• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

oneplus 8 pro crashdump/fastboot brick, again

Search This thread

Bosozoku_Volvo

May 31, 2015
i know there are a ton of discussions on this but it seems that every thread just dies off and nothing in depth gets discussed. oneplus is useless in this, and it also figures that the phone would wait for me to pay it off before it self bricks for no reason.

i know im gonna have to wipe it at some point, but i REALLY need to get some data off of it. the bootloader claims its locked when i know i unlocked it forever ago, and nothing that fastboot offers is doing anything for me. i cant use oem unlock, i cant flash anything to it, and unlike earlier today, multiple reboots no longer bring it back to life.

so, is there a way i can force this paperweight to take a dirty software load? or can i get fastboot to dump all my data into a folder or something? i havent been around really since the CM days, and Im very sure I simply cannot search for the right terms in the right places.

ive also made posts in the xda and oneplus discords with little reply (it is late in the US so im not overly surprised about that at all.

Bosozoku_Volvo

May 31, 2015
as an update, it booted into recovery this morning, i backed everything, unlocked the bootloader, and got about 5 hours out of it.

after getting fastboot to finish the oem unlock, i tried flashing twrp recovery which did nothing, flashed carbon, which did nothing, used the MSMdownload tool, which has done nothing but relock the bootloader again. im at a huge loss here.

is this motherboard level?

Reactions: galaxys

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Alright mate. Sounds like you're having a mare.

Personally I haven't had a single bootloop besides, OnePlus do provide tools that a lot of companies don't, like MSM, so be grateful for that. Plus it's super easy to unlock and relock the bootloader, also OnePlus will allow you to retain warranty even if it has been unlocked.

So go easy on OnePlus. Believe me it could be worse, naming no names.........

Samsung. LG, Motorola, Sony, apple.

As for your issue, when and how did it bootloop, it is quite rare for a phone to simply behave that way on its own

Are you / were you rooted?

Did you confirm that the bootloader was unlocked? If you're rooted then I think that confirms that you did.

The only way I know of to relock the bootloader is the fastboot command to relock and or the MSM tool.

So can you fill in the gaps as to how you managed to get there??

Finally, if you are indeed bootloader locked and unable to get into your device then yep you're screwed, however you could wipe system from recovery, this will nuke your apps, but your storage will remain intact .

So if that suits your needs then go for it.

Let me know about the bootloader before you commit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as an update, it booted into recovery this morning, i backed everything, unlocked the bootloader, and got about 5 hours out of it.

after getting fastboot to finish the oem unlock, i tried flashing twrp recovery which did nothing, flashed carbon, which did nothing, used the MSMdownload tool, which has done nothing but relock the bootloader again. im at a huge loss here.

is this motherboard level?