OnePlus 8 5G UW on Visible Wireless

Search This thread

Homestar1217

Jun 12, 2010
DFW Texas
I've been offered a pretty good deal on the Verizon version of the phone, but I don't have an IMEI to run through Visible's compatibility checker. Their website lists the 8 and 8 Pro versions as being compatible but doesn't specify any exceptions.

I'm hoping someone has tried the Verizon version of the 8 on Visible and can chime in and tell me it works fine! I will of course run the IMEI once I have the phone in my hands, but I like to know what I'm getting into ahead of time.

TIA!

I've been offered a pretty good deal on the Verizon version of the phone, but I don't have an IMEI to run through Visible's compatibility checker. Their website lists the 8 and 8 Pro versions as being compatible but doesn't specify any exceptions.

I'm hoping someone has tried the Verizon version of the 8 on Visible and can chime in and tell me it works fine! I will of course run the IMEI once I have the phone in my hands, but I like to know what I'm getting into ahead of time.

TIA!
Considering verizon owns visible, your probably fine. Give me a min and I'll run my imei through it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200909-204953.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-204953.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 117

Homestar1217

Jun 12, 2010
DFW Texas

You are awesome! Thank you for checking. I can buy the unlocked one, but I'd like to have the option for Verizon 5G if Visible offers it at some point or I switch back to Verizon.

You'd think that Verizon phones would have no problem working on Visible, but I have many and literally none of them work. My main driver is also a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and it works flawlessly on Verizon but will not even hint at connecting to Visible.

You are awesome! Thank you for checking. I can buy the unlocked one, but I'd like to have the option for Verizon 5G if Visible offers it at some point or I switch back to Verizon.

You'd think that Verizon phones would have no problem working on Visible, but I have many and literally none of them work. My main driver is also a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and it works flawlessly on Verizon but will not even hint at connecting to Visible.

I bet if you where to put a visible sim in, then update your apn settings it would. Does the Xiaomi have a CDMA radio in it?

Last edited:

Homestar1217

Jun 12, 2010
DFW Texas
I bet if you where to put a visible sim in, then update your apn settings it would. Does the Xiaomi have a CDMA radio in it?

Yeah I've tried everything. Anything I could find that gave me a chance to get it working I tried, but no luck. My wife's iPhone is already on Visible so I've been using her SIM to test with.

It's ok though. I'm happy to upgrade to the new phone for a good deal, sign up for a cheaper plan and also gain the option for 5G.

sameog

Apr 21, 2010
San Francisco
Yeah I've tried everything. Anything I could find that gave me a chance to get it working I tried, but no luck. My wife's iPhone is already on Visible so I've been using her SIM to test with.

It's ok though. I'm happy to upgrade to the new phone for a good deal, sign up for a cheaper plan and also gain the option for 5G.

I just heard visible is now supporting oneplus 8. It's now on their web site.