[OnePlus 8 Pro][ROM][OTA][Oxygen OS] Repo of Oxygen OS Builds

Search This thread

juancarlos5

Apr 8, 2013
Puerto Rico
That doesn't answer my question lol
Can I use a different OOS 12 update variant (EU) for (US/Global) 8 Pro?
I understand you already have EU variant for OOS 11, if so you would have to go up to the same variant without problems. I personally have not tried it

Pd: if you already have global C16 you can go up to C35 without problems. I did it with oxygen updater

Yuan Xi

Apr 12, 2015
OTA updated both my 8 IN2015 and my 8 pro IN2025 to there version of 11_C.35 , just looking for boot.ing's to root. Can't find where OnePlus hide's the ota zip and the incremental has no boot.ing
Global(IN2025)'s latest full zip is C.21.
Global user can only root on c.21 then OTA to c.35.
Another way is to ask someone who is already rooted on C.35 to help extract the boot.img

Yuan Xi

Apr 12, 2015
Thanks Yuan Xi, had root on c.21 but uninstalled to ota c.35. I'll try recovery, zip install if that may work. I do this everytime there's a new ota
To keep root and ota on global version.

You can open magisk, click "Uninstall Magisk" and choose "RESTORE IMAGES" ,
then go to the system (Google) update to install the incremental package.
When done, do not reboot. Go to the magisk and install magisk (choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)")
*IMPORTANT* do not reboot in magisk, go back to the system update and click reboot.

This method works for incremental updates.

Reactions: Callbiggq

Orig-pinetree

Jan 30, 2021
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro

When done, do not reboot. Go to the magisk and install magisk (choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)")
*IMPORTANT* do not reboot in magisk, go back to the system update and click reboot.

Thank you, very much appreciated Yuan Xi

okgnew

Mar 9, 2009

I get an error in the last step (go back to the system update and click reboot):
"There was an issue while preparing to restart. Please try again later"

Yuan Xi

Apr 12, 2015
But Oxygen Updater does not download incremental update, right? I can't find c.35 there, only from system settings.
Don't give root to Oxygen Updater.
Global / NA OnePlus 8 Pro (IN2025)
C.21 full package.
C.21 → C.33 incremental package.
C.33 → C.35 incremental package.

LAdawg

Sep 29, 2022
I posted this earlier in general help but I think its more appropriate here.
I tried to update to 21 with a local install and lost root
I patched an image and now it's stuck in fastboot.
It may have updated to c33 but I'm not sure.
If I set active slot to b it will boot partially and shut down.
It shows in the settings its version 21 booting from slot b.
I've tried to flash and load stock and patched images from every version.
I've rooted plenty of phones I've always been able to get it back but I am stuck.
I feel like I'm close, I don't want to give up and lose everything on the phone.
Anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Thank you.

Azbulldog

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for these. I just installed C.21, and was attempting to install the incremental to C.35 provided by Oxygen Updater, but it was consistently failing at 18% either because it couldn't jump two versions or something else. OTA also failed with "There was an issue while preparing to restart." C.21 → C.33 worked but now C.33 → C.35 fails at 29% and OTA is still failing, "Installation problem". What a mess.
But Oxygen Updater does not download incremental update, right? I can't find c.35 there, only from system settings.
I had to go into its settings and select Incremental update method instead of Full.

Yuan Xi

Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for these. I just installed C.21, and was attempting to install the incremental to C.35 provided by Oxygen Updater, but it was consistently failing at 18% either because it couldn't jump two versions or something else. OTA also failed with "There was an issue while preparing to restart." C.21 → C.33 worked but now C.33 → C.35 fails at 29% and OTA is still failing, "Installation problem". What a mess.

I had to go into its settings and select Incremental update method instead of Full.
You should make sure to restore the image in magisk before OTA, then install magisk to the other (inactive) slot before rebooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orig-pinetree

epicurean

Nov 6, 2005
HI,unfamiliar with OnePlus phones here so please bear with me. I am currently on 11.0.11.11.IN11AA. This is on a IN2023
Which update should I go for ? and please advice how should I go about doing it without losing root and my data on Magick?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts