• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Oneplus 8 fastboot only

Search This thread

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
I have a t mobile variant that is sim unlocked and bootloader unlocked.
I wanted to convert to a Global version however it failed because I apparently had the wrong oem software.
I used all in one tool which worked great for everything else I needed but here is the problem; I can only boot into fastboot mode and crashdump mode. When using all in one tool I chose to wipe the device before installing the new software
I also cannot get into EDL Mode to use the Msmdownload tool even though the correct drivers are installed to use this tool.
Anyway out of this? Thanks...
Aslo; I have tried fastboot commands with no luck...

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
You need to msm using edl. If you are bl unlocked, flash a custom ROM to get booted and maybe try again using proper tool?

Also, try different USB ports, cables, etc. You should be able to boot into edl with hw keys and connect to msmtool

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
As I stated I can not get into edl, I tried all the the other things also, cables, ports. I did not know I could have flashed a custom rom at this point, phone was not rooted either...
Oneplus has it now for repair, they are about 300 miles from me, or the service center is?

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
As I stated I can not get into edl, I tried all the the other things also, cables, ports. I did not know I could have flashed a custom rom at this point, phone was not rooted either...
Oneplus has it now for repair, they are about 300 miles from me, or the service center is?
Not sure if you got this fixed but boot into fastboot, the use "fastboot boot" to boot into AICP Recovery. Within recovery eanble ADB, then "adb reboot edl". EDL mode is just a black screen and your phone will exit it and try to boot after a few seconds if the drivers are not installed so its easy to miss. If your phone can boot into fastboot it can boot into EDL.

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
I do not see that feature listed? Phone would not boot into normal recovery, it went right back into fastboot.
124.jpg

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
OnePlus repaired my device for nothing which is nice however It's now sim locked and at first try T-mobile says this device does not qualify for unlock!!! T-mobile also said they are looking into it because it was previously unlocked and it may take a week to get a reply.
I called OnePlus and their response was it's not our problem (more or less) I sent them a unlocked phone and they completely ignored my request to load the global software on this device, they did what they wanted to, they could have contacted me at any time..THANK YOU OnePlus.