OnePlus 8 Pro China - Global ROM ?

Search This thread

Livlander

Sep 19, 2007
Hi there,

Sorry if I am not asking my question in the right forum section.

I just got my hands on a OnePlus 8 Pro Chinese version (I actually live in China). It came free, so I don't complain, but it came with ColorOS 13.
Any pointer to the proper methodology to flash it with OxygenOS ?

For information, it is a IN2020, with 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM, Snapdragon 865, running ColorOS 13.

Thanks,
Liv.

Last edited:

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Thanks. I had seen this thread before, and I will give it a shot. Thing is, I'll need to root my device to backup the persist partition, and I cannot find a clear way about how to do this. I'll dig in the forum some more.

Liv.
You do not need root to back up anything on your device. The MSM Tool can provide that feature at your disposal.

Livlander

Sep 19, 2007
You do not need root to back up anything on your device. The MSM Tool can provide that feature at your disposal.
In the thread you pointed, it's said :
"As this happened on OnePlus 8 Pro, it is advised to take backup of /persist partition before crossflashing (eg going from International to Indian build) as fingerprint reader may give an error related to enrollment issue. You can do so by using dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img (you must have root access, which is not something I'm going to explain here) and moving it to your computer/cloud."

Seems to me that root is needed.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
"As this happened on OnePlus 8 Pro, it is advised to take backup of /persist partition before crossflashing (eg going from International to Indian build) as fingerprint reader may give an error related to enrollment issue. You can do so by using dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img (you must have root access, which is not something I'm going to explain here) and moving it to your computer/cloud."

MSM Readback Mode.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010

DEL

Top Liked Posts