ONEPLUS 8 PRO BRICKED RANDOMLY ( DID NOT ROOT OR EVEN ATTEMPT TO DO SO)

mxhesh.__

Jan 9, 2021
My OnePlus 8 Pro (Around 1-2 months since purchase) was functioning normally till today. Suddenly the mic stopped working. So I restarted the phone and it said system ui isn't responding and got crashed and bricked. It restarted after 20 minutes and then I tried resetting the device because my mic and speaker weren't working and it got bricked again. I AM REPEATING, I DID NOT DO ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THIS. What is the reason? I'm taking it to the official store to get my is flashed, but what caused this?

golf60

Aug 5, 2010
My OnePlus 8 Pro (Around 1-2 months since purchase) was functioning normally till today. Suddenly the mic stopped working. So I restarted the phone and it said system ui isn't responding and got crashed and bricked. It restarted after 20 minutes and then I tried resetting the device because my mic and speaker weren't working and it got bricked again. I AM REPEATING, I DID NOT DO ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THIS. What is the reason? I'm taking it to the official store to get my is flashed, but what caused this?
Wrong Forum. Go to queations area

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
It can happen, it's rare and more than likely just rotten luck.

Boot to recovery and wipe system or attempt a safe mode boot. If that works then just reboot once more and hopefully it'll go through.

1st safe mode
2nd recovery- wipe system
3rd full wipe or MSM

Reactions: reilus

reilus

Feb 22, 2011
It can happen, it's rare and more than likely just rotten luck.

Boot to recovery and wipe system or attempt a safe mode boot. If that works then just reboot once more and hopefully it'll go through.

1st safe mode
2nd recovery- wipe system
3rd full wipe or MSM
Is this a hardware problem or do we have some percentage chance that, one day, our phones will just be possessed by the evil demon BRICKAMORE who runs around, bricking innocent phones? =P

I'm trying to make light of this, but is this a hardware or software thing? With the prices of OnePlus rising, I'm going to start thinking about how much trouble the 9T is actually worth.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Is this a hardware problem or do we have some percentage chance that, one day, our phones will just be possessed by the evil demon BRICKAMORE who runs around, bricking innocent phones? =P

I'm trying to make light of this, but is this a hardware or software thing? With the prices of OnePlus rising, I'm going to start thinking about how much trouble the 9T is actually worth.

Haha yea eventually, but i'm sure you've got an old cripple of a phone in a draw somewhere which simply won't die, i've still got a Desire HD running the HTC One software, it's still perfectly in order, even the battery lasts a day :D

I'd say 80% of failures are software, maybe more but won't be by much.

Very much a zipf's law ratio i think.

I think also the thread was shifted from somewhere else.

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
can you boot back into mic and speaker not working state and unlock bootloader?

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
need 5 mins only. you need click 7x build number in settings and about phone and you will see dev Options at settings and enable USB debugging and oem unlock. then boot to fastboot and fastboot oem unlock.

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
quote from this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ting-from-start-to-finish-android-10.4151823/
Obtaining ADB access to your device using your computer

1. Connect your phone to your computer using the cable that you charge it with

2. Allow it to see the device, if it automatically installs the driver (which it should) then you're good to go, if not then install the driver you can obtain from the drive which will appear on screen within "This PC" (i won't detail this as it's pretty self explanatory)

3. On your phone Open settings and navigate to "About phone"

4. Click "Build number" several times (5) then enter your PIN, this will enable "Developer Options"

5. Back out, then click "System"

6. Scroll down to "Developer Options" and open it.

7. Scroll down to "USB Debugging" and turn it on (if at this point you are prompted with a dialogue box asking for authorization then please check the box and allow it, also turn on) also turn on "OEM Unlocking" in the same section and agree to any prompts.

8. On your computer Download this folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S-yNzdvOvdZzPuxhYuEuwnelzfdEd0K2?usp=sharing

This is adb and fastboot so you can talk to your phone via your PC.

9. Move it to the root of the C: drive, so it looks like this in the filepath

C:\Android

10. Navigate to the folder and perform the following:

i) Hold shift and right click an empty space within the folder
ii) Click "Open Powershell Window here" or "Open a Command prompt Windows here"
iii) A black or blue window will appear with some text

11. In the window type the following command

adb devices
press enter

If you are now prompted with an authorization dialogue on your phone, please check the box and allow it.

You should see a readout of a device followed by a code, you now have ADB access and can continue.

Unlocking the bootloader

NOTE* THIS WILL WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DEVICE, IT'S UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO BACK UP OR NOT. I WOULD RECOMMEND DOING SO

1. Connect your phone to your computer

2. On your computer Navigate to C:\Android

3. Type the following command into the window

adb reboot bootloader
press enter

On your phone

i) Your phone will reboot and show you a screen with 3 language choices, Choose "English" then "Advanced" and finally "Reboot to fastboot" and "Reboot to fastboot"
ii) You'll see a screen appear on your phone with some text, at the top you'll see the word "START" in green, you're now in Fastboot

4. On your computer Type the following command into the window

fastboot oem unlock
press enter

NOTE* THIS IS THE PART THAT WIPES YOUR PHONE IF YOU WANT TO BACK OUT, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO SO, ONCE STARTED DO NOT DISCONNECT THE CABLE OR FORCE A SHUTDOWN FOR ANY REASON THIS COULD RESULT IN A BRICKED DEVICE

5. Your phone will warn you and go through a set of screens, please agree and move forward until the device reboots

You have just unlocked the bootloader to your phone

Once the device has booted, set it up again and then follow the steps to unlock "developer options" and "USB Debugging" once more.

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Obtaining ADB access to your device using your computer

1. Connect your phone to your computer using the cable that you charge it with

2. Allow it to see the device, if it automatically installs the driver (which it should) then you're good to go, if not then install the driver you can obtain from the drive which will appear on screen within "This PC" (i won't detail this as it's pretty self explanatory)

3. On your phone Open settings and navigate to "About phone"

4. Click "Build number" several times (5) then enter your PIN, this will enable "Developer Options"

5. Back out, then click "System"

6. Scroll down to "Developer Options" and open it.

7. Scroll down to "USB Debugging" and turn it on (if at this point you are prompted with a dialogue box asking for authorization then please check the box and allow it, also turn on) also turn on "OEM Unlocking" in the same section and agree to any prompts.

8. On your computer Download this folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S-yNzdvOvdZzPuxhYuEuwnelzfdEd0K2?usp=sharing

This is adb and fastboot so you can talk to your phone via your PC.

9. Move it to the root of the C: drive, so it looks like this in the filepath

C:\Android

10. Navigate to the folder and perform the following:

11. In the window type the following command

adb devices
press enter

If you are now prompted with an authorization dialogue on your phone, please check the box and allow it.

You should see a readout of a device followed by a code, you now have ADB access and can continue.

Unlocking the bootloader

NOTE* THIS WILL WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DEVICE, IT'S UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO BACK UP OR NOT. I WOULD RECOMMEND DOING SO

1. Connect your phone to your computer

2. On your computer Navigate to C:\Android

3. Type the following command into the window

adb reboot bootloader
press enter

On your phone

i) Your phone will reboot and show you a screen with 3 language choices, Choose "English" then "Advanced" and finally "Reboot to fastboot" and "Reboot to fastboot"
ii) You'll see a screen appear on your phone with some text, at the top you'll see the word "START" in green, you're now in Fastboot

4. On your computer Type the following command into the window

fastboot oem unlock
press enter

NOTE* THIS IS THE PART THAT WIPES YOUR PHONE IF YOU WANT TO BACK OUT, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO SO, ONCE STARTED DO NOT DISCONNECT THE CABLE OR FORCE A SHUTDOWN FOR ANY REASON THIS COULD RESULT IN A BRICKED DEVICE

5. Your phone will warn you and go through a set of screens, please agree and move forward until the device reboots

You have just unlocked the bootloader to your phone

Once the device has booted, set it up again and then follow the steps to unlock "developer options" and "USB Debugging" once more.
This looks a lot like the content from my guide?

Luckily you made that 2nd post.

I'm pretty certain the OP doesn't want to unlock his bootloader, he seems like a casual. Or retired /amateur / flasher.

This chap hasn't unlocked his bootloader none of what's posted would make any matter.

He needs a system wipe or a full system, at worst an MSM

PS: I appreciate you using my guide even though I saw your first post before the quote.

I'm sure you had every intention of mentioning it

Last edited:

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
This looks a lot like the content from my guide?

Luckily you made that 2nd post

This chap hasn't unlocked his bootloader none of what's posted would make any matter.

He needs a system wipe or a full system
maybe a full battery drain will work and boot temporarly back to system

Reactions: dladz