[OnePlus 6][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Mirrors for official Oxygen OS ROMs and OTA updates

Search This thread

eXd4

Apr 7, 2016
Reactions: da_reeseboy

Aashay

Sep 19, 2014
I am on OxygenOs 10.3.10 and I have installed magisk with 'patching the boot.img' method. But that restores stock recovery. What is the procedure to retain root and twrp recovery?

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I am on OxygenOs 10.3.10 and I have installed magisk with 'patching the boot.img' method. But that restores stock recovery. What is the procedure to retain root and twrp recovery?
Not trying to be rude, but I'm horrible with how things are interpreted... sorry in advance on that note - its not intended.
Magisk page - https://xdaforums.com/t/magisk-the-magic-mask-for-android.3473445/

At the end of the install instructions of the official github page, it says (this is what I followed to have a custom recovery AND Magisk):

Custom Recovery​

This installation method is deprecated and is maintained with minimum effort. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

It is very difficult to accurately detect the device’s information in custom recovery environments. Due to this reason, installing Magisk through custom recoveries on modern devices is no longer recommended. If you face any issues, please use the Patch Image method as it is guaranteed to work 100% of the time.

• Download the Magisk APK
  • Rename the .apk file extension to .zip, for example: Magisk-v22.0.apk → Magisk-v22.0.zip. If you have trouble renaming the file extension (like on Windows), use a file manager on Android or the one included in TWRP to rename the file.
  • Flash the zip just like any other ordinary flashable zip.
  • Reboot and check whether the Magisk app is installed. If it isn’t installed automatically, manually install the APK.

Warning: the sepolicy.rule file of modules may be stored in the cache partition. DO NOT MANUALLY WIPE THE CACHE PARTITION.

Aashay

Sep 19, 2014
Not trying to be rude, but I'm horrible with how things are interpreted... sorry in advance on that note - its not intended.
Magisk page - https://xdaforums.com/t/magisk-the-magic-mask-for-android.3473445/

At the end of the install instructions of the official github page, it says (this is what I followed to have a custom recovery AND Magisk):

Custom Recovery​

It is very difficult to accurately detect the device’s information in custom recovery environments. Due to this reason, installing Magisk through custom recoveries on modern devices is no longer recommended. If you face any issues, please use the Patch Image method as it is guaranteed to work 100% of the time.

• Download the Magisk APK
  • Rename the .apk file extension to .zip, for example: Magisk-v22.0.apk → Magisk-v22.0.zip. If you have trouble renaming the file extension (like on Windows), use a file manager on Android or the one included in TWRP to rename the file.
  • Flash the zip just like any other ordinary flashable zip.
  • Reboot and check whether the Magisk app is installed. If it isn’t installed automatically, manually install the APK.
I'm not asking how to install magisk using custom recovery. That method doesn't work with 10.3.10. I am asking how do you flash the patched boot.img and also retain twrp.

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm not asking how to install magisk using custom recovery. That method doesn't work with 10.3.10. I am asking how do you flash the patched boot.img and also retain twrp.
Thats the method I used to get TWRP and Magisk... I guess if you want to use the boot.img method you will need to flash twrp to the phone, then pull the modified boot.img from your phone and have magisk modify it.

sahil333

Jan 28, 2012
Delhi
I am using Palladium OS ( Android 11) Custom Rom. I want to flash Stock Android 11. Can anyone please let me know how to do that?

Aashay

Sep 19, 2014
@sahil333 There is no way you can do it without losing your data. So instead of following any of the guides that could potentially brick your phone I'd suggest you follow the below steps :
1. Download lastest fastboot rom
2. Use 'flash-all.bat' file to flash stock OxygenOs on your phone
3. Now reboot and download Oxygen Updater app from playstore.
4. Download Oxygen 11 and do a local up

Aashay

Sep 19, 2014
I'm on OxygenOs 11 and after the upgrade I'm not receiving Gmail notifications. I've tried enabling notification for every email, disabled battery optimisation as well. Any help is appreciated.

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I am being offered OnePlus6Oxygen_22.J.60_OTA_0600_all_2108052235_37de6.zip, Android 11.0.0, via the third party Oxygen OS Updater. I currently have Oxygen OS 10.3.9 stable, with xXx 12.4 without a custom recovery.

Upgrading Android to 11 would remove Magisk right, as my Magisk patched boot partition would be replaced, aren't I right? I don't suppose I could just accept the upgrade from Oxygen OS Updater, and reboot once done without issues 🤔😅

I'm aware I'm asking a Magisk / xXx question in the OTA thread, my angle is the bootloader part of things 😊

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210813-185429.jpg
    Screenshot_20210813-185429.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20210813-190331.jpg
    Screenshot_20210813-190331.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 101

Ulises31

As I have several e-mail accounts, I am using an e-mail client to get grouped all of them. I have no issues with A11 stable. My e-mail client is Edison Mail.

I have another issue and it´s related with the dark mode. In some apps the screen is white and the characters are, also, white, so nothing is seen. But it only happens with dark mode in developper options enabled.

chackopg

Apr 16, 2021
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 10 Pro
As I have several e-mail accounts, I am using an e-mail client to get grouped all of them. I have no issues with A11 stable. My e-mail client is Edison Mail.

I have another issue and it´s related with the dark mode. In some apps the screen is white and the characters are, also, white, so nothing is seen. But it only happens with dark mode in developper options enabled.
For me after 2 days of usage of Oxygen Os 11 is hanging. I don't know why. More over please add AOD tile in quick settings panel.

Franc38

Aug 10, 2010
Just to be sure...
I haven't received notification of the OTA update.... However, as we change Android version I'd like to make sure...

If I'm to download the full zip file,
- flash it with the "local update" menu, not reboot
- Flash the A/B retention script in magisk, not reboot
- Flash magisk to the inactive slot, reboot

Which is the way I've treated all OOS updates for quite sometimes, I would have no problems and wouldn't loose root and all?

Did someone try this method already?

Franc38

Aug 10, 2010
Just to be sure...
I haven't received notification of the OTA update.... However, as we change Android version I'd like to make sure...

If I'm to download the full zip file,
- flash it with the "local update" menu, not reboot
- Flash the A/B retention script in magisk, not reboot
- Flash magisk to the inactive slot, reboot

Which is the way I've treated all OOS updates for quite sometimes, I would have no problems and wouldn't loose root and all?

Did someone try this method already?

Well, being impatient and all...
I did proceed with "my" method and the update went smoothly and fast (actually faster than most previous android 10 updates).

Only thing, Viper seems to have stopped working. Too bad but I'll live with that.

EDIT. And the home app doesn't seem to stick very well... Keeps going back to Oneplus launcher, only to return with a flick of the finger... Well, I'll reboot and see what happens.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts