Oneplus 6 | stuck in battery too low | soft brick | recovery help needed

Search This thread

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021
Background information:
Oneplus 6 is rooted with magisk (but magisk hasn't been updated)
Able to charge and connect to pc as a Qualcomm modem

picturecom4.PNG

ports.PNG

My Oneplus 6 phone randomly after charging went black and was stuck in a bootloop, after a while I was able to escape the bootloop. Shortly after the screen goes black and now I am prompted with "Battery is too low" screen. After trying many other things of trying to recover the phone, such as: Fully draining the battery then charging it again, charging it for over 24 hours, to "trickle" charging the phone. I wasn't able to bring the phone back.

I don't really know if it this is a battery coordination error or an actual battery error. My goal is to try to recover the phone with no data loss, I've been looking around other forms trying to see how to recover data using QFIL of writing the storage then writing it back to the phone. I have also purchased a 64gb Micro SD card in hope of being able to recover the data using TWRP which I do have on my phone, but I am not able to acess recovery mode, because I am stuck in the "battery too low" screen.

Any help is appreciated. My current last resort option would probably be trying to "unbrick" the phone using MSM downloader tool. My goal here is to try to reserve the data on my phone and be able to hopefully revive my phone, because I don't believe I am in a hard brick.

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021
I had a sucessful operation using MSM tool upgrading the os with "enchilada_22_J.50_210121.ops" but is still stuck in battery is too low.

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021
it may be a stupid solution but have you tried pressing the power button for a while?

another solution can be addressed in physically removing the battery for a while. You'll need the glue or the new adhesive tape at least
yes I have tried the first solution but I will try removing the battery, cause I was able to open my phone up

also do you mind linking me the page / link to where the person fixed it by removing the battery. I would like to try to follow his/her solution

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021
From the photo you provided, your phone enters Emergency Download Mode (EDL mode)when connected to the computer so you may search for related data about EDL mode.
Oh yea, I've already went through and finished with that incase I was in a boot loop, behind the battery is too low screen. I was successful in flashing stock rom onto my phone but I am still stuck in the battery is too low screen.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Oh yea, I've already went through and finished with that incase I was in a boot loop, behind the battery is too low screen. I was successful in flashing stock rom onto my phone but I am still stuck in the battery is too low screen.
Then I cannot help you much but to make sure the battery is not the problem, you may have to replace the battery.

yes I have tried the first solution but I will try removing the battery, cause I was able to open my phone up

also do you mind linking me the page / link to where the person fixed it by removing the battery. I would like to try to follow his/her solution
Sorry i was busy with an exam.

I've had a similar issue on a Sony Xperia Z2 and a Sony Xperia Z3 and after disconnecting the battery I've managed to solve the problem.
the oneplus 6 it's simplier to disassemble but i would suggest you to change the battery as said by @LR7875, just in case.

Reactions: LR7875

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021

I've had a similar issue on a Sony Xperia Z2 and a Sony Xperia Z3 and after disconnecting the battery I've managed to solve the problem.
the oneplus 6 it's simplier to disassemble but i would suggest you to change the battery as said by @LR7875, just in case.
Replaced the battery but the same problem still persists. I was searching online and appearently oneplus phones have a chip to lock the phone from charging. Is there any way to bypass this?

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021
Replaced the battery but the same problem still persists. I was searching online and appearently oneplus phones have a chip to lock the phone from charging. Is there any way to bypass this?
Also able to do full process of MSMdownloadtool, is there anyway I can force charge from pc through the program. (seems pretty far-fetched)

Nothing still is happening, also tried removing the battery and the phone is still the same as before.
I don't know what to say...
You can try this last thing...
1.Remove the battery.
2. Unplug anything from the phone.
3.Using a paperclip or something made out of metal connect the positive and the negative battery connectors ON THE PHONE for a few seconds.
4. Reconnect battery.
5. Reconnect 1A 5V adapter.

DO NOT SHORT-CIRCUIT THE BATTERY! IT CATCHES FIRE AND EXPLODES!

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021
I don't know what to say...
You can try this last thing...
1.Remove the battery.
2. Unplug anything from the phone.
3.Using a paperclip or something made out of metal connect the positive and the negative battery connectors ON THE PHONE for a few seconds.
4. Reconnect battery.
5. Reconnect 1A 5V adapter.

DO NOT SHORT-CIRCUIT THE BATTERY! IT CATCHES FIRE AND EXPLODES!
My Phone was charging for a second when connected to my pc, but this was during my time off of the PC. If I were to recall the events to the best of my knowledge. I believe my phone was just plugged in (old battery), for a long period of time (1-5 hours) then after I turned off my pc for about (2-4 hours) and when I turned it back on it was charging but stayed at only 1% and unable to restart or anything. I wanted to try to recreate this with the new bought battery installed but I was unable to recreate this. I believe this confirms your theory before of charging it with a low ampere for an extended amount of time.

My Phone was charging for a second when connected to my pc, but this was during my time off of the PC. If I were to recall the events to the best of my knowledge. I believe my phone was just plugged in (old battery), for a long period of time (1-5 hours) then after I turned off my pc for about (2-4 hours) and when I turned it back on it was charging but stayed at only 1% and unable to restart or anything. I wanted to try to recreate this with the new bought battery installed but I was unable to recreate this. I believe this confirms your theory before of charging it with a low ampere for an extended amount of time.
Alright, so please do the following:
-Unplug the battery for 1h (it will allow condenser to discharge).
-Plug-in the battery (the new one)
-Plug in the low-amp charger for one night (8h or so)

You'll have to try many times: even changing the order of the last 2 passages however it's not recommended to plug the charger first but in my case it worked. 😁😁

NB. If it starts charging let it plugged until reaches at least 20%, boot the phone and switch with a 1A charger then power it off with the 1A charger.

Reactions: elangtales

elangtales

Jul 21, 2021

You'll have to try many times: even changing the order of the last 2 passages however it's not recommended to plug the charger first but in my case it worked. 😁😁

NB. If it starts charging let it plugged until reaches at least 20%, boot the phone and switch with a 1A charger then power it off with the 1A charger.
Ill try this tonight and update ya if there is any change, thanks!

Reactions: Alex261099

hkdoublecat

Jul 13, 2011
just to share.
i charge a Op6 with this error together with a usb tester. and i find the amp jump when i press the power button. so i press the power & vol+ for around 5 min to warm up the low temp battery.... and it works!

but this trick doesnt work on my another 8 pro and 9 pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ill try this tonight and update ya if there is any change, thanks!