[Oneplus 8 Pro EU] DOwngrade from Oxygen 13 to Oxygen 11

Search This thread

tekno281

Sep 19, 2017
Hi guys,
i recived an almost new Oneplus 8 Pro updated to the last versione of Oxygen 13 and i want to go back to the Oxygen 11. I downloaded the firmware from the official thread and i downloaded the .zip for the EU Version(IN2023). How can i install the firmware? Thourght the phone or via adb, is there a guide? I would linke to go from 13->11 but is can follow more steps and go 13->12->11. Thanks

Reactions: Ev0luti0n_

weado

Dec 6, 2022
Hello,
Why do you want to rollback ? OxygenOS 13 doesn't work ? Did work with MSM ?

tekno281

Sep 19, 2017
Hello,
Hi i haven't tried yet because i have to backup everything. Oxygen 13 is much better than 12 but is still a colors os and i don't like the ui. I roll back because i don't like the interface, the new dialer and the missing features. Hope i helped you

Reactions: weado

weado

Dec 6, 2022
The same : I upgraded to O12 but I had to downgrade because I lost some features. Do you have some feedback about O13 on Oneplus 8 Pro ?

tekno281

Sep 19, 2017
The same : I upgraded to O12 but I had to downgrade because I lost some features. Do you have some feedback about O13 on Oneplus 8 Pro ?
Hi as i said Oxygen 13 is much better than Oxygen 12 but of course is a ColorOS so you will lose the same features but is optimized better. During these two weeks i didn't find any bugs, simply i don't like it. The only negative thing is that objectively the battery life is worse than Oxygen 11

ghosts82

Jan 22, 2014
I am thinking of doing this too. First this 8 pro was the greatest phone ever. Then I, like an idiot updated to Android 12. It was pure crap. All those permission askin and even the alarm clock. I wish they would have gone to stock android rather that ****.
13 is better than 12 but I still think the main thing is that 11 was much more simple and, well worked . My work phone has that.

Main questions are
can we go straight from 13 to 11?
Is there a guide on that already?

Some good youtube videos on going from 13 to 12 and 12 to 11, but not about 13 to eleven.

Oh, one more question!!!
Can you remove the update notification (update to 12?) from android 11?? Work phone op 8 has that.

Thanks!

Last edited:

tekno281

Sep 19, 2017
Hi, sorry for the delay but the holidays and work made me busy during this time. I rolled back following the guide. It has been almost simple and now i have a real oxygen. probably in the future i have to update or replace my phone but for now i'm good. The wordt part was doing backup because it has been really slow due the type c transfer. Hope to be helpfull! :)

tekno281

Sep 19, 2017
I am thinking of doing this too. First this 8 pro was the greatest phone ever. Then I, like an idiot updated to Android 12. It was pure crap. All those permission askin and even the alarm clock. I wish they would have gone to stock android rather that ****.
13 is better than 12 but I still think the main thing is that 11 was much more simple and, well worked . My work phone has that.

Main questions are

Some good youtube videos on going from 13 to 12 and 12 to 11, but not about 13 to eleven.

Oh, one more question!!!
Can you remove the update notification (update to 12?) from android 11?? Work phone op 8 has that.

Thanks!
I did step by step. 13 -> 12 and 12 -> 11. It has been a bit more tricky but worked and this is the most imporant thing. For the notification i saw that if you go con system update, press look for update and instantely close settings. The notification will disappear until you turn off or reboot. You can make this operation whenever you want to let the notification disappear

Reactions: ghosts82

ghosts82

Jan 22, 2014
I did this the hard way also. But yeah, for now. The Android 11 is working smooth!! JUST REMEMBER TO BACKUP EVERYTHING!!!! [and make sure you have 3.0 usb-wire otherwise it is slow as hell (the red one isn't)]

First 13>12 with this video:

and secondly 12>11 with this:
HereI had problems. The local update (downgrade" file failed to verify with the app on the video. So I used "OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk"for the downgrade file

Then lasty I updated to the newest version of android 11 with local update. Files from the very bottom of the site

For the notification i saw that if you go con system update, press look for update and instantely close settings. The notification will disappear until you turn off or reboot
Thanks, this worked. Though this is a some what welcome hint. Still looking for the final solution to get rid of that notification.
Anyone, please?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    i recived an almost new Oneplus 8 Pro updated to the last versione of Oxygen 13 and i want to go back to the Oxygen 11. I downloaded the firmware from the official thread and i downloaded the .zip for the EU Version(IN2023). How can i install the firmware? Thourght the phone or via adb, is there a guide? I would linke to go from 13->11 but is can follow more steps and go 13->12->11. Thanks
    Hello,
    Hi i haven't tried yet because i have to backup everything. Oxygen 13 is much better than 12 but is still a colors os and i don't like the ui. I roll back because i don't like the interface, the new dialer and the missing features. Hope i helped you

Main questions are

Oh, one more question!!!

Thanks!
    I did step by step. 13 -> 12 and 12 -> 11. It has been a bit more tricky but worked and this is the most imporant thing. For the notification i saw that if you go con system update, press look for update and instantely close settings. The notification will disappear until you turn off or reboot. You can make this operation whenever you want to let the notification disappear