OnePlus 6T - Can't unlock bootloader nor get into Android

Search This thread

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
I'm afraid I can't' find it... It is dual-sim though.

I used a few - both T-Mobile and not. They all succeeded with (seemingly) no error, but didn't fix the bootloop.

I see, but won't that need me to be in Android to be able to run the software?

Yup, fastboot and recovery mode work fine. The bootloader is locked though, else installing TWRP, etc. would be easy.

Yeah...

It doesn't do it automatically. Is there another way to boot it?

As far as I can tell there's no way to flash TWRP without unlocking the bootloader. And there doesn't seem to be any way to do that without getting into Android. And I can't get into Android...

Someone else suggested using this tool (https://github.com/bkerler/edl) as a last-ditch attempt. I'm going to give it a try and hope for the best!

Thank you both for your suggestions.
He was saying it will still boot into twrp with locked bootloader. I don't know if that's true but you can try to get the twrp.img that works with whatever the last android version you were on. If it was a11 there's only 1 that works and it's not official if you need it let me know. Not sure it will even work but if you wanna try get to bootloader and connect to PC. Then fastboot boot (path and filename to the twrp.img)

Jan 21, 2022
He was saying it will still boot into twrp with locked bootloader. I don't know if that's true but you can try to get the twrp.img that works with whatever the last android version you were on. If it was a11 there's only 1 that works and it's not official if you need it let me know. Not sure it will even work but if you wanna try get to bootloader and connect to PC. Then fastboot boot (path and filename to the twrp.img)
OK, I'll try that too!

Jan 21, 2022
I tried this with `twrp-3.3.1-1-fajita.img ` and got the following error:
```
$ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-1-fajita.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s
```
On a hunch I renamed the TWRP img to `boot.img` and unsurprisingly got the following error:
```
$ fastboot boot boot.img
OKAY [ 0.757s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: boot is not allowed in Lock State)
finished. total time: 0.758s
```
Perhaps I'm doing something else wrong (why does it expect a `boot.img`?)?

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
I tried this with `twrp-3.3.1-1-fajita.img ` and got the following error:
```
$ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-1-fajita.img
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s
```
On a hunch I renamed the TWRP img to `boot.img` and unsurprisingly got the following error:
```
$ fastboot boot boot.img
OKAY [ 0.757s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: boot is not allowed in Lock State)
finished. total time: 0.758s
```
Perhaps I'm doing something else wrong (why does it expect a `boot.img`?)?
It doesn't that is weird but regardless it says right there you can't boot twrp with bootloader locked. That's what I thought originally. So msm tool is only chance

Jan 21, 2022
I tried various methods involving re-flashing OxygenOS - no good. The bootloader being locked means that I just get `FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)` whatever I try.

Jan 21, 2022
If things go right it should restore a working ROM you can get into and switch oem unlocking and adb on. I don't know why it wouldn't work but I'd try different ones. Don't give up yet
I tried all three versions - no good sadly. I think the last remaining hope is the EDL tool I found a couple of days ago. I'll need to install it on a live USB at some point and give it a shot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I had to use the msm download tool it did lock the bootloader. But I was able to unloack it again from the ADB command prompt at the bootloader screen by typing fastboot oem unlock. But this can only be done if it is set in developer options.
    I spent alot of time trying to figure it out but later found outthat I was using the wrong msm tool.
    Good luck. I hope you get it and running again because the 6T is still a very good phone.
    I tried all three versions - no good sadly. I think the last remaining hope is the EDL tool I found a couple of days ago. I'll need to install it on a live USB at some point and give it a shot.
    Good luck