• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 6 tempered glass screen protector problems

Search This thread

mikex8593

Nov 28, 2016
I have had my screen protector from OnePlus on since I received the phone in May. As of right now, there is a crack spanning the entire screen, top to bottom and a half a ring shaped crack in the bottom of the screen protector. I have not dropped the device nor have I had anything impact the device. It has simply cracked under the pressure of my own pocket. I strongly urge against buying one. I have reached out to OnePlus and their response was that it was already installed, so they refused to do anything, even after providing many pictures and a video proving there was not a single scratch on the phone or screen protector. It is a total price of garbage. Do not buy!

RiTCHiE007

Jun 22, 2011
So no crack in your phone screen? Thats all that matters tho. I mean maybe you didnt notice when you bumped into something because i doubt it can crack in your pocket only.

If i was you i would buy the moloco full adhesive screen protector from aliexpress for 3.99 dollar because it looks the same as the orig one.

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 7 Pro
So no crack in your phone screen? Thats all that matters tho. I mean maybe you didnt notice when you bumped into something because i doubt it can crack in your pocket only.

If i was you i would buy the moloco full adhesive screen protector from aliexpress for 3.99 dollar because it looks the same as the orig one.
Could you post a link as I could not find anything under the brand name "Moloco" Thanks!

Update: Never mind, I found it. It's called Mocolo
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for...fa83-4e63-80e4-12f6d1d2d651&priceBeautifyAB=0

RiTCHiE007

Jun 22, 2011
Could you post a link as I could not find anything under the brand name "Moloco" Thanks!

Update: Never mind, I found it. It's called Mocolo
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for...fa83-4e63-80e4-12f6d1d2d651&priceBeautifyAB=0

Yea thats the one bro! And full adhesive is the way to go because matrix dot or edge only protectors are terrible.

Also if you really need a good protector then you can try to glue it on with LOCA 2500 glue. Videos are on youtube.

mikex8593

Nov 28, 2016

When it's in my pocket, I always have the screen to my leg. Also has a case. I'll dig through the pictures I sent OnePlus and post them later after work. Not a single scratch on anything, even the screen protector.

gffmac

Dec 9, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Anyone notice the sensitivity of the screen has lessened since using the OnePlus 6 tempered glass screen protector? Takes more effort to double tap, sometimes around the edges of the screen touch is iffy, I'm considering taking it off but would prefer to keep it on for obvious reasons..

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2014
Denver
Thread cleaned.

Flaming somebody--and even worse, their country--is not tolerated as per XDAs rules. In this case, the post referenced a product alone, and there is no need for hostility against one another.

XDA is a place serving several different regions, and insults as to any of them are not permktfed.

Thank you,

RJ
Forum Moderator

enerGy

Jul 17, 2015
Belfast
OnePlus 8 Pro
Anyone notice the sensitivity of the screen has lessened since using the OnePlus 6 tempered glass screen protector? Takes more effort to double tap, sometimes around the edges of the screen touch is iffy, I'm considering taking it off but would prefer to keep it on for obvious reasons..

Yes I have also noticed this and do not like it. Sometimes having to do things twice or longer strokes so Im waiting on my IQ shield protection coming screw tempered glass as I have had nothing but trouble so far with this device and their support lmao

mikex8593

Nov 28, 2016
Yes I have also noticed this and do not like it. Sometimes having to do things twice or longer strokes so Im waiting on my IQ shield protection coming screw tempered glass as I have had nothing but trouble so far with this device and their support lmao

I notice it a bit, but not enough to impact anything. I have big hands and they are strong from playing guitar so I usually press slightly harder anyway. It is a little on the thick side. Going to try a plastic as a replacement for my damaged one. I'll report how well it works after the weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned.

Flaming somebody--and even worse, their country--is not tolerated as per XDAs rules. In this case, the post referenced a product alone, and there is no need for hostility against one another.

XDA is a place serving several different regions, and insults as to any of them are not permktfed.

Thank you,

RJ
    Forum Moderator