• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OnePlus 7t using verizon- bootloader unlock question

Search This thread

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
Hi.

Just had high level verizon tech fix my cdma-less on my account and I have this great working phone that says T-Mobile on the init boot screen but is actually running Verizon.

Regarding unlocking the bootloader, (why do I always have to do this? I think I have a sickness... I just... cant... help it....) why would the standard fastboot unlock not work? I was thinking of trying it when I get home just to see what happens. I already have the dev/OEM unlock selected. Plus the phone says it is already unlocked for any service. Most posts are tmobile posts relying on a 7 day wait from tmobile to get a code/something... I am thinking that would not apply to me for better or worse.

I really just need root for a complete blackout theme and pull off a few bloatware tmobile apps. But it runs so good now, as is, that it really isnt imperative.

jmkarnai01

Oct 10, 2010
Middlesex, NJ
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Well yes and no about the token. I have a HD1907 working very nicely on verizon, but I'm on the global firmware and did not have to wait a week for the token.

Edit: My first oneplus phone and I'm not sure I get exactly why a lot do not like 7t but I'm really digging and loving the phone.

Last edited:

canezila

Nov 13, 2010
Orlando
Google Pixel 3a XL
OnePlus 7T
Well yes and no about the token. I have a HD1907 working very nicely on verizon, but I'm on the global firmware and did not have to wait a week for the token.

Edit: My first oneplus phone and I'm not sure I get exactly why a lot do not like 7t but I'm really digging and loving the phone.

I put in a request for the token and will wait a week. I see how it can be done as you mentioned. I am thinking I will be cool with just magisk modding the boot img and getting root that way. Keeping everything else as is. I really dig the oneplus ui.

After having a bunch of other phones throughout the years, I can say that this oneplus is just very nice. I have no complaints, just compliments. If this is how oneplus devices are then I was missing out before! *except the strange wait time for unlocking the bootloader via-oneplus*

ammmze

Apr 24, 2009
Hi.

Just had high level verizon tech fix my cdma-less on my account and I have this great working phone that says T-Mobile on the init boot screen but is actually running Verizon.

Regarding unlocking the bootloader, (why do I always have to do this? I think I have a sickness... I just... cant... help it....) why would the standard fastboot unlock not work? I was thinking of trying it when I get home just to see what happens. I already have the dev/OEM unlock selected. Plus the phone says it is already unlocked for any service. Most posts are tmobile posts relying on a 7 day wait from tmobile to get a code/something... I am thinking that would not apply to me for better or worse.

I really just need root for a complete blackout theme and pull off a few bloatware tmobile apps. But it runs so good now, as is, that it really isnt imperative.
Got any tips for getting them to activate cdma-less? Everytime I've tried they just say they don't have the option and just resort to my device not being compatible.