[OnePlus 7][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

BDAZZG1

Jul 8, 2011
Prescott Valley, AZ
Can you tell us which steps? I wanted to keep TWRP and Root out of the last stable.
you need to extract the boot.img, patch it with Magisk Manager, and flash with fastboot. THERE IS NO WORKING TWRP AS OF YET.

*****USE AT YOUR OWN RISK*****
*****I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU SCREWING UP YOUR DEVICE!*****
IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH FASTBOOT, LEARN OR MOVE ON

I've done the hard part... Download the patched boot image below.
Command in terminal - fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
patched_boot.img

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
  • Can you tell us which steps? I wanted to keep TWRP and Root out of the last stable.
    you need to extract the boot.img, patch it with Magisk Manager, and flash with fastboot. THERE IS NO WORKING TWRP AS OF YET.

patched_boot.img
    I used the method for updating here along with twrp 3.3.1-79 and magisk 21.4 while upgrading from the latest A10 OpenBeta, everything works and I'm rooted again.

Reactions: lvints

C4RP1ST

Aug 11, 2010
    OnePlus 7

patched_boot.img
    Hi, your patched boot img work with oneplus 7 non pro ?

C4RP1ST

Aug 11, 2010
    OnePlus 7

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
    Ao Nang, Krabi

patched_boot.img
    The dualboot fox recovery works on android 11 on my op7 (non pro). I have a dualboot setup, but you should be able to use it as regular recovery too.

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
    Staff member
  • Android 11 Open Beta 2

Changelog

Notes
    • OnePlus Laboratory has been removed on OnePlus 7 & 7T respectively so you cannot activate DC Dimming anymore.
    • Global and EU builds are now unified

System
    • Optimized the sliding effect of the dynamic wallpaper
    • Improved power consumption in some scenarios
    • Optimized the adjusting intensity of automatic brightness to bring a more smooth using experience
    • Fixed the issue with the adapter not charging and using the headset at the same time
    • Fixed the issue in which the battery icon is not displayed on the status bar
    • Fixed the issue that 'Tips & Support' is not displayed in the Settings

Camera
    • Fixed the small probability flashback issue with the camera when unlocking in professional mode

Ambient Display
    • Newly support Always-on ambient display feature for OP7Pro and OP7TPro (Go to: Settings - Utilities - OnePlus Laboratory - Always-on ambient display)

Global: https://otafsg1.h2os.com/patch/amaz...7_OTA_0570_all_2101291753_a860494c5c7a957.zip

Jun 30, 2015
    If you have root, you can enable it by running this command in terminal:
    su
    am start-activity -a oneplus.intent.action.ONEPLUS_LAB_FEATURE_DETAILS -e oneplus_lab_feature_key oneplus_dc_dimming_value
    The problem is, i installed android 11 through sustem update. Lost root and now there's no twrp.img for android 11 (only dual boot solution from android 10 to 11 which I don't want). And im afraid of using the patch boot.img method due to bad experience with it.

Want always on display too which can be enabled using oneplus features command but no root. 😕

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
    Mumbai
    The problem is, i installed android 11 through sustem update. Lost root and now there's no twrp.img for android 11 (only dual boot solution from android 10 to 11 which I don't want). And im afraid of using the patch boot.img method due to bad experience with it.

Want always on display too which can be enabled using oneplus features command but no root. 😕

Oh I see.
    I'm attaching both stock and patched boot for OB2 for our OP7. If you decide you want to root, you can flash the patched boot through fastboot. If anything goes wrong, you can always return back to normal by flashing the stock boot.img.

Patched boot.img:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X1b0MCqtN261ACbkcVjI5MKTIpuDpYT6/view?usp=sharing

Stock boot.img:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ECcFVAQFq8N9hQahfuLSK02dSrMbzh5t/view?usp=drivesdk

Jun 30, 2015
    Oh I see.
    I'm attaching both stock and patched boot for OB2 for our OP7. If you decide you want to root, you can flash the patched boot through fastboot. If anything goes wrong, you can always return back to normal by flashing the stock boot.img.

Patched boot.img:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X1b0MCqtN261ACbkcVjI5MKTIpuDpYT6/view?usp=sharing

Stock boot.img:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ECcFVAQFq8N9hQahfuLSK02dSrMbzh5t/view?usp=drivesdk
    Ohh thank you brother. It is indeed much obliged.
    Yours is also GM-1900?
    One more thing: i want to use a custom kernel. Never flashed before without twrp. So is it a good idea to flash custom kernel using some kernel apps (like fkm)?

Thanks again dude, really appreciated.

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
    Mumbai
    Ohh thank you brother. It is indeed much obliged.
    Yours is also GM-1900?
    One more thing: i want to use a custom kernel. Never flashed before without twrp. So is it a good idea to flash custom kernel using some kernel apps (like fkm)?

Thanks again dude, really appreciated.
    Mine is GM-1901. But I think it shouldn't matter as long as both are unlocked OP7 devices.
    Also I'm sorry, I don't have much knowledge about flashing custom kernels, so won't be able to help you out with it.

Jun 30, 2015
    Mine is GM-1901. But I think it shouldn't matter as long as both are unlocked OP7 devices.
    Also I'm sorry, I don't have much knowledge about flashing custom kernels, so won't be able to help you out with it.
    Thanks for the bootimgs. I got root now. But whenever i install viper, my device doesn't pick up any sim card. Uninstalling viper or booting into safe mode makes the phone pick sims again. How can?

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
    Mumbai
    Thanks for the bootimgs. I got root now. But whenever i install viper, my device doesn't pick up any sim card. Uninstalling viper or booting into safe mode makes the phone pick sims again. How can?
    That's a known bug that currently exists. Network breaks sometime after installing viper. I don't know if there is any fix available.

Jun 30, 2015
    QUOTE="neildalal, post: 84460235, member: 5671938"]
    That's a known bug that currently exists. Network breaks sometime after installing viper. I don't know if there is any fix available.
    [/QUOTE]
    Also i noticed that in always on display there's a weird flashing of screen (a very small spot). Screen isn't defective by any means as the issue wasn't in ob1.

It also flashes for half a second before screen turns on. when you press the power button (the time between power button and screen lighting up)

Top Liked Posts