• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlus 6T Won't Boot After Unlocking Bootloader

Search This thread

Tamariniak

Mar 18, 2021
In my attempts to flash LineageOS to my OnePlus 6T, I have 1) unlocked OEM in the developer settings, 2) booted into fastboot, 3) ran fastboot oem unlock, confirmed a disclaimer that data on the phone would be wiped, and let the phone do its thing. It booted regularly and showed me a first-time setup screen. I then shut it down to boot into fastboot again. But, it has decided that it won't cooperate.

I really have nothing else to go on, maybe just that fastboot oem unlock finished in 0.038s, before I confirmed anything on the phone. The host is a Ubuntu 21.04 machine and the phone is running a manually installed update to Android 11.

My oh my what have I gotten myself into. Please help.

EDIT: This is not a boot loop, all I get is a black screen. The phone used to vibrate when plugged into power, it doesn't even do that anymore.

Last edited:

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Plug it into computer. On computer right click windows logo and select device manager. In the window search for every device. If I have guessed it, one of them shows Qualcomm 9008 or qusb-bulk. If that is the case tell me.

Prinçe çharming ap

Dec 30, 2018
Biharsharif
OnePlus 7
In my attempts to flash LineageOS to my OnePlus 6T, I have 1) unlocked OEM in the developer settings, 2) booted into fastboot, 3) ran fastboot oem unlock, confirmed a disclaimer that data on the phone would be wiped, and let the phone do its thing. It booted regularly and showed me a first-time setup screen. I then shut it down to boot into fastboot again. But, it has decided that it won't cooperate.

I really have nothing else to go on, maybe just that fastboot oem unlock finished in 0.038s, before I confirmed anything on the phone. The host is a Ubuntu 21.04 machine and the phone is running a manually installed update to Android 11.

EDIT: This is not a boot loop, all I get is a black screen. The phone used to vibrate when plugged into power, it doesn't even do that anymore.
Give your device to service centre maybe they'll do something about it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.