Oneplus 8 PRO 90HZ mode display?!

Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Not really its close or comparable in most areas just not good for long heavy gaming

you're talking about the exynos? Are you serious?

Nah mate, couldn't disagree more, they're polar opposites.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

So you can not activate the 90 hz on oneplus 8 pro?

actually i think 90hz will get done, either 1+ will do it or someone on XDA.

Reuben_skelz92

Feb 20, 2016
OPPO Find X5 Pro
you're talking about the exynos? Are you serious?

Nah mate, couldn't disagree more, they're polar opposites.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

actually i think 90hz will get done, either 1+ will do it or someone on XDA.
Just read an article on them both and every day performance etc is similar its the gpu that's better in the 865

kumar abhishek

Jan 6, 2012
Dhuri, Punjab
Just read an article on them both and every day performance etc is similar its the gpu that's better in the 865

Here is what Anandtech has to say about it

The performance differences aren’t that big an issue, the elephant in the room is the fact that the Exynos chip here requires double the energy to achieve slightly lower performance to its competitor. That’s massively disappointing and quite worrying for the Exynos 990 based Galaxy S20’s

Meanwhile it feels like SLSI squandered 5 years in the SoC market with handicapped products that didn’t deliver on their goals, with the Exynos 9810 and now the Exynos 990 being quite the large disasters.

I hope this clears everything.

Reactions: Batfink33

Reuben_skelz92

Feb 20, 2016
OPPO Find X5 Pro

The performance differences aren’t that big an issue, the elephant in the room is the fact that the Exynos chip here requires double the energy to achieve slightly lower performance to its competitor. That’s massively disappointing and quite worrying for the Exynos 990 based Galaxy S20’s

Meanwhile it feels like SLSI squandered 5 years in the SoC market with handicapped products that didn’t deliver on their goals, with the Exynos 9810 and now the Exynos 990 being quite the large disasters.

While its true just saying with updates people are getting good battery. I'm still testing mine so won't hold my breath lol

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2

Deleted

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No that's not true mate. The OnePlus 8 Pro has a different panel..it's a hardware change..

That being said, a 90Hz refresh rate should be possible.

The s20 ultra users had a similar question and a 96Hz mode was created, by Samsung iirc not 90.

It would be a nice addition to the device. Personally I don't need it, I've been hitting 8-9 hours each charge with FHD 120, but I'd certainly try it if it was available.

Why don't you try the ADB command and see if it works.

I tried the same command as for S20 and it enables the 60hz.
    If you have some adb command to try for the 90 or 96hz, please write them here.

I am not changing phones between Oneplus 8 Pro and S20Ultra because the Oneplus 8 Pro camera is way better than S20Ultra, unfortunatelly for S20Ultra which has the flat display which I do like.
    OneUi is better than oos?..

1,000,000,000% better. Lmfao

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

The PROS for S20Ultra:
    - flat display
    - Samsung OneUI
    - Samsung shortcuts
    - Samsung Themes
    - Samsung apps compatibility

The CONS for S20Ultra:
    - Exynos chipset
    - Bad camera for both pictures and videos
    - Quickly heating up
    - Poor performance and lags when it's heated up

If OnePlus have had flat display and actual theme engine, it would have been rock solid..

Oh you've had a nightmare mate, what are you talking about?

One UI? Compared to OnePlus launcher? Cmon man, that's insanity to even breath that it's anywhere close to better.

OnePlus hands down.

Shortcuts? Nope.
    Themes? Lol nope

Samsung apps??? Why would you want to use Samsung apps? The only one worth anything is the browser which I'm using with sync to Firefox.

OnePlus doesn't need a theme engine, plus you have a little app called substratum, if you can't make a theme from substratum then you need help.

I'm not going to comment on the other things because they speak for themselves.

To put it plainly, anybody anywhere in the world who would finance Samsung when they practice ripping off half the globe whilst the other half gets a superior chipset and then pass it off as being pro active is a part of the problem, Samsung deserve to be hit very very hard for what they've been doing since the Galaxy S3, the Exynos is horrific and always has been and always will be, I would love them to release another device with the Exynos in it.

I wouldn't think of comparing that turd of a device in the same sentence as the OnePlus 8 Pro.

They're not in the same league.

I'll give the ultra one pro, the zoom on the US version, that is it.
    We have one global setting which controls this:
    oneplus_screen_refresh_rate

It's set to 1 when you run 60hz, and 2 when you run 120hz.
    I haven't found anything else in settings that differ when you change refresh rate. :/
    1,000,000,000% better. Lmfao

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Oh you've had a nightmare mate, what are you talking about?

One UI? Compared to OnePlus launcher? Cmon man, that's insanity to even breath that it's anywhere close to better.

OnePlus hands down.

Shortcuts? Nope.
    Themes? Lol nope

Samsung apps??? Why would you want to use Samsung apps? The only one worth anything is the browser which I'm using with sync to Firefox.

OnePlus doesn't need a theme engine, plus you have a little app called substratum, if you can't make a theme from substratum then you need help.

I'm not going to comment on the other things because they speak for themselves.

To put it plainly, anybody anywhere in the world who would finance Samsung when they practice ripping off half the globe whilst the other half gets a superior chipset and then pass it off as being pro active is a part of the problem, Samsung deserve to be hit very very hard for what they've been doing since the Galaxy S3, the Exynos is horrific and always has been and always will be, I would love them to release another device with the Exynos in it.

I wouldn't think of comparing that turd of a device in the same sentence as the OnePlus 8 Pro.

They're not in the same league.

I'll give the ultra one pro, the zoom on the US version, that is it.
    You just sound like a blind fanboy mate
    You just sound like a blind fanboy mate

Not blind, just spent more money on phones than the average household and felt more of a pinch when phones didn't deliver, like the ultra.

I have a right to be annoyed, when you've had 2-3 phones a year for a decade perhaps you'll feel the same or appreciate how I feel.

Until then, I'll just put my middle finger up and drink this beer.