and the Google phones, for example.

Reactions: manus31

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
    LG G7. In the UK at least these are priced below the OP6/6t.

Absolute steal right now imo

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I would disagree just for the simple fact that LG does not always keep their software for their phones up to date. I have many LG devices phones and tablets, but I find the G7 and V40 to be weaker compared to the G6 and V30 during their release cycles. You can watch videos on youtube that explain this very clearly.

Reactions: manus31

arsenal74

Nov 23, 2016
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Not sure what weaknesses you are referring to ?

Yes the G7 is not as quick and the software is imo better on the OP6.

I'm not saying the G7 is better just that it is an alternative at a similar price bracket. The G7 ticks a lot of boxes too, wireless charging, expandable storage, always on display, IP rating. A lot of people rate LCD over oled too for being easier on the eyes .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think your question is fine and appropriate, OP. If someone isn't completely comfortable with their phone, why not ask others in the device's forum this question in case there are others who feel the same and have found workable solutions? I was curious enough to read about what you were unhappy with and the responses to it to get click into the thread.

I'm happy with OP6, so I figure to have it for awhile. The LG phone is nice. But if you want to root, etc., your possibilities will be minimal compared to the OP6 and the Google phones, for example.

I would disagree just for the simple fact that LG does not always keep their software for their phones up to date. I have many LG devices phones and tablets, but I find the G7 and V40 to be weaker compared to the G6 and V30 during their release cycles. You can watch videos on youtube that explain this very clearly.