• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 6 crash dump - multiple users facing crashdump mode issue in past two months

Search This thread

JARK006

Apr 6, 2020
Google Pixel 3
my op6 got crashdump two weeks ago, there still many people in OnePlus community(ChineseVersion) have encountered the same problem, msmdowntool is useless. We almost think this is a hardware problem. OnePlus said that we can only spend 2,000 yuan to replace the motherboard, but in the end I spent 200 yuan to find someone else to fix it, it seems just need to reball some IC(cpu,ufs? i am not sure...) and it works well so far.

MITHUN7888

Oct 6, 2014
OnePlus 6
my op6 got crashdump two weeks ago, there still many people in OnePlus community(ChineseVersion) have encountered the same problem, msmdowntool is useless. We almost think this is a hardware problem. OnePlus said that we can only spend 2,000 yuan to replace the motherboard, but in the end I spent 200 yuan to find someone else to fix it, it seems just need to reball some IC(cpu,ufs? i am not sure...) and it works well so far.
pls help me out how did u fix it? my op6 is in crash dump mode now :(

yawarkhalid

May 27, 2016
Update:

My OP6 got trashed after this issue. Been lying dead in my drawer since over a year now. No msmdownload tool has fixed it. Tried everything. OnePlus said its a hardware issue and motherboard needs to be replaced. Which will cost about 180 USD.

Jagadish-ravi

May 25, 2013
bangalore
OnePlus 6
like many even i too ugraged my op6 to oo11.1.1.1, rooted was running well for a week till i encountred face crash dump mode error

Stupid thing i did was instead of flashing fastboot oos 10.3.8 i tried to flash msm 10.3.8 which didnt solve crash dum and also locked my BL.
now nonof the msm could solve crash dump nor we can unlock BL bz we cant toggle OEM in Dev option,

i discussed with @L0ND0NB0Y regarding this, his suggestion would be to take a backup of oos10.3.8 config partation of a working rom, then use edl to flash it on affected op6, by that way we can unlock bootloader and flash fastboot rom.
we need to fide a working op6 and back config which @L0ND0NB0Y can guide us. if it works he ll creat a post to solve crashbump and BL locked issue.

if this wont work, we may need to wait for msm oos11 file.

update : managed to solve crash dump by flashing msm international 5.1.5 but ended up getting black screen with white notification light, if my op6 had BL unlocked all i had to do is to boot stock/twrp recovery and factory wipe.