[OnePlus 8 Pro][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

nnwwtt

Aug 9, 2016
I have the OP8. I just posted the steps here, because it was affecting the OP8 and OP8 Pro. Send a screenshot of your about device and then the Up to date. It should say Official Version. What version does it say you are on? C.33 or C.21?
Ah, sorry. The pro link is the one I have.

Another oddity: fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability returns 0, which would be false. But I can flash & root just fine, and fastboot flashing unlock/unlock_critical returns "Device already : unlocked!"

Attachments

• Clipboard.jpg
    Clipboard.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 65

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
Ah, sorry. The pro link is the one I have.

Another oddity: fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability returns 0, which would be false. But I can flash & root just fine, and fastboot flashing unlock/unlock_critical returns "Device already : unlocked!"
All the fastboot commands have to be successful. Did any of the fastboot command failed? You are on the C.21 and are trying to flash the C.33?

Reactions: nnwwtt

nnwwtt

Aug 9, 2016
All the fastboot commands have to be successful. Did any of the fastboot command failed?
I haven't been able to proceed past…
fastboot flash abl abl.img
… due to it aborting with "Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions."

I've been able to get fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability return 1 (allowed) again (I forgot I had disabled bootloader unlock again in the dev options after rooting), but fastboot flashing unlock_critical, which *should* make that error go away, still returns "already unlocked".

You are on the C.21 and are trying to flash the C.33?
Unfortunately it's not actually C.21, there is some bug in C.20's full install script for the European version that made itself falsely install as C.21.

nnwwtt

Aug 9, 2016
All the fastboot commands have to be successful. Did any of the fastboot command failed? You are on the C.21 and are trying to flash the C.33?
Oh, I'm an oaf. I thought after…
fastboot reboot fastboot
… I'm supposed to enter fastboot via Advanced again, not stay in fastbootd. Now abl can flash. I'll do the rest and report back.

Sorry!

*edit:* Well darn. Commands succeeded (except the DDR5 ones, not found on device), but now the device only boots into recovery.

Last edited:

nnwwtt

Aug 9, 2016
Well, that was a ride. I'm finally on C.33 now and connectivity is restored, thank you very much!

Notes:
  • I had tried to first flash C.21 (by accident, wrong folder). I got exactly the same messages as later when flashing C.33, but the device wouldn't boot.
  • If I may, some changes to your manual:
    • Maybe a note that people need to remain in the initial fastbootd – not enter the advanced/basic fastboot – would be good. The latter will fail over the locked partitions.
    • I'd add some linebreaks to the fastboot flash xbl* lines, so really nobody bricks their device by flashing the wrong variant.
    • I'd also put the DD5 xbl* lines in brackets since they don't actually apply and the commands will fail.
  • I got "invalid sparse file format at header magic" for each of the bigger/split img files, but it is a harmless warning.

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
Well, that was a ride. I'm finally on C.33 now and connectivity is restored, thank you very much!

Notes:
  • I had tried to first flash C.21 (by accident, wrong folder). I got exactly the same messages as later when flashing C.33, but the device wouldn't boot.
  • If I may, some changes to your manual:
    • Maybe a note that people need to remain in the initial fastbootd – not enter the advanced/basic fastboot – would be good. The latter will fail over the locked partitions.
    • I'd add some linebreaks to the fastboot flash xbl* lines, so really nobody bricks their device by flashing the wrong variant.
    • I'd also put the DD5 xbl* lines in brackets since they don't actually apply and the commands will fail.
  • I got "invalid sparse file format at header magic" for each of the bigger/split img files, but it is a harmless warning.
Glad it worked out.... I have been in your place trying to fix the mess OnePlus did with labelling C.20 with C.21. It helps going back and forth with troubleshooting with someone, because it just helps processing the situation.

Reactions: nnwwtt

stegg

Aug 29, 2008
Milan
Check this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-oxygenos-12-c-21-update-for-oneplus-8-pro-eu.4473009/

I'm installing C.33 now after Local update refused to verify both C.21 and C.33 because of C.20.

Edit: install went fine 👌
what are the exact steps you made?
I edited the file with 7zip as stated in the post, but my system updater (3 dots) stops with error "unable to verify update file"
I am currently with c20 EU version, Oneplus 8pro

jimger

Dec 13, 2012
Cambridge,UK
OnePlus 8 Pro
Copy the file out of zip, change the value and copy it back to the zip. All apps I tried, failed to save the actual change from loading from the zip. So with copy and paste file back to the zip it worked

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
what are the exact steps you made?
I edited the file with 7zip as stated in the post, but my system updater (3 dots) stops with error "unable to verify update file"
I am currently with c20 EU version, Oneplus 8pro
See reply above. I modified it using Total commander. All other apps failed 😂

stegg

Aug 29, 2008
Milan
Thank you both, but still unsuccessful.
I extracted the file with 7zip, edited it and rezipped (and verified it's written!), but my phone still says "verify failed", as if it expects some checksum somewhere.
I will try to update to c21 first, then Total Commander.
BTW I have root, don't know if it's relevant

edit, where hell is c21 for op8pro? first post doesn't list it

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Thank you both, but still unsuccessful.
I extracted the file with 7zip, edited it and rezipped (and verified it's written!), but my phone still says "verify failed", as if it expects some checksum somewhere.
I will try to update to c21 first, then Total Commander.
BTW I have root, don't know if it's relevant

edit, where hell is c21 for op8pro? first post doesn't list it
Are you using the 3 dot menu from Settings - About - (Up to date) OR the System update app? You have to manually install the latter. It shouldn't matter if you go C20 to C33 directly.
However, the program you use to modify the text file can matter. Use Notepad++ if you're on a pc and if you use your phone I suggest using Total commanders built-in editor.

System update app link: https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk

This will install as a standalone System Update app, open it and tap the 3-dot menu and tap Local update.

Reactions: stegg

stegg

Aug 29, 2008
Milan
Dang, I did it! I tried several combinations of the above, and the only one that worked was:

1. download C33 via oxygen updater - advanced mode
2. copy update zip file to PC
3. edit payload_properties.txt with Total Commander (can't believe it!)
4. copy zip file back to phone
5. install the update via OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk
6. reflash magisk (whithin magisk manager) in the inactive slot and reboot

now I am on C33, kept root, and am keeping phone (I was on the verge to throw away everything and purchase a S22+)

thank you all

(edit, this applied to my IN2023 with C20 that refused tu update to C21/C33)

Last edited:

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
New update link:
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 12.1 C.33 GLO (IN2025)

System

• Improves system stability for some scenarios.
• Fixes an issue where fingerprint unlock might be slow to respond.
• Optimizes the experience of fingerprint unlocking.
• Integrates the July 2022 Android security patch to enhance system security.
Communication
• Improves stability of mobile network connections.

INCREMENTAL (from 11_C.21):

Top Liked Posts