• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OnePlus 7 Pro T 5G Mclaren

Search This thread

Kcat

Feb 16, 2016
Started testing my OP 5G MClaren around Dallas Fort Worth Texas. Even though the phone says 5g on the top right the phone is connecting to band 2 , 12 , and 66 through out the DFW region. I have yet to see the device connect to band 71. TMobile shows the are as having 5g. Has anyone else had the OP 5g show 5g when it is not on 5g? Has anyone seen band 71 live in DFW (I literally drove around the entire region and never got band 71)? I had a OP 6 before this and never saw band 71 in DFW. Have seen it in El Paso, South Oklahoma, Miami area. At this point I think this area is not live even though they advertise it. My thought process in getting the OP 5g MClaren was that DFW 600mhz is not completely clear (still some TV stations broadcasting) since band 71 never showed up and I saw the TMobile 5g map light up in the region I assumed the little 600 spectrum TMobile has in the area would be allocated to 5g. TMobile building penetration sucks really bad in the area and I want to take advantage of their 600 spectrum as soon as possible.

jimmyray1990

Dec 4, 2009
Greenville SC
I know with 5G on I will not see Band 71 but when I turn 5G off and just use 2g/3G/LTE then I start seeing 71 in signal check pro. I feel like it is saying it is there but Signal Check Pro does not know how to display it. I know Cellmapper will show when connected to 5G NR states so I guess that means it's 71 it just not know how to display it. But only way I can see 71 is go into the options and disable 5G

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Kcat

Feb 16, 2016
I know with 5G on I will not see Band 71 but when I turn 5G off and just use 2g/3G/LTE then I start seeing 71 in signal check pro. I feel like it is saying it is there but Signal Check Pro does not know how to display it. I know Cellmapper will show when connected to 5G NR states so I guess that means it's 71 it just not know how to display it. But only way I can see 71 is go into the options and disable 5G

I will give it a try today on my way back to work. Still I have never seen band 71 in the region even when I had the OP6. Wondering if it 5g only due to the limited spectrum available and if so I can't see it because apps don't recognize 600 MHz when 5g active. Anyone else have insight on this or can verify (besides what TMobile claims) that 600 MHz is active in the dfw region?

jimmyray1990

Dec 4, 2009
Greenville SC
I will give it a try today on my way back to work. Still I have never seen band 71 in the region even when I had the OP6. Wondering if it 5g only due to the limited spectrum available and if so I can't see it because apps don't recognize 600 MHz when 5g active. Anyone else have insight on this or can verify (besides what TMobile claims) that 600 MHz is active in the dfw region?
According to cell mapper with filter with band 71 one the towers with the red rings around the green are confirmed 600Mhz towers Screenshot_20191226-231313.jpg

Kcat

Feb 16, 2016
According to cell mapper with filter with band 71 one the towers with the red rings around the green are confirmed 600Mhz towersView attachment 4911561

Your right. So I looked at my logs and 5g tower info is showing as unknown like you said it doesn't know what to do with it. I am not getting any thing on band 71 when on 4g only (assume it's because they only broadcast it in 5g due to limited spectrum in region). I noticed a speed difference when using 5g (speed test are around 50down and 20 up in the area on 5g) cell mapper does show a bunch when filtering for 71 (never noticed 71 on there because I am always zoomed in). Thanks man!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My McLaren 5G routinely connects to band 71 close to 75 in Plano, TX. Speeds aren't amazing by any means, but it connects via band 71.