Oneplus 6T stuck at fastboot loop after patching magisk v22 [FIXED with full wipe*]

Search This thread

BBxda1X

Dec 28, 2016
Dear all, Pls help me )':

Similar to other post, my situation goes like this
1)my magisk manager was hidden (Renamed)
2)tried updated magisk apk no issue, just the main magisk updates which i updated within app (selected recommended) it return errors.
3)did a restart then unable to boot to normal android environment.
4)stuck in boot screen whereas shown 'your device is corrupt.....'
5)firstly was able to boot into TWRP recovery mode
6)my mistake was flash magisk 21.4.zip on top
7)now stuck in fastboot bootloop which shows "BOOTLOADER VERSION -" and "BASEBAND VERSION -" as empty!
8)no longer able to access TWRP
9)reboot bootloader -> brings it back straight to fastboot mode, Power off and on -> brings it back straight to fastboot mode, Start recovery -> brings it back straight to fastboot mode Just fastboot working.

my device details.
-using last version of Oxygen OS (android 9) on my Oneplus 6T . did not upgrade to android 10
-cant remember if my USB debugging in dev mode settings is turned off

Troubleshoot i did so far
-i have tried flash twrp-3.3.1-27-fajita-Pie-mauronofrio.img from fast boot which return this error

C:\adb>fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-27-fajita-Pie-mauronofrio.img
downloading 'twrp-3.3.1-27-fajita-Pie-mauronofrio.img'...
OKAY [ 0.666s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error)
finished. total time: 0.679s

BBxda1X

Dec 28, 2016
Only possible way is to pull the boot.img from the Fastboot ROMs Thread. Otherwise you may have to try MSM to unbrick your device.

greatly appreciate your help! flashing fastboot rom works. :cowboy:(y)
however during booting up phone everytime is will shown "Your device is corrupt it can't be trusted". - fixed by further applying latest OTA updates

Last edited:

spinergist

Mar 8, 2021
flashing boot.img will only touch boot and nothing else.

If I understand correctly, and before I get too excited about getting my data back, then does that mean I can fix this authenticate error without losing my encrypted data if I do fastboot flash boot boot.img?

(I have some book chapters from my novel that I really don't want to risk losing so its important to figure out if twrp will let me decrypt the data if I flash the new boot.img)

Huskied

Jun 10, 2015
Round Rock
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
If I understand correctly, and before I get too excited about getting my data back, then does that mean I can fix this authenticate error without losing my encrypted data if I do fastboot flash boot boot.img?

(I have some book chapters from my novel that I really don't want to risk losing so its important to figure out if twrp will let me decrypt the data if I flash the new boot.img)

If it doesn't boot and you can't your data back, Dirty flashing might be the last hope. Otherwise, Data will stay encrypted unfortunately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Huskied Will flashing only the boot.img delete all data from internal storage?

I want to boot into a twrp.img so I can decrypt and recover the data but I get the same failure to authenticate error.
    flashing boot.img will only touch boot and nothing else.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone