Oneplus 6T AndroidQ Beta Release Links

Search This thread

seijinshu

Jun 24, 2015
For those of you that are interested in using an actually usable preview build, here's where I'm at so far.

0. Backup data
1. Flash the OP Q build
2. Grab the GSI from google (ARM 64, GMS if you want Google services)
3. Extract the payload.bin that's in the OP Q Zip (Google how to extract payload.bin if you don't know how)
4. Flash the GSI system.img to both slots
5. Ensure that both vendor.img slots are based on the OP Q preview, do NOT flash the GSI's vbmeta.
6. Flash the OP Q preview boot.img to both slots
7. fastboot -w the device
8. Reboot and hope it works

My device doesn't recognize my SIM card and the status bar is cut off atm. I'm using a T-Mobile device that's MSM converted to global, without a SIM unlock (thus still using a T-Mobile SIM).

Still figuring out if I want to continue working on this, use the OP preview, or go back to Lineage+MicroG.

jerrywmilton

One plus is messed up these days. They are not able to keep them selves up to date.
Example: They released 9.0.13 OTA but for so many days, their website had 9.0.12 as the latest download. So, they really really lagging behind.

Surprisingly, asus zenfone 5z is doing good (because the way it is progressing was not expected at all).
OnePlus, you already set the high expectations. People are watching you. Make things go right and in favor of you by pulling of sleeves and get back to business the way you were (if you are listening) :D.

Having owned a recent ZENPHONE... save me the sales pitch. Complaining about LINKS when 99 percent of the OP crowd get their downloads OTA and for those that don't...XDA has them up and mirrored in no time flat.

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
For those of you that are interested in using an actually usable preview build, here's where I'm at so far.

0. Backup data
1. Flash the OP Q build
2. Grab the GSI from google (ARM 64, GMS if you want Google services)
3. Extract the payload.bin that's in the OP Q Zip (Google how to extract payload.bin if you don't know how)
4. Flash the GSI system.img to both slots
5. Ensure that both vendor.img slots are based on the OP Q preview, do NOT flash the GSI's vbmeta.
6. Flash the OP Q preview boot.img to both slots
7. fastboot -w the device
8. Reboot and hope it works

My device doesn't recognize my SIM card and the status bar is cut off atm. I'm using a T-Mobile device that's MSM converted to global, without a SIM unlock (thus still using a T-Mobile SIM).

Still figuring out if I want to continue working on this, use the OP preview, or go back to Lineage+MicroG.
It's my understanding that you just need the vendor and boot.img's from the OP GSI. So, you don't actually have to flash the whole zip, but just flash those particular partitions. Starting with the vbmeta.img from google. Then flashing the system, boot and vendor img's to both slots via fastboot

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
I've broken down the release from OP using the "payload dumper" Python script. While I don't quite understand the route you're taking using Google's GSI instead, I've staged the files you requested at the links below:
boot.img (https://send.firefox.com/download/ddda0ec0e32052af/#hQDhkOPnMHyLrwWa8tgK5w)
vendor.img (https://send.firefox.com/download/1dc2d6a9db964bdf/#G6Ss3J7Bw2ls-_RBG9UhqQ)

I've also provided a list of all the IMG files contained in the released build:
img_list.txt (https://send.firefox.com/download/f3578c433461f731/#VsSxZDY2dJnKKT94ygMAQg)

Let me know if you need any other parts from the release. BTW, the above links will expire in 1 week.

R/
wbedard

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Awesome!! I appreciate it a lot. I just prefer to go the cleaner route, rather than deal with OP's shenanigans.

Reactions: jjsawyer82

seijinshu

Jun 24, 2015
It's my understanding that you just need the vendor and boot.img's from the OP GSI. So, you don't actually have to flash the whole zip, but just flash those particular partitions. Starting with the vbmeta.img from google. Then flashing the system, boot and vendor img's to both slots via fastboot

You flash the OP preview first as there are criticals that need to be reflashed.

Edit: Note that the fingerprint scanner does NOT work at this time, and most of the settings that are missing in the OnePlus release are also missing in the GSI. Still cannot get cellular data working and I still have the status bar not respecting the notch and corners.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00177

You flash the OP preview first as there are criticals that need to be reflashed.

Edit: Note that the fingerprint scanner does NOT work at this time, and most of the settings that are missing in the OnePlus release are also missing in the GSI. Still cannot get cellular data working and I still have the status bar not respecting the notch and corners.

Soon as I get my sound working I have a better
version of what op should have released and it took me one day. I have all gestures and notch fixed correctly..I have it all packed up In a nice fastboot script.. so u can go from pie to quik right away..stay tuned to the rom thread..if anyone knows what files involving audio, lemme know ... This is a full crosshatch port based on protodevanos release.. his was great but didn't have TMobile service and notch was wrong...

unomas

Jan 11, 2019
version of what op should have released and it took me one day. I have all gestures and notch fixed correctly..I have it all packed up In a nice fastboot script.. so u can go from pie to quik right away..stay tuned to the rom thread..if anyone knows what files involving audio, lemme know ... This is a full crosshatch port based on protodevanos release.. his was great but didn't have TMobile service and notch was wrong...
Thank you so much! Really appreciate it :) for now I'll try the method above, thanks to all of you guys!

Reactions: namgniw93

seijinshu

Jun 24, 2015
Why are people screwing with this...hey, it's YOUR phone...but this isn't even a BETA...it's a DEVELOPER build.

Actually... The Android Q Previews are in-fact BETA.

Actual Proof of that

OnePlus calls it a Developer Preview as they completely dropped the bomb on this one and did the bare minimum to get it to boot, do emergency calls at the very least, and add some OOS touches (mainly the default apps and the home screen widget, and the fingerprint scanning animation). It lets them cover their rears.

Furthermore, we ARE developers, so if anything, you strengthen our argument to use it.

But even as a "developer" build, it doesn't do the job well, as I cannot even route my phone running the Q preview from sys-usb to my android-development appvm on my Qubes OS machine, preventing me from even using ADB without increasing the attack surface on my USB qube by directly using ADB on my USB qube, defeating the entire point. Not to mention the fact that it seems that they are using an older Q beta as their base, preventing a developer from even testing changes and features of beta 3 for their apps.

But this is likely futile, as it seems that you are being a OnePlus sheeple. Nonetheless, this info may be relevant to someone else that is actually interested in running the official OP6T Android Q builds.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Does it include working fingerprint?

Reactions: xneonnick
G

GuestK00177

Actually... The Android Q Previews are in-fact BETA.

Actual Proof of that

OnePlus calls it a Developer Preview as they completely dropped the bomb on this one and did the bare minimum to get it to boot, do emergency calls at the very least, and add some OOS touches (mainly the default apps and the home screen widget, and the fingerprint scanning animation). It lets them cover their rears.

Furthermore, we ARE developers, so if anything, you strengthen our argument to use it.

But even as a "developer" build, it doesn't do the job well, as I cannot even route my phone running the Q preview from sys-usb to my android-development appvm on my Qubes OS machine, preventing me from even using ADB without increasing the attack surface on my USB qube by directly using ADB on my USB qube, defeating the entire point. Not to mention the fact that it seems that they are using an older Q beta as their base, preventing a developer from even testing changes and features of beta 3 for their apps.

But this is likely futile, as it seems that you are being a OnePlus sheeple. Nonetheless, this info may be relevant to someone else that is actually interested in running the official OP6T Android Q builds.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Does it include working fingerprint?
Nicely said..
No fp. I won't spend any time with that. It will require far too much modifying the Google system UI.

Till mine is road Worthy for optimum operation, head to the op6 forum and run protodevanos Q port. It's basically perfect but TMobile doesnt work and the notch is wrong. His patch is incorrectly setup for the 6t.. my work consists of fixing said patch and implementing the whole thing as one flashable piece.his is a script, a restore from twrp, and then u gotta work backwards to fix the notch and service for tmo.. not bad except the notch and porting more vendor stuff over, trial and error. His kernel/ boot image is modified for Q, prerooted and has bluspark embedded. I took that a step further, took a better kernel and did the same thing...then I used my kitchen to repack everything into flashable Images that replace all the crappy op Q stuff, ie only vbmeta, boot, system, and vendor. Then I make everything flash, install, and boot up easier so it's then the Q beta we deserve. Ran it all day till unbenownst to me I broke audio messing with vendor when perfecting the notch. Ran outta time but I'll have it done tomorrow..

unomas

Jan 11, 2019
Nicely said..
No fp. I won't spend any time with that. It will require far too much modifying the Google system UI.

Till mine is road Worthy for optimum operation, head to the op6 forum and run protodevanos Q port. It's basically perfect but TMobile doesnt work and the notch is wrong. His patch is incorrectly setup for the 6t.. my work consists of fixing said patch and implementing the whole thing as one flashable piece.
Will you also fix TMobile? (Converted to international)

unomas

Jan 11, 2019
Can one just flash the ob9 zip file through settings..,local upgrade
I maintained twrp, when I tried flashing another rom or OP, there was a problem with the storage, so the rom worked but couldn't read or write data, no folders etc... Only the 2gb of root storage worked.

If someone can clarify for me why that happened that would be great.

Top Liked Posts