Oneplus 6 alternatives

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
So we all know the op6 is coming soon and many of us are hoping to upgrade our outdated devices,but with Oneplus success in the market in recent years, their prices are continuosly going up,,maybe by small amounts on each phone,may be a big rise with the op6,we don't know yet

Anyway.What if the op6 launches with a price you cant afford.

What alternative devices have you in mind.

I have more or less decided that I will get a nokia 7 plus if the op6 is too expensive because it has what I need.Big battery and promise of frequent updates.Ive considered the honor view 10 and mi mix 2s also

What other mid to high range devices are you considering if tbe op6 is out of reach ?

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 5
The Nokia 7 Plus is going to be way cheaper than the OP6. It's cheaper than the OP5 and OP5T.

At its price, I don't think you can beat the Nokia 7 Plus but then again you need to consider what is or isn't important to you. OnePlus will have an awesome Development scene which there isn't with Nokia (unless it starts to develop and is contingent on unlocked bootloader and kernel sources being released).

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs

manus31

May 7, 2016
The Nokia 7 Plus is going to be way cheaper than the OP6. It's cheaper than the OP5 and OP5T.

At its price, I don't think you can beat the Nokia 7 Plus but then again you need to consider what is or isn't important to you. OnePlus will have an awesome Development scene which there isn't with Nokia (unless it starts to develop and is contingent on unlocked bootloader and kernel sources being released).

I dont know where you fo your shopping mate but ehere I am to he 5 t is €499,

The 7+ is retailling at 3€399,not a massive difference.I sgree that Oneplus is more developer friendly but I would put the nokia 7 plus in that mid range section snd it will surely be much cheaper than tbe op6

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 5
I dont know where you fo your shopping mate but ehere I am to he 5 t is €499,

The 7+ is retailling at 3€399,not a massive difference.I sgree that Oneplus is more developer friendly but I would put the nokia 7 plus in that mid range section snd it will surely be much cheaper than tbe op6

In the UK the Nokia 7 Plus is £349.99. The 64gb OnePlus 5T is £449.

My logic is that the OnePlus flagships have been going up around £50 each year so the OnePlus 6 is likely to start at £499 and you were asking for the difference between the OnePlus 6 and alternatives. The Nokia 7 Plus is 30% cheaper.

Edit: I would note that I think the Nokia 7 Plus looks like a really good phone and would be tempted by it too.

Potentially consider the Asus ZenFone 5Z as another alternative but I think that is £499 also. If you're looking for the 845 processor, I can't really think of any other good options. Depends on what's important to you.

Last edited:

manus31

May 7, 2016
In the UK the Nokia 7 Plus is £349.99. The 64gb OnePlus 5T is £449.

My logic is that the OnePlus flagships have been going up around £50 each year so the OnePlus 6 is likely to start at £499 and you were asking for the difference between the OnePlus 6 and alternatives. The Nokia 7 Plus is 30% cheaper.

Edit: I would note that I think the Nokia 7 Plus looks like a really good phone and would be tempted by it too.

Potentially consider the Asus ZenFone 5Z as another alternative but I think that is £499 also. If you're looking for the 845 processor, I can't really think of any other good options. Depends on what's important to you.

Yes absolutely you are right,20 to 30% difference in price of 5t and 7+ depending what country your in.It will be interesting to see what happens with the op6,but as you say it will certainly be higher.

I have been researching a lot of different devices to replace my op3 lately.I look at all the reviews,watch the youtube videos and join the forums to see what users are saying.

If I was to buy a phone now based on hardware alone and value for money Id go for the Honor view 10 with the kerin 970,but Honor are poor with updates.The Zenphone 5z looks great,but I dont think it will be available in UK/Ireland till July.It will though be cheaper than the op6 and 5t.

The Nokia 7+ is out May 2nd on Amazon,Im hoping the op6 is announced before then so I can make an informed decision,but could be ridiculous prices in which case Ill happily go for the 7+ which should be more than good enough for day to day use, especially as a non gamer.I don't play around with Roms as much as I use to and will be happy eith tbe long battery life and regular updates.

I do like oxygen os though and Oneplus are great with updates and theres a great community.Will be interesting to see what happrns within tbe next month or two

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Better: Camera, no notch, big screen, Project Treble (i'm not sure), and price imo
Worse: IPS screen, no 3.5mm Jack, Almost the same battery of the OP5

EDIT: I was wondering and just realized that every year, OnePlus makes a very well made flagship phone with latest soc, etc. and little additions (dual camera, now water resistance) it's all nice and good. The only deal thing is the price. I like OnePlus, (had the 3 and now the 5) and i understand that they make better and better every year, so it's obvious that it needs to cost more. I'll definitely buy the 6, in the end there are no alternatives sadly :D

Last edited:

SlyUK

May 13, 2015
Anyone considering the Essential Phone 2 (which I guess will launch in September 2018) as a viable option to the OP 6 ?

Ratheesh6

Apr 8, 2014
Bangalore
If OnePlus 6 is a flagship killer, let's see what are available at the flagship level in my country at 64GB variant

835:
Pixel 2 XL - Rs.57,995
LG V30+ - Rs.44,990 (Only 128GB)
Nokia 8 Sirocco - Rs.49,900
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Rs.67,900
Mi Mix 2 - Rs.32,999 (Only 128GB)

845:
OnePlus 6 - Expected around Rs.35,000
Samsung Galaxy s9/s9+ - Rs.57,900 / Rs.64,900

Kirin 970:
Honor v10 - Rs.29,999 (Only 128GB)
Huawei P20 Pro - Expected around Rs.50,000
Huawei P20 - Expected around Rs.30,000

The only problem which I see out for OP6 is the territory it's venturing into. Those who are spending north of 30k won't mind spending extra for getting what they needed. Mediocre Camera will definitely kill OP6 on arrival since every single unit there gives you the best. If Huawei P20 Pro comes around 40k. It'll cannibalize OP6 hands down. But i think Huawei P20 might be in OP6 territory and might give some serious trouble for them.

Reactions: arvindgr

AnabolicAndroidz

Jun 28, 2017
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Better: Camera, no notch, big screen, Project Treble (i'm not sure), and price imo

EDIT: I was wondering and just realized that every year, OnePlus makes a very well made flagship phone with latest soc, etc. and little additions (dual camera, now water resistance) it's all nice and good. The only deal thing is the price. I like OnePlus, (had the 3 and now the 5) and i understand that they make better and better every year, so it's obvious that it needs to cost more. I'll definitely buy the 6, in the end there are no alternatives sadly :D

For customization, I agree. OnePlus just does that better than all the other Android based smartphones out there. For other features though, I'm getting less and less impressed by their offerings each year, and when they get too expensive, I'll simply stop getting them,. I'll probably still get the 6 though, but if their prices get as high as iPhone level, I'm out.

I know it's not a new phone, as it's been out a while, but I quite liked the Razer Phone. So might get one of those if the OP6 doesn't impress me enough. But let's wait and see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.

For mi (I have an OP5) the Xiaomi MI 7, looks like the best alternative this year. If rumors com true, and we will soon know, the MI 7 will be what I expected that te OP 6 should be, but will not.
    On Screen finger scanner, 3d face recognition, better battery, slimmer design, very small notch...and the if the price tag is aroung 400 € (so the say), with 845 SOC, this will be THE phone this year. The hype for OP will be over.

Actually yes, I agree with that.
    My time with the OnePlus 5T vs Mate 9 shows me that OnePlus has no equal where community is concerned and with OnePlus, I ALWAYS feel connected and updates.

It took 6 months to get a single update from Huawei.
    Bought the pixel 2 xl. It's a nice camera.

That's what smartphones are turning into: cameras with mobile functionality ;-/