OnePlus 7 Pro GM1925

Search This thread

slickwidnick

Nov 16, 2012
surrey
OnePlus 7 Pro
I've got the gm1925 used today and I wanna root it. Through my research, and instead of just downloading random files and trying to flash them to this device, I happened upon a post where someone with the gm1925 but branded from a us carrier, had issues with rooting or the OEM unlock because of the carrier software, and I just wanted to ask if there is anything I need to know to get this phone rooted because I have the gm1925, but I'm up here in Canada and there's no carrier software on this device. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

slickwidnick

Nov 16, 2012
surrey
OnePlus 7 Pro

There u go
So you're saying I just follow this?:

1. Unplug and power off the phone COMPLETELY
  2. Open the MSM download tool
  3. Uncheck SHA256 check
  4. Connect your USB cable to your PC
  5. Hold Volume DOWN and UP at the same time.
  6. While holding those keys, insert the USB.
  7. Keep holding those keys, click 'Enum' in the tool.
  8. Click start.
  9. Wait about 5-10 minutes, setup over Wifi, OTA to 10, PROFIT!

slickwidnick

Nov 16, 2012
surrey
OnePlus 7 Pro
Search and follow guide to convert to 1920eu rom. I'm on it now and i have a 1925 5g. It opened up oem unlock in settings and all hardware working 100%
okay, so i followed the link and got to the "hold up and down volume and plug in the usb cord" then i pressed the "enum" button and it just sits there waiting for a connection. i went to the device manager and its got "QUSB_BULK_CID:0404_SN:1FDB8868" listed, but showing the yellow warning flag and i searched for the appropriate driver but cant seem to find it. any idea where i can get the driver from?

AeonAnonymous

Feb 13, 2022
Huawei Nexus 6P
Yes, have phone booted up as normal, plug into pc then show notifications and change usb mode to filetransfer, then open my pc and you should see a cd drive for the phone that contains the drivers

AeonAnonymous

Feb 13, 2022
Huawei Nexus 6P
After you install tje drivers, unplug and power off phone. Reboot pc, run downloader, click enum then start, press and hold vol up and down simultaneously for 30 seconds, then plug back into usb and it should do its thing

slickwidnick

Nov 16, 2012
surrey
OnePlus 7 Pro
After you install tje drivers, unplug and power off phone. Reboot pc, run downloader, click enum then start, press and hold vol up and down simultaneously for 30 seconds, then plug back into usb and it should do its thing
msm downloader wont start. it gives me a window that says "crash report" and states where the crash report can be found.
heres the dump file i dont know how to make heads or tails of it
okay, i went back and downloaded the guacamoles file from the post you cut an pasted above, and its a different guacamoles file than i first downloaded. the first one is called: guacamoles_31_O.09_190820 and this one crashes when i try to open the program now.
the file that downloads when i click on the link you posted above now is called: guacamoles_to_guacamoleg_21_E.09_190925_repack - and this one doesnt even open, i click on the exe and the little rotating circle that indicates the computer loading something comes up, but no program ever starts, no crash warning dialogue box, nothing. i am getting really confused and frustrated with this...

Attachments

• dumpFile_20220708085255.txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

AeonAnonymous

Feb 13, 2022
Huawei Nexus 6P
msm downloader wont start. it gives me a window that says "crash report" and states where the crash report can be found.
heres the dump file i dont know how to make heads or tails of it
okay, i went back and downloaded the guacamoles file from the post you cut an pasted above, and its a different guacamoles file than i first downloaded. the first one is called: guacamoles_31_O.09_190820 and this one crashes when i try to open the program now.
the file that downloads when i click on the link you posted above now is called: guacamoles_to_guacamoleg_21_E.09_190925_repack - and this one doesnt even open, i click on the exe and the little rotating circle that indicates the computer loading something comes up, but no program ever starts, no crash warning dialogue box, nothing. i am getting really confused and frustrated with this...
I just want to verify though are you on the 1925 Sprint 5G or is it something different?