[OnePlus 8 Pro][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

greypilgrim

Feb 10, 2011
Hi,
oxygen updater report that the rom on my OP8 Pro is wrong. It said that I've to switch to indian, but mine Op was bought from op store eu.
What rom I've to use?

Right now, my devices report that is runnig in2023_11_c.21

dbareis

May 14, 2010
dennisbareis.com
I'm on Build "IN2025_11.C.21" and there is an OTA for "IN2025_11.C.33", I lost root when C21 hung and have been looking for the images to extract boot.img.

They are not listed in the OP (is that no longer being updated)? I've tried googling can someone please point me to the downloadable images? Thanks

May 25, 2010
Battle Creek, Michigan
I downloaded the most recent update for OP8P IN2025_11.C.33_1330_202207302311
When I try to payload dump, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads\payload_dumper-win64\payload_dumper.py", line 86, in <module>
assert op.type in (op.REPLACE, op.REPLACE_BZ, op.REPLACE_XZ), \
AssertionError: unsupported op

This is how I got the boot.img on the last OTA so im not sure whats different about this one. Any ideas?

Kalanyr

Oct 7, 2020
I downloaded the most recent update for OP8P IN2025_11.C.33_1330_202207302311
When I try to payload dump, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads\payload_dumper-win64\payload_dumper.py", line 86, in <module>
assert op.type in (op.REPLACE, op.REPLACE_BZ, op.REPLACE_XZ), \
AssertionError: unsupported op

This is how I got the boot.img on the last OTA so im not sure whats different about this one. Any ideas?
Yeah, I had this problem too. It seems like they've changed the structure for the incremental updates because I tried to extract boot.img from it using another payload dumper that supports incremental updates and while it successfully extracted a boot.img the img was corrupted.

Kalanyr

Oct 7, 2020
Hmmm. A patched boot.img from the IN2023 C33 full OTA can't be used to boot IN2025 on C33 (from an incremental update) either.

That means the pre-patched image provided in: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...epo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4084315/post-87251739 also doesn't work.

Edit - Its possible this is because I forgot to disable some magisk modules but I don't really see how.

ETA2 - Weirdly once I installed the incremental C33 for IN2025 , it turns out that my phone shows as IN2023 in it's about device and shows as being on build number IN2023_11_C_.33

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Oct 7, 2020
I have tested the following image and verified that it works (on an IN2025 incrementally updated to C.33 and thus showing as IN2023).

The patched image attached is done with the currently latest magick-alpha, so if you're not using that, I've also attached the boot.img I used so you can patch it yourself. In which case you should adjust the instructions appropriately
If it doesn't work, then

Turn on USB debugging and make sure it's authenticated and works and you access the shell

From a terminal window:
./adb restart fastboot

On the phone (if necessary) move to fastboot mode instead of fastbootd by selecting English -> Advanced -> Reboot to fastboot

On the computer, open a second terminal window and execute
./adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

Then go back to your first terminal window and do
./fastboot boot magisk_patched-25202_ATMXx.img

If Magisk asked you to reinstall the non-hidden app and you did so, make sure you launch the app that actually has SU authority (ie the one you named, not the non-hidden app) and you should be able to do a direct install.

If that app still isn't showing Magisk having SU authority, then you need to:
./adb restart fastboot
Go into fastboot mode on the phone
And then launch the app (sorry about this bit, I wasn't paying enough attention and failed to check if the reset from remove--modules go back into the on device image and did the fastboot thing by accident myself to test something else before realizing my startup sequence actually prompted for the pin)

ETA - Okay, I'm not allowed to attach files so links here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o87n8kqb0xaj29k/AABen2pbOC0_lFvxDDVybNt8a?dl=0

Last edited:
Reactions: py.qt and Callbiggq

DizXDA83

Mar 12, 2012
Portugal
small problem here.... got a 8 Pro IN2023 version EU. Was on C.33 official Oxygen. for some stupid reason i tried installed a custom recovery (witch i have done in A11 version and worked) just in case further bellow i would give it a try to some custom rom...
that's when problem started... now phone starts in recovery (original not custom) and does not enter system.... downloaded C33 firmware from 1st post and extracted recovery same thing....
any idea what i can do not to hard reset phone? thinks!

Solved just ran fastboot command to active partion and worked! It showed me active slot is A. Witch means slot B is empty or just has recovery on it. How can i put both slots with last firmware???

Last edited:

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
small problem here.... got a 8 Pro IN2023 version EU. Was on C.33 official Oxygen. for some stupid reason i tried installed a custom recovery (witch i have done in A11 version and worked) just in case further bellow i would give it a try to some custom rom...
that's when problem started... now phone starts in recovery (original not custom) and does not enter system.... downloaded C33 firmware from 1st post and extracted recovery same thing....
any idea what i can do not to hard reset phone? thinks!

Solved just ran fastboot command to active partion and worked! It showed me active slot is A. Witch means slot B is empty or just has recovery on it. How can i put both slots with last firmware???
Install full C33 firmware twice via local update

DizXDA83

Mar 12, 2012
Portugal
but is that what happens?? I can't flash custom recovery or phone won't boot??? Back on Android 11 when i pursached phone i manage to flash a custom recovery and it worked...

AdmiralKirk

Feb 13, 2012
Manchester
Just out of curiosity, I was comparing the full C.33 firmware package for the Global 8Pro vs the C.33 package for the European 8Pro and about half the partitions are identical. Has anyone used the European C.33 Firmware on a Global 8Pro to update their firmware? Just curious how similar the two firmware packages actually are.

py.qt

Nov 7, 2017
I have tested the following image and verified that it works (on an IN2025 incrementally updated to C.33 and thus showing as IN2023).

The patched image attached is done with the currently latest magick-alpha, so if you're not using that, I've also attached the boot.img I used so you can patch it yourself. In which case you should adjust the instructions appropriately
If it doesn't work, then

Turn on USB debugging and make sure it's authenticated and works and you access the shell

From a terminal window:
./adb restart fastboot

On the phone (if necessary) move to fastboot mode instead of fastbootd by selecting English -> Advanced -> Reboot to fastboot

On the computer, open a second terminal window and execute
./adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

Then go back to your first terminal window and do

If Magisk asked you to reinstall the non-hidden app and you did so, make sure you launch the app that actually has SU authority (ie the one you named, not the non-hidden app) and you should be able to do a direct install.

If that app still isn't showing Magisk having SU authority, then you need to:
./adb restart fastboot
Go into fastboot mode on the phone
And then launch the app (sorry about this bit, I wasn't paying enough attention and failed to check if the reset from remove--modules go back into the on device image and did the fastboot thing by accident myself to test something else before realizing my startup sequence actually prompted for the pin)

ETA - Okay, I'm not allowed to attach files so links here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o87n8kqb0xaj29k/AABen2pbOC0_lFvxDDVybNt8a?dl=0

It worked me. Thank you.

DizXDA83

Mar 12, 2012
Portugal
I would like to expose a small issue. Have last c33 version on slot A. When i reboot phone in recovery phone i then cant enter system and have to insert fastboot command active slot A to be able to enter system again. If not phone just keeps rebooting.
Any idea how to solve this?? It seems i have recovery in slot B an system in A

lyrebird

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just out of curiosity, I was comparing the full C.33 firmware package for the Global 8Pro vs the C.33 package for the European 8Pro and about half the partitions are identical. Has anyone used the European C.33 Firmware on a Global 8Pro to update their firmware? Just curious how similar the two firmware packages actually are.
Could you please let me know where you can download the full package of C.33? My 8 pro is rooted hence no way to update via OTA. thanks.

Reactions: dbareis

Top Liked Posts