• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 6 crash dump - multiple users facing crashdump mode issue in past two months

Search This thread

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
My camera is practically unusable, it locks very much on the front. I only get it sometimes when I restart my phone, but imagine you in a situation of taking a quick photo having to ask people to wait for your phone to restart before you can take a photo. Besides it shut down when I'm using it, and I can only call after a few minutes.
This is definitely not a crashdump mode issue..

Try deleting data from camera and your gallery app and then reboot your phone. See if it happens again after that. That should solve this issue you're having.

Are you on stock oos or a custom rom? Regardless try that..

Clear storage on those apps...aka wipe data on gallery and camera apps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-194156959.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-194156959.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210422-194204647.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-194204647.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 39

renatoknot

Dec 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
This is definitely not a crashdump mode issue..

Try deleting data from camera and your gallery app and then reboot your phone. See if it happens again after that. That should solve this issue you're having.

Are you on stock oos or a custom rom? Regardless try that..

Clear storage on those apps...aka wipe data on gallery and camera apps
Hi man, sorry for the delay, about cleaning the storage, I had already done it on the camera app, but not the gallery. I did it here and I will test it more often, not solving it I will have to resort to the hard reset

macstar6

Sep 28, 2015
Same issue faced in one plus 6 .1 week ago .phone is in charging and suddenly it goes into crash dump mode and tried many firmware using msn download tool but nothing works..as same others visited one plus service center and suggested me to chage mother board which cost around 17-18k.anyone found solution please help.

Smohi

May 27, 2021
Hey guys, checking in to see if there is anyway to save the data from my phone when it goes into crashdump. Phone is not rooted. Device state locked.
Don't mind losing the device as long as I can recover my data from it

f00ngck

Nov 11, 2011
@ms2020 has the same exact problem as you describe here but on 6t. We did all we could. I even tagged osmosis and he said if msm tool won't work then unfortunately it's a no go...
Same here after a msm tool complete download (tried many times with various OOS) sometimes it stays black, sometimes it's stuck at OP logo & sometimes qualcomm crash dump never once reach OP loading screen. Is this a no go? Mobo/IC parts fried? OP6

overdazed

Jun 14, 2021
hello guys, I have too tried different msm tools and 'flash all' , get the same result as @f00ngck. Before having this issue I've did a software update, not long after it froze and the crash was on the screen.
Device State Locked.

Sigma-One

I can confirm the CrashDump issue on my OP6, mine got stuck in it after I tried switching ROMs due to the latest version of the one I had bundling gapps

I got it back into an usable state with MSMDownloadTool, but apparently if I attempt to flash literally any ROM on it through any version of TWRP, it goes straight back into CrashDump

Oddly enough, everything else, even swapping the kernel is fine, and this thing is happily running blu_spark right now on de-googled OxygenOS

renatoknot

Dec 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
wtf oneplus is doing with your older cell phones? 2 weeks ago also crashdumpmode error on my op6, and worse i cant use recovery because my cell phone is not recognized on any computer. I bought a galaxy s20 fe sd865, the Oneplus we knew died

max.chester619

Jan 16, 2014
+1 to the count of people facing QC crashdump mode. Used my camera app today and my OP6 suddenly frooze. Not it is stuck in QC crashdump mode.

Was anyone able to get the phone working again?
Or I need to get a new phone? :/

simonwelsh

Jul 29, 2021
I've been having the same problem since yesterday and have tried all the same solutions you guys have tried/suggested. Ordered a new phone it's doing my head in, wasted a whole day trying.

pradeeppk

Feb 8, 2012
KERALA
Someone in mobile technicians forum replied that CPU reballing is the way to solve this issue, official service center doesn't do this job, so contact any qualified local technician.

forgecipher

Mar 23, 2013
Hello everyone ,

I also got the same error. I have been using Oneplus 6 without any isseus for the last 3 year without any issues .
Yesterday while on a video call ,it suddenly shut down .
On pressing Power + vol up - it showed me Crashdump error .
The service center guy told me it is hardware issue - motherboard replace will cost around 20K INR .

I tried all the steps mentioned in
https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-6-6t-unbrick-guide/

using Decrypted OxygenOS 10.3.5: for oneplus 6 Enchilada.

The MSM download tool was completed successfully with the message as "Download completed " . But still after that the phone is not starting .
I have tried power + vol up , power + vol up + vol down but still nothing .

Please advice . Any advice would be really helpful.

sp0979

Jul 20, 2013
Don't Panic. In almost all the cases, it's not hardware issue. For most of us, flashing fastboot rom should solve the problem.

I have invested 5 days to solve the issue. I tried 7 fasboot roms and finally I could find the right one which worked for me.

Please download msm fastboot rom from this link:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/op6-latest-10-3-8-collection-of-unbrick-tools.3914109/

If anyone needs step by step instruction, can contact me. I'm not sure, if I'm allowed to display my email address here.

mm_rajesh

Aug 20, 2011
OnePlus 6
Every seems to conclude that Crash Dump Mode is an Hardware issue without understanding the error properly. It happens when there is an exception or a crash dump file created to the OS. There is no need to Panic when the error pops up. In all cases it can be restored if the steps are followed properly. To all novice users ( tbh i am a novice when i started rooting phones) please read through below.

If you are upgrading from 10.3.12 to OOS 11 . Please flash custom recovery solution (TWRP) before we install OOS11.
Reboot to recovery
Install OOS 11 on Slot A
Reboot to recovery by Changing Slot B
Install OOS 11 on Slot B
Install TWRP again and install Magisk.
Reboot to recovery by changing Slot A
Wipe Cache and reboot to system.
It should boot.

While rebooting to Recovery if you get Crash Dump mode. Please do not panic.
Login to Fastboot and change active slot to B It should work.

If the above doesn't work, please reboot to system and you can do a rollback build from Settings -> system updates.

Evon88

Feb 4, 2019
OnePlus 6
Guess what might be 7th person. My oneplus 6 keeps shutting down all of a sudden and some times even wont start or something might start but again goes off while booting. So, then i have to start it after 10 mins and so and start it again and that too wait for 5 to 10 mins after starting before start using it or else it goes off again. Cant use it for heavy usage any more like before. Sometimes even turns off all of sudden. i have used all msm tools to reinstall but no use. Funny thing is while evening setting up the phone after flashing it goes off. Dont no if its hardware problem or not. I also have not dropped my phone.. Can any one find whats the problem?
U and others send me msg on telegram for help

@NotReal0

( i dont need your money )

for any help with oneplus 6 and maybe other