• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OnePlus 7T Pro (T-Mobile 5G McLaren) custom kernels

Search This thread

js042507

Jan 7, 2011
Hi. Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, I didn't see anything, but has anybody tried to run a custom kernels on the T-Mobile 5G McLaren variant yet? I see that elemental and maybe some others work on the 7T pro, so theoretically should be good on the 5G model. I want to try, as I'm curious if using a different kernel might help with the terrible battery life, but wanted to get some input. Anybody???

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi. Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, I didn't see anything, but has anybody tried to run a custom kernels on the T-Mobile 5G McLaren variant yet? I see that elemental and maybe some others work on the 7T pro, so theoretically should be good on the 5G model. I want to try, as I'm curious if using a different kernel might help with the terrible battery life, but wanted to get some input. Anybody???

If you install ex kernel manager then go to kernel updates if there's one that works will tell you to download and install

yenkoPR

Dec 4, 2011

i think theres none for the 5G mclaren, i have used some custom ones from 7t pro but as you cant mount system rw in 5G model, the kernel settings dont stick on the stock kernel and i have used custom settings from the kernel dev and i saw worst battery.

if you want battery life there is a section here that people share there own ways, and me as well, mayor battery problem is 5G, go to my profile and look my posts, i have excellent battery life but you need to disable some settings that they advertised the phone from, like 5G

DanDroidOS

Jul 26, 2009
Southern California
dandroidos.com

blu_spark works well, the oos version. It's the only one I have tried but seems great. You can even add this .json url to Franko Kernel Manager to install it and get updates through the app:)

js042507

Jan 7, 2011
blu_spark works well, the oos version. It's the only one I have tried but seems great. You can even add this .json url to Franko Kernel Manager to get updates through the app:)
Awesome. Thanks. I figured something would work, since others do on OP7T Pro models. Have you noticed any improvements in battery life though?

Top Liked Posts