OnePlus 7T bricked on Qualcomm Crashdump mode, unable to boot to fastboot

Search This thread

scoped_ar07

Mar 26, 2021
Hey everyone!

So, I've got a HD1903, 8GB RAM 128GB ROM. I updated to OxygenOS 11.0.02, but it was still buggy as hell, so I decided to downgrade. I also had rooted the phone, and decided to get rid of that too. I went to the stock fastboot roms page, downloaded the 10.0.13 ROM and used 'flash-all.bat' file to clear everything. But halfway, it reboots, goes into recovery, then goes to Qualcomm Crashdump mode. That's it. No code or anything, just Qualcomm Crashdump mode, in Blue and Red letters. I tried to hold vol-up, vol-down and power to get into fastboot, but it just loads the fastboot splash screen, then goes back to the same qualcomm crashdump mode screen. Even if i try to hard reset it, by holding vol-up and power, it still goes to the same screen.

Anyone know what to do? I have no idea how to use the 'MSM tool' that everyone talks about, so any guiding advice would be great!

Thanks!

scoped_ar07

Mar 26, 2021
OK, so I got it working again, thanks to the advice of reddit users, discord users and the latest msm tool and some googling. I held the vol-up and vol-down buttons for 30 seconds, then connected it to the laptop, with msm running, to a usb 2.0 port, and pressed start. hey presto, it worked. Thanks guys!!

Stronger1101

Sep 28, 2012
Bogota
OnePlus 7T
Hello

Using the MSM tool is very simple, you just have to download it from this link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12y3lO0wIgb2_LSDeVw9x_2C_HjbgZlb_/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: only works on Windows PC

1. Unzip the contents of the RAR into a folder.

2. Run the MSM application

3. Click Start.

4. Connect the cell phone in EDL mode (volume up + down button)

5. Wait for the process to finish (it takes a long time, please be patient)

6. The phone will restart automatically and a message will appear informing you that the equipment is damaged (don't be careful).

Note: The phone should automatically boot into fastboot mode and display a menu, but if it doesn't and instead boots to the T-mobile screen, you need to force shutdown with the power button for several seconds and then manually start it in fastboot mode. (volume up + volume down + power button)

7. Now you need to unlock the bootloader with the command from a Windows CMD window, but you need to download this ADB tool first.

https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

-Unzip the tool into a folder

-Open a Windows command window, in administrator mode and direct it to the path where you unzipped the ADB tool.

8- Execute this command while the cell phone is connected in Fastboot mode.

fastboot flashing unlock_critical

9- A question will appear on the phone in which you must allow the unlocking.

-With the volume keys select the option to allow it and press the power button.

-At this time your bootloader will be unlocked.

10. Copy the ADB tool files into the folder where ROM 10.0.13 is and replace everything.

11. With the phone connected to the PC, on the command line, run the flash-all.bat file

12. When the phone restarts and the yellow and white letters appear informing that the phone is not safe because the bootloader is unlocked, repeatedly press the (volume down) button until a menu in Chinese appears.

-PC will detect the phone again in fastboot mode and continue to flash

-Leave the phone and PC still until the process is finished.

-In the command line it will indicate that it cannot find files or partitions (ignore it)

13. Finally, the computer will restart automatically and you will be able to use it normally.

Notes:
1. If the phone after the flashing process with MSM starts up and shows the T-mobile logo, don't worry, just turn it off with the power button and connect it in fastboot mode.
2. Do not try to use it with the firmware that I install with MSM, as it will not work properly.
3. Before locking the bootloader again (if you plan to do so) first update via OTA, to the most recent version of Oxygen, otherwise the system will crash again and you will have to repeat the whole process.

Last edited:
Reactions: HueyT

scoped_ar07

Mar 26, 2021
Hi

NOTE: It only works on Windows pc

1. Unzip the contents of the RAR into a

3. Click Start

4. Connect the cell phone in EDL mode (volume up + volume down button)

5. Wait for the process to finish (it is delayed)

6. A message appears informing that the equipment is damaged, do not be careful.

7- Now you must unlock the bootloader with a command from a windows CMD window, but first you must download this ADB tool.

-Open a windows command window, in administrator mode and direct it to the path where you unzipped the ADB tool.

8. Now run this command while the cell phone is connected in Fastboot mode.

fastboo ...

Hi

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12y3lO0wIgb2_LSDeVw9x_2C_HjbgZlb_/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: Only works on Windows PC

1. Unzip the contents of the RAR into a folder

3. Click Start

5. Wait for the process to finish (it's time consuming, be patient)

6. The phone will restart automatically and a message will appear informing you that the equipment is damaged (don't be careful).

Note: The phone should automatically start in fastboot mode and show a menu, but if it doesn't and instead starts on the T-mobile screen, you must force shutdown with the power button for several seconds and then manually start it in fastboot mode. (volume up + volume down + power button)

7. Now you must unlock the bootloader with command from a windows CMD window, but first you must download this ADB tool.

-Open a windows command window, in administrator mode and direct it to the path where you unzipped the ADB tool.

-At this moment your bootloader will be unlocked.

10. Copy the ADB tool files into the folder where ROM 10.0.13 is and replace everything.

11. With the phone connected to the PC, in the command line, run the file flash-all.bat

12. When the phone restarts and the yellow and white letters appear informing that the phone is unsafe due to having the bootloader unlocked, repeatedly press the (volume down) button until a menu in Chinese appears.

-The PC will detect the phone again in fastboot mode, and continue flashing

-Leave the phone and the pc still until the process is finished.

-In the command line it will indicate that it cannot find files or partitions (don't pay attention)

13. Finally the equipment will restart automatically and you will be able to use it normally.

Notes:
1. If the phone after the flashing process with MSM starts up and shows the T-mobile logo, don't worry, just force it off with the power button and connect it in fastboot mode.
2. Do not try to use it with the firmware that I install with MSM, as it will not work properly.
3. Before blocking the bootloader again (if you plan to do it) first update via OTA, to the most recent version of Oxygen, otherwise it will crash the system again and you will have to repeat the whole process.
Oh wow that was a long and well defined post. Thank you for taking the time to type it out.

As it happens, I fixed my issue already (IDK if there's a solved flair for XDA or something?). I downloaded the latest (10.0.15) MSM Tool from the XDA page, held the vol-up and vol-down for 30 seconds this time (as per advice from discord users) got the phone into edl mode, connected to a usb 2.0 port and let msm tool do it's thing. Everything is working perfectly now.

Reactions: Stronger1101

Āryan-9909

Oct 3, 2017
OnePlus 7T
I've got the same problem but even with holding vol up+down buttons for 30 seconds I can't get into edl mode. It boots into qualcomm crashdump mode. I don't have fastboot working, I only see fastboot splash screen for a sec and then qualcomm crashdump mode appears. Could someone help?! As soon as usb cable is connected phone boots into qualcomm crashdump mode. no matter what I do.

Āryan-9909

Oct 3, 2017
OnePlus 7T
Yes, theyll just change out the motherboard
If they're going to just change the motherboard, I wonder what the EDL mode is meant for. Anyways, I won't go for motherboard change one can buy a new and better phone at that kinda price.

Anyways, I Fixed it through EDL method, you have to hold vol up and down simultaneously and immediately connect to windows (while still holding both buttons) via original USB cable. Check with Device manager if your device shows up, it's easy enough but you might have to keep trying to you get it right. Thereafter, disable driver verification in windows and if Sahara communications failed message appears in msm tool, turn off phone and repeat the procedure again.

scoped_ar07

Mar 26, 2021
I've got the same problem but even with holding vol up+down buttons for 30 seconds I can't get into edl mode. It boots into qualcomm crashdump mode. I don't have fastboot working, I only see fastboot splash screen for a sec and then qualcomm crashdump mode appears. Could someone help?! As soon as usb cable is connected phone boots into qualcomm crashdump mode. no matter what I do.
OK, so you won't get any confirmation that you're in EDL modem you just have to wing it. What I did, I first opened the MSM tool on my laptop, connected the USB side to the laptop at a USB 2.0 port, and kept the USB-C side within easy reach. I held the buttons down with one thumb for 30-35 seconds, and while still holding them down with one hand, i connected the cable to the phone and clicked enum in MSM, it showed connected so I let the buttons go, and it didn't restart. I clicked start, and it worked for me.

Āryan-9909

Oct 3, 2017
OnePlus 7T
OK, so you won't get any confirmation that you're in EDL modem you just have to wing it. What I did, I first opened the MSM tool on my laptop, connected the USB side to the laptop at a USB 2.0 port, and kept the USB-C side within easy reach. I held the buttons down with one thumb for 30-35 seconds, and while still holding them down with one hand, i connected the cable to the phone and clicked enum in MSM, it showed connected so I let the buttons go, and it didn't restart. I clicked start, and it worked for me.
You don't have to hold buttons for that long, you can immediately connect it to PC. There is usually a sound to indicate that a new device has been connected to windows, you can also keep device manager open for confirmation. This video really helped.

Reactions: HueyT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't have to hold buttons for that long, you can immediately connect it to PC. There is usually a sound to indicate that a new device has been connected to windows, you can also keep device manager open for confirmation. This video really helped.
    Hello

NOTE: only works on Windows PC

1. Unzip the contents of the RAR into a folder.

3. Click Start.

4. Connect the cell phone in EDL mode (volume up + down button)

5. Wait for the process to finish (it takes a long time, please be patient)

Note: The phone should automatically boot into fastboot mode and display a menu, but if it doesn't and instead boots to the T-mobile screen, you need to force shutdown with the power button for several seconds and then manually start it in fastboot mode. (volume up + volume down + power button)

7. Now you need to unlock the bootloader with the command from a Windows CMD window, but you need to download this ADB tool first.

-Open a Windows command window, in administrator mode and direct it to the path where you unzipped the ADB tool.

-At this time your bootloader will be unlocked.

11. With the phone connected to the PC, on the command line, run the flash-all.bat file

12. When the phone restarts and the yellow and white letters appear informing that the phone is not safe because the bootloader is unlocked, repeatedly press the (volume down) button until a menu in Chinese appears.

-PC will detect the phone again in fastboot mode and continue to flash

-Leave the phone and PC still until the process is finished.

-In the command line it will indicate that it cannot find files or partitions (ignore it)

13. Finally, the computer will restart automatically and you will be able to use it normally.

Notes:
    1. If the phone after the flashing process with MSM starts up and shows the T-mobile logo, don't worry, just turn it off with the power button and connect it in fastboot mode.
    3. Before locking the bootloader again (if you plan to do so) first update via OTA, to the most recent version of Oxygen, otherwise the system will crash again and you will have to repeat the whole process.
    Hi

NOTE: It only works on Windows pc

1. Unzip the contents of the RAR into a

3. Click Start

5. Wait for the process to finish (it is delayed)

6. A message appears informing that the equipment is damaged, do not be careful.

7- Now you must unlock the bootloader with a command from a windows CMD window, but first you must download this ADB tool.

8. Now run this command while the cell phone is connected in Fastboot mode.

fastboo ...

Hi

NOTE: Only works on Windows PC

1. Unzip the contents of the RAR into a folder

3. Click Start

5. Wait for the process to finish (it's time consuming, be patient)

Note: The phone should automatically start in fastboot mode and show a menu, but if it doesn't and instead starts on the T-mobile screen, you must force shutdown with the power button for several seconds and then manually start it in fastboot mode. (volume up + volume down + power button)

7. Now you must unlock the bootloader with command from a windows CMD window, but first you must download this ADB tool.

-At this moment your bootloader will be unlocked.

11. With the phone connected to the PC, in the command line, run the file flash-all.bat

12. When the phone restarts and the yellow and white letters appear informing that the phone is unsafe due to having the bootloader unlocked, repeatedly press the (volume down) button until a menu in Chinese appears.

-The PC will detect the phone again in fastboot mode, and continue flashing

-Leave the phone and the pc still until the process is finished.

-In the command line it will indicate that it cannot find files or partitions (don't pay attention)

13. Finally the equipment will restart automatically and you will be able to use it normally.

Notes:
    1. If the phone after the flashing process with MSM starts up and shows the T-mobile logo, don't worry, just force it off with the power button and connect it in fastboot mode.
    3. Before blocking the bootloader again (if you plan to do it) first update via OTA, to the most recent version of Oxygen, otherwise it will crash the system again and you will have to repeat the whole process.
    Oh wow that was a long and well defined post. Thank you for taking the time to type it out.

As it happens, I fixed my issue already (IDK if there's a solved flair for XDA or something?). I downloaded the latest (10.0.15) MSM Tool from the XDA page, held the vol-up and vol-down for 30 seconds this time (as per advice from discord users) got the phone into edl mode, connected to a usb 2.0 port and let msm tool do it's thing. Everything is working perfectly now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone