Oneplus 8 or Oneplus 8 pro?

Search This thread

Nickinfinity

Dec 13, 2017
Guys I am really confused between buying oneplus 8 or 8 pro. I cant go to stores to checkout both the devices and relying on your reviews for my purchase. I personally like the form factor of op8 and have an appreciation for compact devices overall. I am mainly concerned about the display quality(primarily), 120 vs 90 Hz, camera quality and haptic feedback and does it make a diff in real life. I have watched reviews about the battery life too and op 8 has significantly lesser SOT than 8 pro. If any of you guys have both devices please post some images and your feelings about the devices or feelings about op8 in general.
My usage varies from using social media, video calling, browsing web, lite gaming, and reading a lot of books and watching youtube(not movies).
Please exclude the price factor while giving your valuable opinions.

PS - Asking it here because of software updates improving the devices continuously. No youtuber can factor in those changes.

Last edited:

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
I dont think you will find many people who have both devices. My experience of the OP8 is that the 90hz refresh is great. No issues at all. Camera quality works OK for me coming from a OP5. There is no doubt that the OP8 Pro will have a better camera but how much better? I would bet most people can't tell the difference in picture quality, so then it comes down to what features do you want. Haptic feedback seems OK to me.

Is the OP8 that much more compact? Look at them side by side, there's not much of a difference. My OP8 is fine to hold. I've bought a flip case so I can let it stand in landscape mode to watch movies.

Both devices are getting regular s/w updates.

I know you didn't want to talk about price, but honestly, I think it's the deciding factor - that and the extra features of the rear cameras. There's not much else that differentiates the two.

Alan

Reactions: Nickinfinity

bkeaver

Isnt the size of 8pro too big? and what about the battery life
Really and truly the size isn't that much different to be concerned with. As for battery I was running qhd at 120 and was still getting around 4 to 5 hours on screen time which imo isn't bad considering the resolution and refresh rate. If you went down to fhd at 120Hz I'd get like 5 to 6 and if I ran it at 60Hz I'd get 6+ depending on which resolution.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?

I used both, its safe for me to say in terms of performance, battery life and screen refresh, I didn't notice any difference. What did it for me though is the size, the 8 regular is definitely more comfortable to hold and I have big hands. Also the £200 difference couldn't be justified!

Nickinfinity

Dec 13, 2017
I used both, its safe for me to say in terms of performance, battery life and screen refresh, I didn't notice any difference. What did it for me though is the size, the 8 regular is definitely more comfortable to hold and I have big hands. Also the £200 difference couldn't be justified!

Did u get to test the camera? Also what do you think about the display quality of both the devices in real life.

Is the 8 pro the only with wireless charging? I like that feature because its less wear and tear on the USB plug, every wireless charging phone I had always kept a tighter USB connection , berter when using for data transfer. all phones I have had without wireless charging eventually end up getting less stable / lose USB connections. Motorola use to have a lot of wireless charging phones then they stopped adding them.
The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about buying one, I didn't notice a finger print scanner or expandable micro SD card slot when I skimmed over the specs. Are these missing?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont think you will find many people who have both devices. My experience of the OP8 is that the 90hz refresh is great. No issues at all. Camera quality works OK for me coming from a OP5. There is no doubt that the OP8 Pro will have a better camera but how much better? I would bet most people can't tell the difference in picture quality, so then it comes down to what features do you want. Haptic feedback seems OK to me.

Is the OP8 that much more compact? Look at them side by side, there's not much of a difference. My OP8 is fine to hold. I've bought a flip case so I can let it stand in landscape mode to watch movies.

Both devices are getting regular s/w updates.

I know you didn't want to talk about price, but honestly, I think it's the deciding factor - that and the extra features of the rear cameras. There's not much else that differentiates the two.

Alan
    I've had both. If I had it to do it all over again I would have kept the 8 pro. Don't get me wrong the 8 is a good phone but the pro is so much better imo

Really and truly the size isn't that much different to be concerned with. As for battery I was running qhd at 120 and was still getting around 4 to 5 hours on screen time which imo isn't bad considering the resolution and refresh rate. If you went down to fhd at 120Hz I'd get like 5 to 6 and if I ran it at 60Hz I'd get 6+ depending on which resolution.